Let's face some facts

I've got no problem with Miami going after guys hard, just don't make it public.

If we have to 'settle' for Butch after going after Patterson et al it's going to make us look a little foolish. We need to sell the new HC as THE guy.

Advertisement
Butch Davis makes the most sense, but really, the bigger issue is who his coordinators are. One of them will most likely be tagged as his successor. They need a high-powered offense and an aggressive DC. Keep Beard and Scott for now. He'll need to get a new strength coach for sure. Maybe get Kevin Patrick back to Miami.

The guys that think we can get Patterson are delusional. You ask him, but there is almost 0% probability he would leave TCU.

Coaches like Patterson or Kelly are NEVER coming here. UF or FSU, yes, but mot Miami. They think of us as a crummy, two-bit mid-major because the people in charge run this school like a lousy mid-major.

"A mature, successful businessman".......LMAO you love him bro. How does he look naked?

See, you're letting your own personal homosexual tendencies to clutter your thinking.

The members of the BOT are collectively, mature, successful business people.

Totally alien concepts to the likes of your arc of life.

Dan Snyder is a successful businessman who is extremely hands on with his football team, and I have nearly as many playoff wins as his team does under his tenure.

Just because DiMare is a big name in produce doesn't mean we have to hire a tomato can at his suggestion.

I'm all for Butch if he's the selection, but if the finalists are him, Shula, Mario, Chud, Schiano - that is a crappy effort on the administration's part.

Last edited:
Fact, the majority of people that are screaming BBB, are the same people that tore him down while he was a coach here and it continued even up until recent years.

Now all of a sudden Butch is a god. His myth has grown to even being the reason Jimmy and Dennis won titles. When not too long ago he was one of the worst game day coaches to even grace this program according to many of the same posters calling for him now.

I am not against him being named HC, but i know who he is and would rather go for others.

Stop with the hyperbole. This is pure nonsense. Anyone with a brain and an ounce of objectivity must view what Butch accomplished at UM as nothing short of miracle. I was there. I witnessed the entire reclamation project. I was at every home game. I watched every second of the Butch era. I was sitting in a box at FSU in 1998 when the head of the boosters stated that Miami football was dead forever and that not even God himself could save the program.

Miami got robbed his last year. We would've pummeled OK in the Orange Bowl. Good chance Butch wins three in a row if he stayed. Then he took the f*cking Browns to the playoffs. The Browns. What did Saban do in the pros? Then he turned North Carolina into an NFL factory within 4 years. And the reality is that but for the NCAA but f*cking Carolina, UNC would've been a national championship contender. ****, they almost beat LSU with half their roster suspended. (At Michigan State, Saban finished 6–5–1, 6–6, and 7–5 in his first three years.)

I'm all for healthy debate. And I recognize that there are legitimate arguments in favor of looking at other guys. But let's not be ridiculous here. Butch Davis is an elite college football coach.

Advertisement
Fact is that Dimare is UM's actual AD. That yellow toothed socked puppet secretary of his, Kermit The AD, is merely a stooge in place to take the heat for the bad decisions that Dimare makes as AD. Fake is as much the AD as you are, friends.

Let's figure it out. Let me help in the process if I may. Here's the proof:

1. Dimare's son will be the next head baseball coach. For those who don't follow baseball closely, UM is a top 3 job in college baseball.

Last time the job was open, UM went to Georgia Tech, which was a College World Series team with guys like Kevin Brown, Garciaparra and Veritek playing there, and UM took their HC. What do we do this time? Hire the AD's son.

2. Fake spent the last several months telling the world that Folden would be the HC through the end of this season and that no change would be made. A few hours later, Dimare fires Folden.

3. Barry Jackson's latest article lists Dimare and Miller as the guys running the search for the next HC. Dontravious Money has already told us that Miller isn't a football fan. Who does that leave as the guy making the decision? Yep. Your AD Mr. Dimare.

I'm not here to say that Dimare is any less qualified to be the AD and pick a HC than Kermit The AD. In fact, he's probably far more qualified as a successful businessman to evaluate a potential employee than a guy whose claim to fame was selling tickets.

My only hope is that Dimare is an astute college football fan and not just some old stubborn dude stuck in the 80s or 90s.

Run a real search, AD Dimare. Call some monsters and pitch them on UM. Call a guy like Gary Patterson and see if losing his Heisman caliber QB and all-world WR at the end of this season might have him thinking about a change of scenery. What better time to jump than after losing your entire offense?

AD Dimare, please don't just sit back and go down the usual desultory list of fired failures with some connection to UM or the area. Shoot for the stars and remember you have a pretty good option there if you fail to bag a big buck.

Butch is the prime, home run candidate...not some backbencher that you can put in the lineup if you fail to "bag the big buck (gary patterson)" SMDH....

