Lincoln Riley to LSU (Rumored)

Advertisement
If you think Riley is the best coach that you can possibly pull, then you don't value him by what other coaches get paid. You value him by what the ROI is when he wins for you, because you think he gives you a significantly better chance to win than your #2 choice. It's been illustrated to no end what Saban is worth annually to Alabama, and it's a great multiple of what they pay him. The whole university benefits in so many ways it would take a team of forensic accountants to quantify it.

If you are sure Riley is the man, and you are liquid, go get him. He is a scarce resource, and he is worth what the highest bidder is willing to pay him, or what it takes to pry him away from OU. Taking a coach away from a program like OU is a BFD.

Last edited:
What would Saban cost if he went on the open market?
soulja boy nom GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
why the **** would he leave oklahoma for lsu?

I don't get it. I think Oklahoma is equal to LSU or better, it's easier, and he's dominated there.

he'll also be SEC in a few years anyways

You can win a championship at LSU. You're capped at a playoff team at Oklahoma, as he found out the hard way.

If Riley is the real deal, he's winning a title for LSU and soon.

Advertisement
You can win a championship at LSU. You're capped at a playoff team at Oklahoma, as he found out the hard way.

If Riley is the real deal, he's winning a title for LSU and soon.
I disagree with that.

Oklahoma could have won it in 2018 but lost a thriller to UGA

the floor at oklahoma is 10 wins especially with what he's built already.

LSU is a rebuild and the ceiling is 10 wins at least for the next two years imo

Advertisement
Although it's rumored that the admin doesn't want Lane, I wonder if Riley going to LSU hurts our chances with Kiffin. Would he be interested or even considered for the OU job?

Alabama's board of trustees approved a contract extension for football coach Nick Saban that will keep him in Tuscaloosa through the 2028 season.

Saban will make $8.7 million this year, with his salary set to increase by $400,000 annually. He will be paid an average of $10.6 million over the lifetime of the contract, with the final year coming in at $11.5 million.

Reportedly, Saban earns another $7-8 million annually from speeches, media and personal appearances, and commercials.

why the **** would he leave oklahoma for lsu?

I don't get it. I think Oklahoma is equal to LSU or better, it's easier, and he's dominated there.

he'll also be SEC in a few years anyways
When you say easier, what do you mean. It certainly isn't easier to win a championship,

Titles since Miami's last:
LSU: 3 with 3 different coaches
Oklahoma: 0

Advertisement
Back