Let's face some facts

Funny thing I wanted to mention on the OP. For anyone who doesn't know. Jimmy wanted Gary Patterson last coaching search.

Gary Patterson would be a **** **** of a home run hire.

Advertisement
No interest in a guy who's won 62% of his games as a 1st time HC at Mississippi State, in the toughest division in college football ... But you're willing to see if a guy who couldn't finish better than 3rd in the Coastal and hasn't coached in 5 years can reclaim some magic he had 20 years ago?

That seems like a rational position to you?

62% of his games? Kindly list the OOC opponents if you don't mind, because he is under .500 in the SEC. His entire resume is built on plowing through Southern Miss and Northwestern State every year.

LOL

Name me the games Miami will play on an annual basis that are comparable to Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, and Ole Miss. Throw in Arkansas, and every division game Miss St. plays is, at best, a 50% game.

Who cares who their OOC opponents are?!? That's anti-SEC garbage talk.

The entire Coastal is a joke! VT, GT, UVA, Duke, UNC ... This division is made for us to dominate, and we can't. Mullen would have 3 or 4 Coastal titles with his Miss St. teams, IMO.

We should go for Patterson, but it is very unlikely he shows any real interest. His contract includes some oil and gas royalties in addition to his base salary. He is making a lot more than $4 million per year all in.

Once you're making several million per year a few extra dollars might not be the motivating factor for everyone. Patterson doesn't come off as a P Diddy flashy yachts and vacation homes all over the world type of guy. He looks like a guy who can sneak by on $4M or so per year.

Patterson might be a guy looking to change it up and see what he can do with access to 200X the material he has access to at TCU. Just taking the loser "oh he'd never come" approach isn't how you build champions. Worst thing that happens is you pitch him like a timeshare salesman, and he says no.

On top of all that, you just paid the worst HC in football $4M per year after that chunk you gave him to walk away. So if it takes $5M/year to lure a guy who will fill the stadium and restore your brand and more than pay for himself you do it. The $7M Bama is paying Saban is the biggest bargain in the history of business.

How many championships has butch won

As a head coach, how many has any of the speculated prospects won?

butch put a generation of DOMINANT players into the NFL. He was beginning to do the same at UNC which is a
tough place to get kids to come and play football. He also put a generation of successful coaches out there.
if I'm a parent or a coach,. i tell my kid "u wanna play in the nfl, play for that guy"

Advertisement
No interest in a guy who's won 62% of his games as a 1st time HC at Mississippi State, in the toughest division in college football ... But you're willing to see if a guy who couldn't finish better than 3rd in the Coastal and hasn't coached in 5 years can reclaim some magic he had 20 years ago?

In seven (7) years as the head coach at Mississippi State, Dan Mullen has played two (2) games against Power 5 teams and 26 games against non-P5 teams in the regular season. Naturally, he is 0-2 in those two games against the P5.

He did manage to beat Wake Forest and Michigan in bowl games, and those are the only two P5 OOC wins in his entire career.

LOL.

Because he's at Mississippi State!

He's at an inherent disadvantage in talent as his current school, that would be corrected at Miami.

If Butch brings Mario as HCIW and Mario actually ends up succeeding him, this program is back to where we are now.

I hope some of the posters above me grasp that.

This is just a ploy by Butch to get hired, nothing more... He wants the job so bad, he say whatever it takes...

If, in fact, that was Butch's idea it should weigh AGAINST him being hired, not for him.

Gary Patterson would be a **** **** of a home run hire.

Could you imagine his 4-2-5 with all these SoFla athletes! Woo!

1BTMaV4.gif

CanesForever started this thread because he is scared to death that Butch Davis is going to be hired.

Why do you think CanesForever/Franchise is opposed to UM hiring Butch?

Because I **** down his neck and picked him apart in a couple other threads, so now he's my latest stalker. He's chasing me around making stuff up like a jilted ex.

Advertisement

Against SEC teams that were ranked at the time of the game, Dan Mullen is 5-23 in his career.

So, to sum it up, Mullen is 7-27 against teams with a pulse and 46-6 against unranked SEC teams and non-P5 teams. Yeah, give him a call.

This was easier than shredding Mike Leach's resume.

Shredding resumes, huh? LOL

Now, do the exact same evaluation of Butch's tenure at UNC.

Let us know how he fared against winning teams, and ranked teams ...

Keep in mind, I already know he was unable to EVER beat NC State and Tom O'Brien, even though they were hired at the same time ... And none of those NC State teams were very good ...

Relax all. Mr. Tomato clearly is not stuck in the 80's or 90's. He gets loose like it's 1976! Pick up your landline, Chise. AD Paulie D would like to assure you that a full and thorough search will be conducted.

Screenshot_2015-11-13-14-22-19-1.jpg

I think it's because given the chance at Chip Kelly, Mike Gundy, Dan Mullen, or Gary Patterson he would rather one of those guys.

Which is a rational position, as opposed to a fear based one.

It's not rational to think that we have a shot to land one of those guys.

It's not rational for a Low T, low-expectations loser to think UM has a shot at luring a marquee HC. It is, however, completely rational for bigger thinkers.

We cant get in a bidding war with larger schools that have the best head coaches. We will not have enough money top attract top assistants. So you can call Patterson but will you wreck the program paying him 5 million?When push comes to shove you either take a guy on a gamble like Herman or Cristobal or you take Butch .I take Davis ,let him build talent and he can yield the ropes in 4 years to a younger guy.

Stop the madness. Miami is a Power-5 school, with tremendous boosters, a gigantic brand, and just landed an absurdly lucrative Adidas deal.