I think it's because given the chance at Chip Kelly, Mike Gundy, Dan Mullen, or Gary Patterson he would rather one of those guys.

Which is a rational position, as opposed to a fear based one.

It's not rational to think that we have a shot to land one of those guys.

Because the Miami job isn't seen as an upgrade from where those guys currently work.

How is Miami not an upgrade from Miss State?

I get that we were unwilling to pay the last time. And it's likely they knew the NCAA was coming, too. So, they that was probably a consideration ...

But those hurdles are no longer in the picture.

Pay Mullen and his staff, sell him on winning the Coastal vs. playing for 3rd place in the SEC West, and hire an established coach who won 2 national titles while he was with Florida.

Chip Kelly, Mike Gundy, and Gary Patterson might be hard to sway ... But a serious pitch to Mullen is a rational proposition, IMO.

Fact, the majority of people that are screaming BBB, are the same people that tore him down while he was a coach here and it continued even up until recent years.

Now all of a sudden Butch is a god. His myth has grown to even being the reason Jimmy and Dennis won titles. When not too long ago he was one of the worst game day coaches to even grace this program according to many of the same posters calling for him now.

I am not against him being named HC, but i know who he is and would rather go for others.

Stop with the hyperbole. This is pure nonsense. Anyone with a brain and an ounce of objectivity must view what Butch accomplished at UM as nothing short of miracle. I was there. I witnessed the entire reclamation project. I was at every home game. I watched every second of the Butch era. I was sitting in a box at FSU in 1998 when the head of the boosters stated that Miami football was dead forever and that not even God himself could save the program.

Miami got robbed his last year. We would've pummeled OK in the Orange Bowl. Good chance Butch wins three in a row if he stayed. Then he took the f*cking Browns to the playoffs. The Browns. What did Saban do in the pros? Then he turned North Carolina into an NFL factory within 4 years. And the reality is that but for the NCAA but f*cking Carolina, UNC would've been a national championship contender. ****, they almost beat LSU with half their roster suspended. (At Michigan State, Saban finished 6–5–1, 6–6, and 7–5 in his first three years.)

I'm all for healthy debate. And I recognize that there are legitimate arguments in favor of looking at other guys. But let's not be ridiculous here. Butch Davis is an elite college football coach.

Interesting that you're asking for a stop to hyperbole ...

Butch WAS an elite football coach.. Just like Mack Brown was an elite football coach.

But consecutive 8-5 seasons, while finishing no better than 3rd place in the Coastal removes you from elite status.

And can people stop using the "But almost beat LSU with a depleted roster" argument? Arkansas lost by 1 point to Alabama last year. Does that mean they were close to being on the same level as Alabama?

That LSU game was more about LSU playing poorly down the stretch, than UNC playing well.

We won a football game tonight in very sloppy fashion," Miles said. "If we just play efficient football, this game is not even close. We've got to tie up some loose ends right now."

"We were hitting on all cylinders in the first half," Jefferson said. "In the second, we made a lot of mistakes and had a lot of penalties."

Advertisement
I think it's because given the chance at Chip Kelly, Mike Gundy, Dan Mullen, or Gary Patterson he would rather one of those guys.

Because the Miami job isn't seen as an upgrade from where those guys currently work.

I get that we were unwilling to pay the last time. And it's likely they knew the NCAA was coming, too. So, they that was probably a consideration ...

Pay Mullen and his staff, sell him on winning the Coastal vs. playing for 3rd place in the SEC West, and hire an established coach who won 2 national titles while he was with Florida.

Chip Kelly, Mike Gundy, and Gary Patterson might be hard to sway ... But a serious pitch to Mullen is a rational proposition, IMO.

Sorry, I glossed over Dan Mullen because I have no interest in bringing him here.

Sorry, I glossed over Dan Mullen because I have no interest in bringing him here.

No interest in a guy who's won 62% of his games as a 1st time HC at Mississippi State, in the toughest division in college football ... But you're willing to see if a guy who couldn't finish better than 3rd in the Coastal and hasn't coached in 5 years can reclaim some magic he had 20 years ago?

That seems like a rational position to you?

Butch WAS an elite football coach.. Just like Mack Brown was an elite football coach.

But consecutive 8-5 seasons, while finishing no better than 3rd place in the Coastal removes you from elite status.

And can people stop using the "But almost beat LSU with a depleted roster" argument? Arkansas lost by 1 point to Alabama last year. Does that mean they were close to being on the same level as Alabama?

That LSU game was more about LSU playing poorly down the stretch, than UNC playing well.

We won a football game tonight in very sloppy fashion," Miles said. "If we just play efficient football, this game is not even close. We've got to tie up some loose ends right now."

"We were hitting on all cylinders in the first half," Jefferson said. "In the second, we made a lot of mistakes and had a lot of penalties."

