Lincoln Riley to LSU (Rumored)

What’s your take on the recruiting side of things? LSU is in a state loaded with talent, and the local kids are extremely loyal to the program. OU has to fight the Texas schools and now the big SEC schools for Texas kids. That seems like a big advantage for LSU, but you know the dynamic of OU recruiting in Texas more than most.
I don’t think OU is fighting with anybody in Texas they recruit as long as they’re winning 10 a year. Texas a&m dominates north Houston and surrounding areas. Ou dips into Houston but dominates the dfw area. As long as Texas is mediocre as they have been for years they aren’t a threat. Ou gets who they want at the skill positions

Advertisement
Other than just saying it is a blue blood, what factors in your opinion make it a better job for a super talented coach, that could win anywhere but is more likely to win at Oklahoma? Why hasn’t Oklahoma been able to climb Mt Roll Tide but the clemsons and LSU have?
They just haven’t been able to get defense right but that’s on Riley in my opinion. He focus so much on reloading his clip when he should really go balls to the wall on the other side of the ball for a few cycles. He’s Lincoln Riley he can scheme me and you open he doesn’t need 5 star wideouts

It’s easy, what has held him back from winning? Defense sucks. At LSU he can pull elite DBs. Game over. He will clean up on offense and pull better defensive talent than at OU ( even when they are both in the SEC). If he can’t win there he can’t win anywhere.
At OU with a sec logo on his chest he can pull anybody he wants if he chooses to focus on that side of the ball for once

Advertisement
It helps when your school is essentially a locker room masquerading as a university. LSU has zero academic standards and folded several academic programs to support football.

I'll give you $100 if 50% of their team can read beyond a 6th grade level.
They know what it’s there for

Advertisement
I’d expect a guy I’m willing to pay $12mm a year to coach football to recognize and maximize talent like Rambo that’s sitting on his roster.

Advertisement
Doesn't look great for a program that fancies itself as one of the best in the country to have their HC leave for another P5. At least UM can say we've had HCs leave for the NFL but never another college program.

I don’t know? But atleast this is from a verified account. The smoke is getting thicker. I think it happens, lol.

If Lincoln Riley really leaves for LSU that would be crazy AF considering LSU doesn’t have a viable QB option, aside from the potential of 4-star TF Garrett Nussemeir & 2022 5-star Walker Howard.

Ain’t no way he can look at Max Johnson & think he can turn him into a championship QB lol

I guess he’ll probably hit the Portal if he does go to LSU...

But man if that Oklahoma job comes open, that’s legitimately a top 5 program in the Nation & they can afford to pay big money for a good coach, that would be a perfect spot for Lane Kiffin too smh lol.

Advertisement
I don’t know? But atleast this is from a verified account. The smoke is getting thicker. I think it happens, lol.

Good. That means no Stoops or Napier.

Napier goes to UF

UM goes to Manny or Mark Stoops.

It’s working out in our favor.

If Lincoln Riley really leaves for LSU that would be crazy AF considering LSU doesn’t have a viable QB option, aside from the potential of 4-star TF Garrett Nussemeir & 2022 5-star Walker Howard.

Ain’t no way he can look at Max Johnson & think he can turn him into a championship QB lol

But man if that Oklahoma job comes open, that’s legitimately a top 5 program in the Nation & they can afford to pay big money for a good coach, that would be a perfect spot for Lane Kiffin too smh lol.
Or he really believes in Howard.

Absolutely NUTS, but LSU is desperate. I love it, they are putting their nuts on the table and putting their money where their fckn mouth is.

Ewers would (should) be his first call, lol. Get him there and they’re cooking with oil. Oklahoma could go get **** near anyone they want, I think they can do better than Kiffin. If Kiffin hates Oxford, wait until he sees Norman fckn Oklahoma, lol. Wouldn’t get any easier for him there either with them going to the SEC.

This. I imagine they'll go right for Lane. And they can probably offer more money and a much more attractive roster. Hope Riley stays.

Advertisement
Back