Linebacker recruiting

Jesus now gotta put the OP in the crying ****** list. Dude is supposed to be a veteran knowledgeable poster too. what is it about this forum and massive amounts of overreacting and crying that happens after every single game? Our lb depth chart is Perfect right now. The right mix of studs, promising youngsters, and veteran depth. We have zach, shaq, and Pinckney till 2018 or 2019. All the veteran backups will have graduated. We have wilder, steed, and Jennings to bridge the gap to the HUGE 2019 class.

But no this cat would rather have us load up with talent blockers now, clogging up the depth chart so we lose out on some of that 2019 haul, then he'll the first one to trash the coaches for doing exactly what he wanted in the first place.

Advertisement
I don't understand why people always blame the players. We are not fitting put gaps and tackling is poor. Mcloud went straight shoulder into one guy and didn't try to wrap up. I'm putting this on Diaz. Simplify what we are doing. I don't see many players getting beat 1 v 1. I see bad angles, wrong gaps and poor tackling. There are many other teams in the conference and country who wanted these players. Last year Richt told them to simplify the scheme. If it's not working we need to do so again. We gave up 183 and 203 rushing in the last 2 games. That's not acceptable and says to me it's more than talent because Duke doesn't have more talent than we do. Sorry

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For sure need at least one and preferably two. We missed out on Reese and that other guy (forgot his name) and it looks like we are still targeting Joyner. For those talking about scholly #s the easy fix is just to shed some of the deadweight at LB and take in a more talented freshman.
Didn't actually miss on Reese, we simply didn't want him.

His Uncle is Coach Dugans, but we passed because he's not physical enough despite the fact he has a great physique.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane type guy. Aside from that, agree with you.

But, I think we can still get Joyner we just need him to quit playing around & make it official.

Jesus now gotta put the OP in the crying ****** list. Dude is supposed to be a veteran knowledgeable poster too. what is it about this forum and massive amounts of overreacting and crying that happens after every single game? Our lb depth chart is Perfect right now. The right mix of studs, promising youngsters, and veteran depth. We have zach, shaq, and Pinckney till 2018 or 2019. All the veteran backups will have graduated. We have wilder, steed, and Jennings to bridge the gap to the HUGE 2019 class.

But no this cat would rather have us load up with talent blockers now, clogging up the depth chart so we lose out on some of that 2019 haul, then he'll the first one to trash the coaches for doing exactly what he wanted in the first place.

gogeta is a hater and is almost always wrong.

He actually tried to claim X Williams was as good as Jeudy/Ridley in another thread.

He just loves to act like he knows football better than the coaching staff, so he bashes them and the program whenever possible. It's honestly pretty sad

Always seemed to me that this was a spot the would develop late and include a national level type surprise, kinda like Jeff Thomas last season. Just has that type of feel

Advertisement

Has nothing to do with the GAME. Ive been saying this since BEFORE the season started. The lb class of last year is NOTHING to write home about. One guy is a shirt because hes coming in hurt (we dont know how he looks)..the other 2 are current special teamers so we dont know what we have. We have NUMBERS...im wanting TALENT infusion. Who cares about a 2019 haul two years from now that you have no value on what your getting.
We need 2-3 linebackers in this class in my opinion. We currently have no commits, no leans, and one target thats an FSU commit. But yea tell me about this BIG 2019 class you speak about?.

Last edited:
Always seemed to me that this was a spot the would develop late and include a national level type surprise, kinda like Jeff Thomas last season. Just has that type of feel

I wish they would, which is why i started this thread to see some more national recruits since florida is pretty weak at lb this year

I feel like we need to limit our rotation at LB, Owens and Smith are serviceable. No need to be playing Perry anymore. But I do agree that Bonnito, Abdullah and some OOS guys should be targeted.

I've always said Derrick Smith ends up a LB. Less likely but i could see Carter playing there too, he's not as fast as Abdullah but smarter and more physical for sure.

Advertisement
For sure need at least one and preferably two. We missed out on Reese and that other guy (forgot his name) and it looks like we are still targeting Joyner. For those talking about scholly #s the easy fix is just to shed some of the deadweight at LB and take in a more talented freshman.

His Uncle is Coach Dugans, but we passed because he's not physical enough despite the fact he has a great physique.