I have never seen such self-doubt and lack of cojones from a fan base that is supposed to have "swagger".
We have the gheyest Low T fanbase in sports. Never seen such hardcore sissy stuff. Vandy fans have more backbone.

Advertisement

Against SEC teams that were ranked at the time of the game, Dan Mullen is 5-23 in his career.

So, to sum it up, Mullen is 7-27 against teams with a pulse and 46-6 against unranked SEC teams and non-P5 teams. Yeah, give him a call.

Keep in mind, I already know he was unable to EVER beat NC State and Tom O'Brien, even though they were hired at the same time ... And none of those NC State teams were very good ...

He essentially had three years at UNC. Wtf are you talking about? UNC was absolutely abysmal when he took over. And Butch is not the quick fix type who sacrifices long term development for short term results. He completely dissembled that team. He took UNC to two straight bowls playing nothing but underclassman. He beat Notre Dame. He beat FSU in Doak. UNC beat Virginia on the road for the first time in like 30 years. His UNC team was the first in 11 years to beat a ranked non conference opponent.

Last edited:
Fact is that Dimare is UM's actual AD. That yellow toothed socked puppet secretary of his, Kermit The AD, is merely a stooge in place to take the heat for the bad decisions that Dimare makes as AD. Fake is as much the AD as you are, friends.

Let's figure it out. Let me help in the process if I may. Here's the proof:

1. Dimare's son will be the next head baseball coach. For those who don't follow baseball closely, UM is a top 3 job in college baseball.

Last time the job was open, UM went to Georgia Tech, which was a College World Series team with guys like Kevin Brown, Garciaparra and Veritek playing there, and UM took their HC. What do we do this time? Hire the AD's son.

2. Fake spent the last several months telling the world that Folden would be the HC through the end of this season and that no change would be made. A few hours later, Dimare fires Folden.

3. Barry Jackson's latest article lists Dimare and Miller as the guys running the search for the next HC. Dontravious Money has already told us that Miller isn't a football fan. Who does that leave as the guy making the decision? Yep. Your AD Mr. Dimare.

I'm not here to say that Dimare is any less qualified to be the AD and pick a HC than Kermit The AD. In fact, he's probably far more qualified as a successful businessman to evaluate a potential employee than a guy whose claim to fame was selling tickets.

My only hope is that Dimare is an astute college football fan and not just some old stubborn dude stuck in the 80s or 90s.

Run a real search, AD Dimare. Call some monsters and pitch them on UM. Call a guy like Gary Patterson and see if losing his Heisman caliber QB and all-world WR at the end of this season might have him thinking about a change of scenery. What better time to jump than after losing your entire offense?

AD Dimare, please don't just sit back and go down the usual desultory list of fired failures with some connection to UM or the area. Shoot for the stars and remember you have a pretty good option there if you fail to bag a big buck.

This is embarrassing.

You might want to take a knee - unless you're going to pony up multi-millions in funds to match these trustees.

The one common thread I see, is that mature, successful businessmen, ALSO want a proven product with a track record, determined under extremely adverse conditions.

On the other side is a group of young, not-so-successful snot rags chasing after rainbows.

"He's unbeaten!"

"Wow! How many games?"

"Six!"

"GTFOH!"

Arch, unlike you, I'm not obsessed with any coach in particular. You always turn this back to Herman, but it's not about him or your cult leader, Butch Koresh. I'm not in cult mode like you unless wanting the best guy for UM is a cult.

For me, this is about conducting a phenomenal search, selling UM to the top dogs and getting the best guy available. If that guy happens to be Butch or Herman or someone else I'll try to buy in (unless it's a complete abortion like Beanerdict).

Point #1 is a complete misunderstanding of Miami baseball. When Gino left for a few years, the program struggled. Gino absolutely deserves a shot when Jim retires.

Advertisement

He essentially had three years at UNC. Wtf are you talking about? UNC was absolutely abysmal when he took over. And Butch is not the quick fix type who sacrifices long term development for short term results. He completely dissembled that team. He took UNC to two straight bowls playing nothing but underclassman. He beat Notre Dame. He beat FSU in Doak. UNC beat Virginia on the road for the first time in like 30 years. His UNC team was the first in 11 years to beat an ranked non conference opponent.

The debate is about Dan Mullen ...

Mississippi State was abysmal ... Mullen had to build that team. And he'll be going to his 6 straight bowl game, in his 7 seasons as a 1st time HC.

And the guy is coaching, TODAY, not sitting on the sidelines.

WTF are you talking about, citing a Notre Dame win? There is a reason they hired Brian Kelly ... And it's because Charlie Weis was a terrible HC, who they fired!

We should go for Patterson, but it is very unlikely he shows any real interest. His contract includes some oil and gas royalties in addition to his base salary. He is making a lot more than $4 million per year all in.

Once you're making several million per year a few extra dollars might not be the motivating factor for everyone. Patterson doesn't come off as a P Diddy flashy yachts and vacation homes all over the world type of guy. He looks like a guy who can sneak by on $4M or so per year.

Patterson might be a guy looking to change it up and see what he can do with access to 200X the material he has access to at TCU. Just taking the loser "oh he'd never come" approach isn't how you build champions. Worst thing that happens is you pitch him like a timeshare salesman, and he says no.

On top of all that, you just paid the worst HC in football $4M per year after that chunk you gave him to walk away. So if it takes $5M/year to lure a guy who will fill the stadium and restore your brand and more than pay for himself you do it. The $7M Bama is paying Saban is the biggest bargain in the history of business.

Not sure how many flashy yachts are in Fort Worth where the median income for a household is $37,074.

If there was a chance to get patterson it would be after this season but USC would probably be all over that. Still make the call anyways.

Advertisement
Back