Let's face some facts

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
Fact is that Dimare is UM's actual AD. That yellow toothed socked puppet secretary of his, Kermit The AD, is merely a stooge in place to take the heat for the bad decisions that Dimare makes as AD. Fake is as much the AD as you are, friends.

Let's figure it out. Let me help in the process if I may. Here's the proof:

1. Dimare's son will be the next head baseball coach. For those who don't follow baseball closely, UM is a top 3 job in college baseball.

Last time the job was open, UM went to Georgia Tech, which was a College World Series team with guys like Kevin Brown, Garciaparra and Veritek playing there, and UM took their HC. What do we do this time? Hire the AD's son.

2. Fake spent the last several months telling the world that Folden would be the HC through the end of this season and that no change would be made. A few hours later, Dimare fires Folden.

3. Barry Jackson's latest article lists Dimare and Miller as the guys running the search for the next HC. Dontravious Money has already told us that Miller isn't a football fan. Who does that leave as the guy making the decision? Yep. Your AD Mr. Dimare.

I'm not here to say that Dimare is any less qualified to be the AD and pick a HC than Kermit The AD. In fact, he's probably far more qualified as a successful businessman to evaluate a potential employee than a guy whose claim to fame was selling tickets.

My only hope is that Dimare is an astute college football fan and not just some old stubborn dude stuck in the 80s or 90s.

Run a real search, AD Dimare. Call some monsters and pitch them on UM. Call a guy like Gary Patterson and see if losing his Heisman caliber QB and all-world WR at the end of this season might have him thinking about a change of scenery. What better time to jump than after losing your entire offense?

AD Dimare, please don't just sit back and go down the usual desultory list of fired failures with some connection to UM or the area. Shoot for the stars and remember you have a pretty good option there if you fail to bag a big buck.

Advertisement
"Run a real search, AD Dimare. Call some monsters and pitch them on UM. Call a guy like Gary Patterson and see if losing his Heisman caliber QB and all-world WR at the end of this season might have him thinking about a change of scenery. What better time to jump than after losing your entire offense?"

THIS!!!!!!!!! If Butch is the coach at the end of the day I'm more than good with it. But if it comes out that he was just given the job and they never even checked on Herman or like you say Patterson, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Advertisement
If Butch brings Mario as HCIW and Mario actually ends up succeeding him, this program is back to where we are now.

I hope some of the posters above me grasp that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good stuff Chise. I'm sure the *** Butch brigade will be in here shortly. I think I can safely say that anyone that mentions other coaches than Butch is because they just want the school to do their due diligence. We want a real search and we want a commitment to bring in the best coach. If at the end of the day that's Butch I'm all in but just reach out to the Parttersons, the Rich Rods the Hermans of the world. If they say no go and get Butch.

Good stuff Chise. I'm sure the *** Butch brigade will be in here shortly. I think I can safely say that anyone that mentions other coaches than Butch is because they just want the school to do their due diligence. We want a real search and we want a commitment to bring in the best coach. If at the end of the day that's Butch I'm all in.

Pretty much.

Fact is that Dimare is UM's actual AD. That yellow toothed socked puppet secretary of his, Kermit The AD, is merely a stooge in place to take the heat for the bad decisions that Dimare makes as AD. Fake is as much the AD as you are, friends.

1. Dimare's son will be the next head baseball coach. For those who don't follow baseball closely, UM is a top 3 job in college baseball.

Last time the job was open, UM went to Georgia Tech, which was a College World Series team with guys like Kevin Brown, Garciaparra and Veritek playing there, and UM took their HC. What do we do this time? Hire the AD's son.

2. Fake spent the last several months telling the world that Folden would be the HC through the end of this season and that no change would be made. A few hours later, Dimare fires Folden.

3. Barry Jackson's latest article lists Dimare and Miller as the guys running the search for the next HC. Dontravious Money has already told us that Miller isn't a football fan. Who does that leave as the guy making the decision? Yep. Your AD Mr. Dimare.

I'm not here to say that Dimare is any less qualified to be the AD and pick a HC than Kermit The AD. In fact, he's probably far more qualified as a successful businessman to evaluate a potential employee than a guy whose claim to fame was selling tickets.

My only hope is that Dimare is an astute college football fan and not just some old stubborn dude stuck in the 80s or 90s.

Run a real search, AD Dimare. Call some monsters and pitch them on UM. Call a guy like Gary Patterson and see if losing his Heisman caliber QB and all-world WR at the end of this season might have him thinking about a change of scenery. What better time to jump than after losing your entire offense?

AD Dimare, please don't just sit back and go down the usual desultory list of fired failures with some connection to UM or the area. Shoot for the stars and remember you have a pretty good option there if you fail to bag a big buck.

That is what I'm hoping for! I think he only makes about $4 mil so I dont think it is completely out of the realm of possibility (I know it Probably is). Plus Patterson has had SO many great seasons there including a few undefeated or 1 loss seasons. He has never played in the BIG one. He could do that at Miami. ACC is Weak, Coastal is Weaker, and Miami has more national credibility than TCU!

If Not... Butch!

Advertisement
How many championships has butch won

Butch Davis. Chip Kelly. Gary Patterson. Tom Herman. Justin Fuente. Charlie Strong. Hue Jackson. Art Briles. Whatever.

0 combined national championships. If that's all we need, let's just hire Larry Coker back.

We all know that was Butch's championship. Doesn't mean he'll build one again but the argument is invalid.

Solid

To the OP, Blake handled the Golden decline very poorly. I was not impressed, and lost confidence in Blake for not being more astute, for not handling the press better. After the Clemson game I expect it was the BOT that pushed for Golden's firing, and Blake caved to their demands.

I don't get the impression that Blake is an alpha dog. But I expect Dimare is.

Dimare has more juice than James, so it's not likely Blake would stand up against Dimare in a decision.

Net net, if Dimare has a strong preference for a coach, I expect there's a good chance that's who's going to be hired.

I love Butch and would be elated if he gets the job, but Miami needs to do their due diligence and reach out to guys like Patterson and Herman to see if they have interest.

Advertisement
Back