Linebacker recruiting

Amari Carter and Romeo Finley both can move to linebacker next year problem solved. Diaz likes linebackers that can cover the slot anyway so it only makes sense.

Didnt know this is playstation. Just move them there huh....If got**** Shaq Quarterman gets put on his *** inline what the **** you think will happen to those 2. For some reason its thought that its just easy to be a linebacker and mix it up..them two dudes aint mixing it up on the back end yet.

Advertisement
Jesus now gotta put the OP in the crying ****** list. Dude is supposed to be a veteran knowledgeable poster too. what is it about this forum and massive amounts of overreacting and crying that happens after every single game? Our lb depth chart is Perfect right now. The right mix of studs, promising youngsters, and veteran depth. We have zach, shaq, and Pinckney till 2018 or 2019. All the veteran backups will have graduated. We have wilder, steed, and Jennings to bridge the gap to the HUGE 2019 class.

But no this cat would rather have us load up with talent blockers now, clogging up the depth chart so we lose out on some of that 2019 haul, then he'll the first one to trash the coaches for doing exactly what he wanted in the first place.

Has nothing to do with the GAME. Ive been saying this since BEFORE the season started. The lb class of last year is NOTHING to write home about. One guy is a shirt because hes coming in hurt (we dont know how he looks)..the other 2 are current special teamers so we dont know what we have. We have NUMBERS...im wanting TALENT infusion. Who cares about a 2019 haul two years from now that you have no value on what your getting.
We need 2-3 linebackers in this class in my opinion. We currently have no commits, no leans, and one target thats an FSU commit. But yea tell me about this BIG 2019 class you speak about?.

Didn't play but Steed was in full uniform , kinda weird

Amari Carter and Romeo Finley both can move to linebacker next year problem solved. Diaz likes linebackers that can cover the slot anyway so it only makes sense.

Didnt know this is playstation. Just move them there huh....If got**** Shaq Quarterman gets put on his *** inline what the **** you think will happen to those 2. For some reason its thought that its just easy to be a linebacker and mix it up..them two dudes aint mixing it up on the back end yet.

It's easy to move from safety to linebacker and have success happens all the time. Those two have no coverage ability from the safety position but they would make good outside linebackers especially Amari Carter.

It's easy to move from safety to linebacker and have success happens all the time. Those two have no coverage ability from the safety position but they would make good outside linebackers especially Amari Carter.

Dude, nothing about playing football is easy. You see how much Pinckney struggles to get off blocks? And he's in the LB position most protected from OL getting to him. Some safeties definitely can and do successfully make the transition. But, let's not sit here and act like any safety who doesn't succeed at the position and has size will suddenly be a plus at LB

You missed the point and or don't want to get what gogeta said. If linemen are putting 240 lbs LB on their *** what do you think they'll do to a 200-210 lbs DB?

And we don't know if Amari has coverage ability or not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement

You missed the point and or don't want to get what gogeta said. If linemen are putting 240 lbs LB on their *** what do you think they'll do to a 200-210 lbs DB?

Are y'all talking about weight? Seriously Jermaine Grace did play LBer and Sean Spence before him.... how much did they weigh??

Are y'all talking about weight? Seriously Jermaine Grace did play LBer and Sean Spence before him.... how much did they weigh??
Was moreso piggybacking off of gogeta but Weight does play a factor on how successful a player is depending on the scheme.

The point is those two have never played a down at LB. You'd be hurting depth at S, which is worse than at LB, and would waste time trying to teach them a new position.

Jermaine grace and sean woace both played linebacker since they were ten years old. Instincts with those two were at an all time high as well as physicality

I personally like Bonnito at SLB. I have no clue why he hasnt gotten an offer. He's about 6'3- 6'4 205-210 and ran a 4.7 in the spring

This is another kid i like a bit out of NJ.
https://247sports.com/Player/Javontae-Jean-Baptiste-46038508
Kid mostly plays de..but was a confirmed 6'5- 205 in the spring clocking a 4.7 again. Very similar to our current commit out of Champagnat. I would double down on those two. He plays good comp at Bergen Catholic...and as can see from the film kid runs down on kick off pretty well. Shows his athleticism. I think Tennessee just offered.

