Let's face some facts

I'd like to know who each candidate (including Butch) plans to bring with them as coordinators and position coaches, etc., before making a decision. Anyone who wants to bring Mario back here can go away.

Advertisement
LMFAO so now nobody wants to come to Miami bc the stadium is far away? LMFAO you can't make this up.

You don't think the game day environment has something to do with the attractiveness of a job?

If you weren't of such limited intellect you'd realize that the game day environment is directly correlated to the HC's ability to win football games. Win games, field an exciting product, and the game day environment will magically transform.

Why do people presume we are not reaching out to national candidates and top level guys? Is it strictly a presumption based on the perception of Blake James? My old man was told last time around they reached out to several big name guys and were told to **** off -- and that was under the shafaila's watch. They paid $7mm to get rid of a guy who by all accounts was respected among the admin and Board. The admin is facing unparalleled criticism and pressure. The last thing a new Presudent wants is to ruin his legacy before he even digs his feet in by going cheap or stupid on the football hire.

I have no reason to believe this won't be a comprehensive search. But it doesn't take much time to distill down the qualified and interested pool.

I agree with Franchise's logic and approach. I disagree with him on who should be at the top -- I would put Butch ahead of everyone except Patterson or Kelly. And that's not because I have some fantastical obsession with Butch da gawd. It's because of his track record in the areas that are most important to this program right now.

LMFAO so now nobody wants to come to Miami bc the stadium is far away? LMFAO you can't make this up.

You don't think the game day environment has something to do with the attractiveness of a job?

If you weren't of such limited intellect you'd realize that the game day environment is directly correlated to the HC's ability to win football games. Win games, field an exciting product, and the game day environment will magically transform.

Right, because we have always filled the place when we were winning national titles.

November 17, 2001 3:30 PM #14 Syracuse #2 Miami Orange Bowl • Miami, FL ABC W 59–0 52,896

#2 in the country, undefeated, ranked opponent, perfect November afternoon, coming off the miracle at Boston College.....and we had 20,000 empty seats. I love how winning "magically transformed" the environment.

Best team of all time......20,000 empty seats. That's the game day atmosphere that the country knows us for.

Advertisement
No interest in a guy who's won 62% of his games as a 1st time HC at Mississippi State, in the toughest division in college football ... But you're willing to see if a guy who couldn't finish better than 3rd in the Coastal and hasn't coached in 5 years can reclaim some magic he had 20 years ago?

That seems like a rational position to you?

In seven (7) years as the head coach at Mississippi State, Dan Mullen has played two (2) games against Power 5 teams and 26 games against non-P5 teams in the regular season. Naturally, he is 0-2 in those two games against the P5.

He did manage to beat Wake Forest and Michigan in bowl games, and those are the only two P5 OOC wins in his entire career.

LOL.

Because he's at Mississippi State!

He's at an inherent disadvantage in talent as his current school, that would be corrected at Miami.

So our next coach doesn't have to win football games. He just has to have a tough schedule and play some real teams close every now and then.

No interest in a guy who's won 62% of his games as a 1st time HC at Mississippi State, in the toughest division in college football ... But you're willing to see if a guy who couldn't finish better than 3rd in the Coastal and hasn't coached in 5 years can reclaim some magic he had 20 years ago?

62% of his games? Kindly list the OOC opponents if you don't mind, because he is under .500 in the SEC. His entire resume is built on plowing through Southern Miss and Northwestern State every year.

He has played 2 power 5 teams in the non conference I believe. Something pathetic like that. Let Miss St. keep Mullin.

62% of his games? Kindly list the OOC opponents if you don't mind, because he is under .500 in the SEC. His entire resume is built on plowing through Southern Miss and Northwestern State every year.

He has played 2 power 5 teams in the non conference I believe. Something pathetic like that. Let Miss St. keep Mullin.

Yeah, I posted that a little later. People like this get excited when some mope beats UAB every year and occasionally gets a lead in the second quarter against LSU.

Yeah, I posted that a little later. People like this get excited when some mope beats UAB every year and occasionally gets a lead in the second quarter against LSU.

No.

The discussion is about rational options for the HC search.

Mullen is a rational option.

And I chuckle when you dismiss Mullen's OOC scheduling and 62% winning percentage, but it's ok for Butch to be a below .500 coach in the ACC because of some **** he did 20 ******* years ago!

