Linebacker recruiting

I think we need more DE’s and LB’s than we currently have, and seemingly chasing.

I do like the little ive seem of Jennings, and it will be interesting to see steed once he is healthy.
Does either wilder , steed or Jenning RS this year ?

Only steed can shirt.

We need a minimum of two lb, depth isn't issue, it's a talent issue. Then again , I guess that's a depth issue too lol

Special teams ?

Advertisement
Based off of the 4 games this season. Its in my opinion that we need to bring in 3 lbs in this recruiting class. I believe the depth that we currently have is not Miami or elite acc depth ar linebacker, and Mccloud has definately regressed big time. I dont really like what we are doing in recruiting that spot this class anybody else share my thoughts or have any linebackers we should target post it in this post?. [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]

Problem is none of the guys outside of Joyner and imo chatfield(neither are true linebackers) are better than what will be available to Miami to get in the 2019 linebacker class. The 2018 class is a terrible linebacking class(worst in the last 5 years in the state of Florida) while 2019 is elite as it gets, with Miami sitting in great position for most of our targets. Can’t overload with 3 this class while we had 3 last class and plan to take at least 3 in 2019

Couldn't we go national though for a stud or two at LB?

Based off of the 4 games this season. Its in my opinion that we need to bring in 3 lbs in this recruiting class. I believe the depth that we currently have is not Miami or elite acc depth ar linebacker, and Mccloud has definately regressed big time. I dont really like what we are doing in recruiting that spot this class anybody else share my thoughts or have any linebackers we should target post it in this post?. [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]

Problem is none of the guys outside of Joyner and imo chatfield(neither are true linebackers) are better than what will be available to Miami to get in the 2019 linebacker class. The 2018 class is a terrible linebacking class(worst in the last 5 years in the state of Florida) while 2019 is elite as it gets, with Miami sitting in great position for most of our targets. Can’t overload with 3 this class while we had 3 last class and plan to take at least 3 in 2019

Dont care about NEXT class . Yall do that sh*t every year...Next class is loaded. Whoc are how loaded it is were not signing all of them and we need the depth NEXT YEAR.
Steed is a redshirt thats been hurt, Jennings is a MIKE (has looked solid on specials), Wilder is a scheme fit guy (has looked on specials)

Charles Perry isnt good (sr next year), Owens is on one leg (senior), Mike Smith a senior next class, Gordinier may never ever play.

This is the reason we are left with what we have at safety this year....Oh next class is loaded. **** Diaz subs 1million players ...BRING EM IN NOW.

Not caring about the next class and taking what's available is how you end up with Charles Perry's and Mike Smiths in the 1st place. Outside of Louis none of the LB's in SFL are standout prospects. It is what it is. I'm not opposed to signing 3 but they better be worth it, OOS this year the only way to accomplish it.

Oh i aint know we only could recruit south florida for players?. Charles Perry and Mike Smith werent late adds. They were kids evaluated and locked in early. In years like this you cant get your *** kicked by your rival for 2 of the best local guys. And then refused to even target anything else. Currently we dont even have any real target at LB...i guess Joyner but he is an FSU commit.

To nobody's surprise, you don't understand scholarship #s . 85 is a hard limit. We can't take 3 LBs unless we ***** up our depth elsewhere.

I'm always shocked why this is a hard concept to understand

Advertisement

To nobody's surprise, you don't understand scholarship #s . 85 is a hard limit. We can't take 3 LBs unless we ***** up our depth elsewhere.

I'm always shocked why this is a hard concept to understand

Point to the position where it will ***** up our depth though?. There is a thing called attrition. Which will definately happen this spring. Richt routinely kicks a player or 2 off a year, wont be any different this year.

Do we need more LBs or rather a true LB coach so Diaz can focus on the entire defense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
If we bring in those 6-8 db's in our 2018 class. Do you guys see players like Finley or Knowles moving to LB (for depth)? Just asking ..Go Canes!

If we bring in those 6-8 db's in our 2018 class. Do you guys see players like Finley or Knowles moving to LB (for depth)? Just asking ..Go Canes!

Definately no on knowles. Finley i dont know..i wish they woulf roll hom out there so we can see him in the back end some. I dont think either of the two wouldbe an answer at linebacker though

Steed has not played a snap, right? Hoping he shirts to have some stagger.

Advertisement
Y are we not recruiting the hybrid lb like mat thomas? **** is puzzling that we letting theze beasts walk out of sfla. I like those telvin smith cj mosley types. Abdullah Bonito and other deserve a look

I think we need more DE’s and LB’s than we currently have, and seemingly chasing.

I do like the little ive seem of Jennings, and it will be interesting to see steed once he is healthy.
Does either wilder , steed or Jenning RS this year ?

Only steed can shirt.

We need a minimum of two lb, depth isn't issue, it's a talent issue. Then again , I guess that's a depth issue too lol

Special teams ?

Wilder and Jennings played in garbage time and wilder plays st's. Shirt is burned

Advertisement
For sure need at least one and preferably two. We missed out on Reese and that other guy (forgot his name) and it looks like we are still targeting Joyner. For those talking about scholly #s the easy fix is just to shed some of the deadweight at LB and take in a more talented freshman.

Bonitto played so well vs. Deerfield that he had a full Herald article written up about him. Below are some key passages:

---------------

St. Thomas Aquinas vs. Deerfield Beach, Game recap, Fri., Oct. 6, 2017 | Miami Herald

At a time when St. Thomas Aquinas needed a lift most they got it from Nik Bonitto. After going five consecutive quarters without points, the senior four-star defensive end at St. Thomas Aquinas, made a pair of key plays Friday night that broke the Raiders’ scoring funk and propelled them to a 14-0 blanking of visiting Deerfield Beach.

First, Bonitto tipped the ball up in the air near the Bucks’ goal line and caught in the end zone to break a streak of five quarters for Aquinas without points. Then, he sacked Deerfield Beach quarterback Kyle Kaplan forcing a punt that gave the Raiders’ offense a short field. Aquinas cashed in moments later on a 10-yard touchdown run by Daniel Carter for its first offensive touchdown since Sept. 25.

“I just read the play and got an interception,” Bonitto said. “We’ve been working on creating turnovers and trying to create points. I got to make plays for my team just to win so it was a great play.”

No one was surprised Bonitto, who finished with 2 ½ sacks and also forced a fumble, made those plays. Bonitto (6-4, 205 pounds) ... [is] a captain of the team.

Bonitto, who’s being recruited by numerous major FBS programs, said he’s visiting the Universities of Texas and Oklahoma in the coming weeks, and said Louisville remains high on his list of suitors.

Last edited:

Dont care about NEXT class . Yall do that sh*t every year...Next class is loaded. Whoc are how loaded it is were not signing all of them and we need the depth NEXT YEAR.
Steed is a redshirt thats been hurt, Jennings is a MIKE (has looked solid on specials), Wilder is a scheme fit guy (has looked on specials)

Charles Perry isnt good (sr next year), Owens is on one leg (senior), Mike Smith a senior next class, Gordinier may never ever play.

This is the reason we are left with what we have at safety this year....Oh next class is loaded. **** Diaz subs 1million players ...BRING EM IN NOW.

Not caring about the next class and taking what's available is how you end up with Charles Perry's and Mike Smiths in the 1st place. Outside of Louis none of the LB's in SFL are standout prospects. It is what it is. I'm not opposed to signing 3 but they better be worth it, OOS this year the only way to accomplish it.

Nik Bonitto is...guy has 30 offers but apparently only Louisville, Oklahoma, and according to the article Texas wants him

Advertisement
Back