But, I think we can still get Joyner we just need him to quit playing around & make it official.
[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION]

What u think about this joyner guy

Has nothing to do with the GAME. Ive been saying this since BEFORE the season started. The lb class of last year is NOTHING to write home about. One guy is a shirt because hes coming in hurt (we dont know how he looks)..the other 2 are current special teamers so we dont know what we have. We have NUMBERS...im wanting TALENT infusion. Who cares about a 2019 haul two years from now that you have no value on what your getting.
We need 2-3 linebackers in this class in my opinion. We currently have no commits, no leans, and one target thats an FSU commit. But yea tell me about this BIG 2019 class you speak about?.

Agree they should always stack chips at every position yearly and push the ones that dont pan out....out

Bama train rolls because thats what they do

I've always said Derrick Smith ends up a LB. Less likely but i could see Carter playing there too, he's not as fast as Abdullah but smarter and more physical for sure.

Carter is more of a lb than smith. Carter was in the box most of the time in high school.

Advertisement

@Liberty City El

Very good Backer, plays mostly rush end at South Dade, but the staff sees him as a Sam LB in our system.

Don't believe the stuff about him wanting to play Mike, but I think he's a legit prospect with great size, 6'2 210lbs with long arms.
I think Diaz likes him because we use our LB's as Blitzer a lot & with him as a Rush end that's where he excels.

If we're going all in on him then I'm good with that as long as we flip him, which I believe we will.

Still think we should offer Yasir Abdullah & try to flip him as well, but it would be a great look for our program to flip another LB from FSU & not just allow them to come down to our turf & take a player from one of our feeder schools.

@Liberty City El

Very good Backer, plays mostly rush end at South Dade, but the staff sees him as a Sam LB in our system.

Don't believe the stuff about him wanting to play Mike, but I think he's a legit prospect with great size, 6'2 210lbs with long arms.
I think Diaz likes him because we use our LB's as Blitzer a lot & with him as a Rush end that's where he excels.

If we're going all in on him then I'm good with that as long as we flip him, which I believe we will.

Still think we should offer Yasir Abdullah & try to flip him as well, but it would be a great look for our program to flip another LB from FSU & not just allow them to come down to our turf & take a player from one of our feeder schools.

We got one last year should just make it a annual thing

I think we need to sign 3 LBs for Storm18' and follow that up with 3 for Surge19'!! Miami is on it's way back to the top and that means we need to have the depth at every position.. I think it would be best to stock up now and get the players now, then later the staff can basically hand pick the players in the future (something like Bama doing now)!!

At LB in the system Diaz is running Miami needs the thumpers and speedsters..

Advertisement
I think we need to sign 3 LBs for Storm18' and follow that up with 3 for Surge19'!! Miami is on it's way back to the top and that means we need to have the depth at every position.. I think it would be best to stock up now and get the players now, then later the staff can basically hand pick the players in the future (something like Bama doing now)!!

At LB in the system Diaz is running Miami needs the thumpers and speedsters..

As good as that sounds, there really isnt 3 LBs that are takes for us unless we went OOS. We will clean up on them next year though.

Based off of the 4 games this season. Its in my opinion that we need to bring in 3 lbs in this recruiting class. I believe the depth that we currently have is not Miami or elite acc depth ar linebacker, and Mccloud has definately regressed big time. I dont really like what we are doing in recruiting that spot this class anybody else share my thoughts or have any linebackers we should target post it in this post?. @Peter Ariz @DMoney

Agreed.

You also have to expect that at least one of the sophomore starters will leave early.

Based off of the 4 games this season. Its in my opinion that we need to bring in 3 lbs in this recruiting class. I believe the depth that we currently have is not Miami or elite acc depth ar linebacker, and Mccloud has definately regressed big time. I dont really like what we are doing in recruiting that spot this class anybody else share my thoughts or have any linebackers we should target post it in this post?. @Peter Ariz @DMoney

Agreed.

You also have to expect that at least one of the sophomore starters will leave early.

which is i think we need to go 3. You have LEGIT question marks in last years class. No need to hold out waiting on 2019. Churn the depth now...

Amari Carter and Romeo Finley both can move to linebacker next year problem solved. Diaz likes linebackers that can cover the slot anyway so it only makes sense.

Advertisement
Back