No candidate is without flaw ...

I'm certainly not suggesting Mullen is. But I'm also not giving him grief for not scheduling heavy OOC at Miss State, when they play the teams they have to play in division every year.

Some guys ***** about Herman not having enough of a track record, and not playing anyone as a HC, so I'm giving an alternative with much more experience, and 2 national titles as an OC. Same guys gripe about Fuente being a Group of 5 coach, well here's a Power 5 option ...

Mullen has beaten LSU (Les Miles), Texas A&M (Kevin Sumlin), Auburn (Gus Malzhan), Kentucky (Mark Stoops), and Arkansas (Bret Bielema).

He also beat Vandy, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and UGA

And he's done it at Miss St.

Isn't that the definition of doing more, with less? Or, at least, maximizing what he has at that program?

IMO, we're not getting a guy who believes he can win his conference. Patterson, Briles, Gundy, and Dantonio all think they can win their conference. Stoops and Holgorsen haven't shown very well, and Charlie Strong looks like he is following that same path. Maybe Chip Kelly is interested if they miss the playoffs, but he's probably the only "pie in the sky" candidate I see as being a real option.

You want a coach with ties to recruiting Florida, has won championships at the highest level as an OC, built a Power 5 program, played in New Year's Day bowl games?

And done all of that within the past decade ... His name is Dan Mullen.

Advertisement
How many championships has butch won

As a head coach, how many has any of the speculated prospects won?

butch put a generation of DOMINANT players into the NFL. He was beginning to do the same at UNC which is a
tough place to get kids to come and play football. He also put a generation of successful coaches out there.
if I'm a parent or a coach,. i tell my kid "u wanna play in the nfl, play for that guy"

Agree 100%. To knock Butch on the lack of championships is rather weak.

WTF is it with some of the prosters here? This is about getting the best HC solution for our beloved U.

This isn't about your debating points, or how you're butt hurt that folks didn't fawn over your coach-du-jour, or the unfairness of it all.

Butch is our best solution, but I'll back any choice that's made. Of course, the TRAITOR would have a microscopically short leash.

WTF is it with some of the prosters here? This is about getting the best HC solution for our beloved U.

This isn't about your debating points, or how you're butt hurt that folks didn't fawn over your coach-du-jour, or the unfairness of it all.

Butch is our best solution, but I'll back any choice that's made. Of course, the TRAITOR would have a microscopically short leash.

Ok let's say we have 5 mil to spend. You are seriously telling me Butch is a better option than Dantonio, Chip, Gundy, or Patterson?

Franchise,

I believe this is Gino's oldest brother not father that is doing the AD searching. It is Paul Jr., correct me if I am wrong.

Fact is that Dimare is UM's actual AD. That yellow toothed socked puppet secretary of his, Kermit The AD, is merely a stooge in place to take the heat for the bad decisions that Dimare makes as AD. Fake is as much the AD as you are, friends.

Let's figure it out. Let me help in the process if I may. Here's the proof:

1. Dimare's son will be the next head baseball coach. For those who don't follow baseball closely, UM is a top 3 job in college baseball.

Last time the job was open, UM went to Georgia Tech, which was a College World Series team with guys like Kevin Brown, Garciaparra and Veritek playing there, and UM took their HC. What do we do this time? Hire the AD's son.

2. Fake spent the last several months telling the world that Folden would be the HC through the end of this season and that no change would be made. A few hours later, Dimare fires Folden.

3. Barry Jackson's latest article lists Dimare and Miller as the guys running the search for the next HC. Dontravious Money has already told us that Miller isn't a football fan. Who does that leave as the guy making the decision? Yep. Your AD Mr. Dimare.

I'm not here to say that Dimare is any less qualified to be the AD and pick a HC than Kermit The AD. In fact, he's probably far more qualified as a successful businessman to evaluate a potential employee than a guy whose claim to fame was selling tickets.

My only hope is that Dimare is an astute college football fan and not just some old stubborn dude stuck in the 80s or 90s.

Run a real search, AD Dimare. Call some monsters and pitch them on UM. Call a guy like Gary Patterson and see if losing his Heisman caliber QB and all-world WR at the end of this season might have him thinking about a change of scenery. What better time to jump than after losing your entire offense?

AD Dimare, please don't just sit back and go down the usual desultory list of fired failures with some connection to UM or the area. Shoot for the stars and remember you have a pretty good option there if you fail to bag a big buck.