Saban's 4th year at MSU -- he went 6-6. Saban's 5th year at LSU -- he went 9-3 and then ran away to the Dolphins, where he failed miserably. Saban never had an undefeated season before he got to Bama.

His critics want to point out that Butch never won a national championship. It took Saban 20 years and three schools to go undefeated. He won his first national championship after losing in the regular season to a Florida team that was nowhere near as talented as the Washington team Butch lost to on the road. If Butch was given a mulligan like Saban was after losing to Florida, Butch would've had a national championship at Miami.

The only thing that separates the two is that Saban was handed unlimited resources at a school that placed no restrictions on him and he decided to stay. If Butch would've done the same at a school with a fraction of Bama's resources, he would've went on a run better than Saban's at Bama. Nick Saban is one of the greatest college football coaches of all time, which makes what Butch accomplished that much more impressive when you compare their tracks.

No interest in a guy who's won 62% of his games as a 1st time HC at Mississippi State, in the toughest division in college football ... But you're willing to see if a guy who couldn't finish better than 3rd in the Coastal and hasn't coached in 5 years can reclaim some magic he had 20 years ago?

62% of his games? Kindly list the OOC opponents if you don't mind, because he is under .500 in the SEC. His entire resume is built on plowing through Southern Miss and Northwestern State every year.

Advertisement
"A mature, successful businessman".......LMAO you love him bro. How does he look naked?

See, you're letting your own personal homosexual tendencies to clutter your thinking.

Dan Snyder is a successful businessman who is extremely hands on with his football team, and I have nearly as many playoff wins as his team does under his tenure.

Just because DiMare is a big name in produce doesn't mean we have to hire a tomato can at his suggestion.

I'm all for Butch if he's the selection, but if the finalists are him, Shula, Mario, Chud, Schiano - that is a crappy effort on the administration's part.

agreed entirely. if the process for selecting the next HBC is broken, then the result is likely to be broken. i like DiMare (taken from people that i know that are close to him), but our AD is not competent. my biggest concern is about the process.

How would Mullen help Miami?

In seven (7) years as the head coach at Mississippi State, Dan Mullen has played two (2) games against Power 5 teams and 26 games against non-P5 teams in the regular season. Naturally, he is 0-2 in those two games against the P5.

He did manage to beat Wake Forest and Michigan in bowl games, and those are the only two P5 OOC wins in his entire career.

Advertisement

agreed entirely. if the process for selecting the next HBC is broken, then the result is likely to be broken. i like DiMare (taken from people that i know that are close to him), but our AD is not competent. my biggest concern is about the process.

How do all these "intelligent" BOT members hire so many losers in the football program? It's uncanny!

Against SEC teams that were ranked at the time of the game, Dan Mullen is 5-23 in his career.

So, to sum it up, Mullen is 7-27 against teams with a pulse and 46-6 against unranked SEC teams and non-P5 teams. Yeah, give him a call.

This was easier than shredding Mike Leach's resume.

If Butch brings Mario as HCIW and Mario actually ends up succeeding him, this program is back to where we are now.

I hope some of the posters above me grasp that.

Muschamp was hciw at texas.

Because that's what Texas needed to do to lure a great DC to the job. It paid off well for them, as Muscrap did a great job with that defense. Why would a brand new HC hire a HCIW before he even coaches a game? It's ****** stuff.

Saban's 4th year at MSU -- he went 6-6. Saban's 5th year at LSU -- he went 9-3 and then ran away to the Dolphins, where he failed miserably. Saban never had an undefeated season before he got to Bama.

His critics want to point out that Butch never won a national championship. It took Saban 20 years and three schools to go undefeated. He won his first national championship after losing in the regular season to a Florida team that was nowhere near as talented as the Washington team Butch lost to on the road. If Butch was given a mulligan like Saban was after losing to Florida, Butch would've had a national championship at Miami.

The only thing that separates the two is that Saban was handed unlimited resources at a school that placed no restrictions on him and he decided to stay. If Butch would've done the same at a school with a fraction of Bama's resources, he would've went on a run better than Saban's at Bama. Nick Saban is one of the greatest college football coaches of all time, which makes what Butch accomplished that much more impressive when you compare their tracks.

LOL

No. Just, no.

LOL

If Butch were great, and on par with Nick Saban, Texas would have hired him last year. Or, Florida would have hired him. Arkansas would have hired him, instead of Bielema,

No one, outside of overly nostalgic Miami Hurricanes' fans, believes Butch is an elite coach, TODAY. If they did, he would be employed.

And if the SEC is so crooked ... Why wouldn't Florida and Arkansas look past Butch's issues and hire him??

These arguments support the current coach Butch is don't make any sense.

What he did 20 years ago? Amazing! Will never be duplicated!

What he did 6 years ago? Very average, and is the more likely predictor of what he would do for us if we hire him ...

Advertisement
Back