Lashlee on Joe Rose

Advertisement
you are a broken record but we have 100+ days until the season there is not much else to talk about lol. We are in agreement RE: WRs. Need guys who know how to use their hands and strong enough that the use of those hands helps us in both blocking and catching. A guy like Taylor Stubbefield - he had a very strong college career - but he changed jobs every year. How do you develop any type of evaluation process that way when you never seen through a player's development from 18 to 20, yet alone 18 to 22?
IMO evals are impacted by who's there, for sure, but note two things. First, I keep being a broken record on the importance of processes and systems and data and analytics and priorities. Because if you're clear on them, people can come and go without forcing you to start over each cycle on evals. Second, obviously the head coach needs to lead evals or have someone who is a permanent staff member (support) who can - otherwise it will be like you say, come and go. If the HC can't do the job, processes and systems etc will reduce the downside but they won't solve for his inadequacies, I acknowledge.

Lot of people do not understand the thousands of decisions standpoint, especially when you have to keep constant communication with multiple prospects. The evaluation process is so interesting because it's so hard. I read a NBA scout say he likes players with small butts because that means they can jump higher. No clue how true that is, but as a fan/youth coach, I love those insights.
Agreed - the time frame over multiple years for recruiting and the need to prioritize and invest resources is why you need process discipline.

Manny is also big on character. Sam Bruce could have had a 100+ receptions career but the character was not there. Coach Ish talked about how he connected with how important character is for Manny's standard for the coaching staff and players.

You have to have rules and know when to break those rules. For instance, Dugans and Richt had Harley, Mullins, Jeff Thomas, Sam Bruce (not sure if he was kicked out yet), and Berrios all at the same time. So Dugans and Richt get together and aim for bigger WRs in 2018. They barley took Mike Harley as it was. So then the next cycle they ignore Elijah Moore who ended up better than all of them. Moore was a guy who you break the rules for, especially after K. Austin and X. Williams said no to us. Why go out of state for Ezzard?
Character matters. So does leadership. Jimmy knew how to manage different types of kid. If you aren't a leader, you'll get swallowed by your rules. Rules need to be real, but exceptions matter, too. Balancing them is the test of a leader.

Agree re Ezzard. That was a Richt brain-fart because Georgia, or something. He wanted a GA pipeline.

As a guy that's extremely familiar with Lashlee, I couldn't help but chuckle during every game. Dude was absoultely losing it on the sidelines when cats were moving slow, dancing, signaling first down, and all the other nonsense they were doing instead of quickly moving on to the next play. That isht was driving Lashlee absolutely nuts. I expect the tempo to be much much better this year.
**** I hope so..................Up tempo will not work unless EVERYONE is on the same page....
Eliminate the foolishness on the sidelines, and decrease the nonsense............
Lash is Super focused during the game, ( figuring plays way ahead), and you can see it written all over him.......
Intense......
All business......and I like that...

Chase smith so far , or are you talking ol? I haven’t heard anything on ol yet. We’ll see when pads are on and practices get physical.
Just players in general, OL practice I take with a grain of salt.

It’s his natural position , most expected him to play there when he arrived. Then we realized we had no guards or tackles on campus.
Wouldn't most of center skills translate to guard though? Normally those two are pretty interchangeable I thought.

Advertisement
Lashlee talked offense on Joe Rose this morning.

some takeaways...

RB: The competition is tight. He wants to have a workhorse back with 20-25 carries a game. He said there was no rhythm once all 3 guys were splitting reps equally. However, that doesn’t mean there can’t be multiple 1k rushers. He’s had that before.
Thanks for posting. Don is getting 600 snaps and is number one period. 💯

Don was good but he wasn't great. He has the potential. But too many are crowning this kid already.

I like the idea of having 1 workhorse because it creates the competition between the guys to see who is going to be the man.
He ran so hard last year. I thought he was excellent.

Advertisement
Williams ain't battling nothing.
I was thinking the same thing this entire time. Against Bama, I want Williams out there.

As far as the Center position, I hoping they are grooming someone to replace Gaynor since they love him so much. Thought that guy was going to be Clark.

When I look at tape of both Chase and JWilliams I am just floored by how those guys are like magnets to the ball.
They also have better ball skills than our current WRs. Maybe they can play both sides of the ball and return punts like a Jabrill Peppers.

The pads are already on lol

chase smith needs to move to WLB imo
I’m talking when I was told this, it was shorts and pads. I’m talking full pads and full contact. Chase isn’t big enough for wlb, he’s still a little light in the *** doe striker but he’s gaining.
Williams ain't battling nothing.
Williams will start , three positions look pretty much locked in. Lg and Rg is the question mark. As of now id lean ND and Rivers.

Advertisement
Wouldn't most of center skills translate to guard though? Normally those two are pretty interchangeable I thought.
Personally I don’t like Clark but center is where he was intended to play. Shorter , weaker guys can play there easier than guard. But yeah, they’re interchangeable. His skill set is just better at center.

What? lol
Exactly. I had to get in on the polarizing rhetoric early so when Elijah doesn’t look like Shockey against Alabama, we can argue over whether he was injured vs Manny handcuffing him to the bench...

Some posters are so shook they thought I was serious....

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am not as astute with the Xs and Os as others on here.

Can someone explain to me what an identity on offense is?
Bread and butter..for instance Alabama, no matter how many corvettes and lambos they have on the outside their bread n butter will always be the face they can run when they need/want too. For us, our offensive identity under Lashlee is the ability to run the ball..or at least that’s what we want to be

Advertisement
Back