Lincoln Riley to LSU (Rumored)

I disagree with that.

Oklahoma could have won it in 2018 but lost a thriller to UGA

the floor at oklahoma is 10 wins especially with what he's built already.

LSU is a rebuild and the ceiling is 10 wins at least for the next two years imo
They could have won it, but lost...it means they lost.

Their ceiling is college football playoff...like Notre Dame.

LSU at 10-2 has them basically in a winner take all scenario with Alabama for the division every year...right where they'd like to be after the last two seasons...but you're paying Riley to eventually get over that hump like their past three coaches were able to, relatively quickly.

Advertisement
May be small number of followers but that $12m figure has been tossed around since mid to late oct when the Riley rumors started.

Who is god's free Earth wants to spend their life in Norman, Oklahoma? For a bunch of key career-building years where you work under Stoops and then become the HBC, sure.

But at some point, when you're at the top fo your industry, you take $100M and GTFO. Oklahoma City vs. f'ing New Orleans. Louisiana is on the gulf, Baton Rouge is a vibrant college town that isn't surrounded by dirt, and LSU has unlimited budgets. This would not be a tough call for me.

When you say easier, what do you mean. It certainly isn't easier to win a championship,

Titles since Miami's last:
LSU: 3 with 3 different coaches
Oklahoma: 0
Yeah I mean that's facts. But doesn't mean he's not in a better spot to reproduce it at oklahoma. I mean he is 55-9 at oklahoma, a national championship is bound to happen soon at this rate but oh well, he can go to LSU and risk dominance to *maybe* get over the alabama hump

Advertisement
Who is god's free Earth wants to spend their life in Norman, Oklahoma? For a bunch of key career-building years where you work under Stoops and then become the HBC, sure.

But at some point, when you're at the top fo your industry, you take $100M and GTFO. Oklahoma City vs. f'ing New Orleans. Louisiana is on the gulf, Baton Rouge is a vibrant college town that isn't surrounded by dirt, and LSU has unlimited budgets. This would not be a tough call for me.

I gotta admit, I would just move for the food.

On the flip side, Louisiana along with Mississippi are two of the most miserable states in the summer. Florida, you at least get a breeze off the Atlantic side, but not in those two places. Feels like you're swimming in the summer there.

Advertisement
I gotta admit, I would just move for the food.

On the flip side, Louisiana along with Mississippi are two of the most miserable states in the summer. Florida, you at least get a breeze off the Atlantic side, but not in those two places. Feels like you're swimming in the summer there.

No doubt. But OK is a nightmare in summer too. Might even be worse. In the summer you get a south wind that blows that same hellish heat up from Texas. Brings hella heat and humidity. And you're landlocked for hundreds of miles on all sides. In June, July and Aug the AVERAGE high is 92-93. 85 in Sept (I looked it up!).

Then in the winter the wind shifts and they get the northern cold blown up their ***.

But overall, OK is just a rancid ****hole with almost no redeeming qualities:

No doubt. But OK is a nightmare in summer too. Might even be worse. In the summer you get a south wind that blows that same hellish heat up from Texas. Brings hella heat and humidity. And you're landlocked for hundreds of miles on all sides. In June, July and Aug the AVERAGE high is 92-93. 85 in Sept (I looked it up!).

Then in the winter the wind shifts and they get the northern cold blown up their ***.

But overall, OK is just a rancid ****hole with almost no redeeming qualities:

I like the change of seasons, love snow. I haven't been on Oklahoma in August, but LA and MS, never again.

Advertisement
For the 847th time the Diaz buyout supposedly drops significantly after the Duke game so why would the school fire him now when the team is still playing hard AND it saves them millions waiting for one more week?
If I have told you once I have told you a million times, stop interjecting facts into a CIS conversation. Facts have no place here and they are not welcome. We believe in unbridled emotion whether warranted and reasonable or not.
As a mod I guess this is a warning. NO FACTS. NO REASONABLE POSITIONS OR ARGUMENTS

Advertisement
I like the change of seasons, love snow. I haven't been on Oklahoma in August, but LA and MS, never again.

If you love snow OK would probably be last on the list of places to enjoy it. Go to CO, CA, UT, etc. As for summer if you will never go to LA or MS in the summer again, you can throw OK into that basket. Horrific.

The coaching carousel👇

3osxYfAcLHZN0ApPJm.gif

Paying Riley 3 million more than Nick Saban? I don't know about that...

$3M? Huh? He already averages $10.6M on his current deal which peaks at $11.5M. Saban will get his deal reworked within a month. He might even already have an escalator that adjusts his deal based on other top coaches comp. It's not uncommon. He actually made $11.6M in 2017 due to incentives.

EDIT: Yeah he has an escalator: "The contract also states that Saban will be paid at least as much as the average total pay of the top three SEC coaches or top five NCAA coaches, whichever is higher."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back