Ikid is playing right now on espn and looking real good. Loos like a kul type de or olb. Just said he has visits to va tech n tenn. Kid is a mia level player imo

Advertisement
Geta, Pete was pretty clear in his podcast that coaches aren't ready to settle if they don't get Joyner or someone else on the top of their boards, but may be considering moving current players to the LB spot. I do think Carter and Smith can make that transition. They are already expected to come down and play LB-lite Diaz' nickle/rover scheme. Diaz had Quan single-high a lot last game. And given Carter and Smith are already big hitters and downhill runners (playing pretty well on STs, too), I would expect they could learn how to navigate the traffic.

Personally, I'd rather sign Bonito and maybe Abdullah. But if we only sign 1, then with that amazing DB class coming in, I think we need to move one or two of the other safeties down.

This early signing period should be super helpful. If they can get 18 kids to sign in December, they can focus all their energies on only a few spots. Maybe they'll pull in a surprise national elite kid in the end.

If we honestly don't go after Bonnito then we need a new coach who can evaluate LB because how are we gonna pick put a bunch of slow LB last class when hybrid LB perfect for our scheme with less comp is sitting right in our face.

STACK CHIPS and get both Bonnito and Joyner. They are both perfect for our scheme.

If we honestly don't go after Bonnito then we need a new coach who can evaluate LB because how are we gonna pick put a bunch of slow LB last class when hybrid LB perfect for our scheme with less comp is sitting right in our face.

STACK CHIPS and get both Bonnito and Joyner. They are both perfect for our scheme.

Joyner seemed locked into FSU after his visit for the FSU loss to UL

We got Wilder last class, not many LBs faster than him.

Advertisement

Those boys are overrated af.

If we think we're going to compete with Alabama by having backup safeties move to LB, we might just be smoking somehing.

Advertisement
With the amount of db prospects we're recruiting, I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually moved to a 4-2-5 in a couple years. We lose all our veteran backup juniors after 2018 along with Pinckney perhaps. Mcloud and shaq are gone after 2019. McCray and gordiniere are non-factors.

2020 lb corps will be composed of seniors Jennings, steed, wilder; junior Joyner; sophomores jesiah, brooks, Howard, and Solomon.

Think yall are overreacting a little bit.

It's not even November yet. Just like Harley last year, don't expect us to offer Bonnito, Abdullah, etc until after their season is over, or until we think Joyner is sticking with FSU.

I have no problem getting only 1 LB in this cycle. I'd probably prefer 2 though, mainly because I think we will have some room at the LB position because Charles Perry and Terry McCray should Transfer. I would say Owens and Smith too, but I think those two are okay to keep for depth.

And I personally wanted Rosendo Louis. But any two of Abdullah, Joyner, Bonnito, Louis, etc is perfectly fine with me. But seriously its pretty clear Joyner is our top target, and we are going for him hard, I don't see why so many of you guys want us to move on from our top target so soon.

By Signing day, I'd bet we get Abdullah and Bonnito though. I think Joyner probably sticks with FSU, and I doubt we can flip Louis if we are even trying to flip him. But it's not bad to look ahead to next years class either. Fact is 2019 is loaded at RB and LB. Just like it was good we didn't load up on Dbs in 2017, because the 2018 DB class was elite, it makes perfect sense to not oversign at LB in this class. We've taken 3 LBs the last two classes, and we are definitely going to want to sign 3 or 4 in 2019 as well. So I think 2 is the most we should get this cycle.

That Iowa St LB was playing QB last year and he looks **** good... Ray Ray never played LB till he was in the NFL.

I'm sure Amari Carter can pull it off. The kid is more physical as a true freshman than Ray Ray ever was here and much smarter

Advertisement
Back