Advertisement

Ok let's say we have 5 mil to spend. You are seriously telling me Butch is a better option than Dantonio, Chip, Gundy, or Patterson?

They're not going to hire any of those people. They're not even going to try.

I don't understand what makes you think given their recent history that they're going to make a competent informed decision.

I'm right there with you wanting a home run hire. Not going to happen.

Really?
That guy is a Nole.

Franchise,

I believe this is Gino's oldest brother not father that is doing the AD searching. It is Paul Jr., correct me if I am wrong.

Fact is that Dimare is UM's actual AD. That yellow toothed socked puppet secretary of his, Kermit The AD, is merely a stooge in place to take the heat for the bad decisions that Dimare makes as AD. Fake is as much the AD as you are, friends.

1. Dimare's son will be the next head baseball coach. For those who don't follow baseball closely, UM is a top 3 job in college baseball.

Last time the job was open, UM went to Georgia Tech, which was a College World Series team with guys like Kevin Brown, Garciaparra and Veritek playing there, and UM took their HC. What do we do this time? Hire the AD's son.

2. Fake spent the last several months telling the world that Folden would be the HC through the end of this season and that no change would be made. A few hours later, Dimare fires Folden.

3. Barry Jackson's latest article lists Dimare and Miller as the guys running the search for the next HC. Dontravious Money has already told us that Miller isn't a football fan. Who does that leave as the guy making the decision? Yep. Your AD Mr. Dimare.

I'm not here to say that Dimare is any less qualified to be the AD and pick a HC than Kermit The AD. In fact, he's probably far more qualified as a successful businessman to evaluate a potential employee than a guy whose claim to fame was selling tickets.

My only hope is that Dimare is an astute college football fan and not just some old stubborn dude stuck in the 80s or 90s.

Run a real search, AD Dimare. Call some monsters and pitch them on UM. Call a guy like Gary Patterson and see if losing his Heisman caliber QB and all-world WR at the end of this season might have him thinking about a change of scenery. What better time to jump than after losing your entire offense?

AD Dimare, please don't just sit back and go down the usual desultory list of fired failures with some connection to UM or the area. Shoot for the stars and remember you have a pretty good option there if you fail to bag a big buck.

I don't understand what makes you think given their recent history that they're going to make a competent informed decision.

Ok here we are with the little sisters of the poor argument again. I mean, if the entire fanbase wallows in self pity and says "well we can't expect a great coach" then they have no reason to give us one.

Did you see the joke coaches Bama hired before Saban? Ron Zook and Muschamp at UF? Have you followed Tennessee? Have you read about USC pre Carroll?

People have to stop this female attitude towards our program. Every single program has made bad hires; that doesn't mean they can't or won't make a good one. It's really tiring to hear people in our own **** fanbase saying "we can't get anyone elite!"

Advertisement
If there was a chance to get patterson it would be after this season but USC would probably be all over that. Still make the call anyways.

USC can't hire everyone. We can't take every great candidate and just assume that USC will hire them all.

If there was a chance to get patterson it would be after this season but USC would probably be all over that. Still make the call anyways.

USC can't hire everyone. We can't take every great candidate and just assume that USC will hire them all.

I swear most of these cats lack cojones. They completely lack pride. I've never seen such a female attitude towards a sports team.

"We'll never have a shot at an elite guy!" "Coaches will laugh at us!" "The only coaches you can get to come are Schiano and Chud!"
"Miami is a bad job!"

For fvcks sake these people sound more like Noles fans than red blooded american Canes fans. Have some **** PRIDE!

Franchise,

Pretty sure you're wrong, friend.

Ok here we are with the little sisters of the poor argument again. I mean, if the entire fanbase wallows in self pity and says "well we can't expect a great coach" then they have no reason to give us one.

Did you see the joke coaches Bama hired before Saban? Ron Zook and Muschamp at UF? Have you followed Tennessee? Have you read about USC pre Carroll?

People have to stop this female attitude towards our program. Every single program has made bad hires; that doesn't mean they can't or won't make a good one. It's really tiring to hear people in our own **** fanbase saying "we can't get anyone elite!"

We can attract and afford any coach in the country.

The idiots with money want Butch, Chud or Cristobal.

You sound like a 6 year old crying for a lollipop.

Advertisement
Back