Lincoln Riley to LSU (Rumored)

Advertisement
LSU was on the brink of bankruptcy and a couple of years later is gonna pay a coach 8 figures a year. Amazing what you can do when people care about the program.

Advertisement
LSU was on the brink of bankruptcy and a couple of years later is gonna pay a coach 8 figures a year. Amazing what you can do when people care about the program.
It helps when your school is essentially a locker room masquerading as a university. LSU has zero academic standards and folded several academic programs to support football.

I'll give you $100 if 50% of their team can read beyond a 6th grade level.

LSU isn’t a better job than OU. They’re both sec now. Ou is a blue blood and if came down to money Oklahoma would find it to pay lol
A job where they have elite in-state talent (as the flagship school) and the last 3 coaches (including a garbage Coach in O) have won titles definitely makes it a better job IMO.

I get your stance but I disagree
Other than just saying it is a blue blood, what factors in your opinion make it a better job for a super talented coach, that could win anywhere but is more likely to win at Oklahoma? Why hasn’t Oklahoma been able to climb Mt Roll Tide but the clemsons and LSU have?

Advertisement
Other than just saying it is a blue blood, what factors in your opinion make it a better job for a super talented coach, that could win anywhere but is more likely to win at Oklahoma? Why hasn’t Oklahoma been able to climb Mt Roll Tide but the clemsons and LSU have?

Oklahoma will be in the SEC, LSU in the SEC is better lol

Advertisement
the days of OU rolling to 10+ win seasons are likely about to come to an end so this wouldn’t be a crazy outcome…even if still a surprising one.
Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if the SEC move tilted Riley to LSU. OU is going to struggle in SEC and Riley is dippin before having to deal with that.

Also….if this plays out this way then omg OU got cucked so hard by LSU. I bet both ADs were all friendly a few months back “Welcome to the SEC guys!!! We’re so excited to have you!!!” And then boom, LSU takes your girl and leaves you scrambling to find a replacement.

Lsu will be scary with Riley if he can get more consistent on defense.

You'd think Oklahoma would be the better gig though, especially when they officially join the toothless mafia conference...eh, maybe them "churches" in Louisiana edged it out

Advertisement
If Riley leaves Oklahoma it’s because he knows LSU is a better job. He has a much better chance at winning a chip with LSU than Oklahoma.

Real question lies, who goes to Oklahoma if he leaves?
Not necessarily. He might not be happy at Oklahoma. You don't always jive with the people you work with. That's been mentioned in this case.

From a talent perspective, he pulls 90% of his roster from Texas, so he can basically do the same, and get Louisiana guys as well. Maybe a slight upgrade in recruiting, but you can only take 25 regardless and he's recruited nationally and done well in California and Florida. Maybe getting better guys on defense and getting the right DC will be the difference, but I could easily see where LSU is no better off than OU is right now, where they are losing 2-3 games a year every year. I think he's a fine coach, but not necessarily elite and noone is elite at beating Saban at this point. If LSU is happy with finishing at best 2nd in their division every year, this could be a great hire.

Amazing what you can do when you steal money from a Children’s cancer hospital and illegally funnel it to the football program, and no one cares.

I just thought this was wild rumor and speculation, but maybe this has legs? Figured Riley's agent was angling for a raise and extension but maybe he has real interest....hmmmmm.

Advertisement
Back