Lashlee on Joe Rose

I'm new here can someone explain to me why Clark would be better at C? I know Gaynor is hot trash but Clark has not shown anything to say he would be better.
I don’t think gaynor is hot trash. He’s serviceable. He’ll look better with Donaldson next to him Imo. As far as Clark. Kid played center in HS

Advertisement
So we now know Likens two top eval traits are toughness and lateral quickness on the outside.
He basically said toughness and 'explosiveness.' Sounded like he was describing Elijah Moore, tbh.

But I didn't think the discussion was that helpful. Toughness means what? And what about hands and body control? IMO toughness is taking a hit, delivering one, really liking contact vs. tolerating it. He talked about someone pouting after being beat at the line. Sure, avoid that guy. But find us guys who can and will mix it up - and fight for the ball, and use their bodies instinctively.

Explosiveness is cuts as far as I can tell from his comments. Create separation. Yes, good. More important than stretching the field. Both matter but if you can't create separation, stretching the field isn't interesting unless you're truly a burner.

Also, he didn't talk enough about hands. Yes, Pope is explosive. And fast. But hands!

I don’t think gaynor is hot trash. He’s serviceable. He’ll look better with Donaldson next to him Imo. As far as Clark. Kid played center in HS
Well you sir are blind. That little rollie pollie was bad at snapping the ball, run blocking, pass protecting. I wouldn't be surprised if he needed help wiping his ***. One of most useless multi-year starters we've ever had and that isn't exaggerating.

Well you sir are blind. That little rollie pollie was bad at snapping the ball, run blocking, pass protecting. I wouldn't be surprised if he needed help wiping his ***. One of most useless multi-year starters we've ever had and that isn't exaggerating.
Great read. Archive this for later use

He basically said toughness and 'explosiveness.' Sounded like he was describing Elijah Moore, tbh.

But I didn't think the discussion was that helpful. Toughness means what? And what about hands and body control? IMO toughness is taking a hit, delivering one, really liking contact vs. tolerating it. He talked about someone pouting after being beat at the line. Sure, avoid that guy. But find us guys who can and will mix it up - and fight for the ball, and use their bodies instinctively.

Explosiveness is cuts as far as I can tell from his comments. Create separation. Yes, good. More important than stretching the field. Both matter but if you can't create separation, stretching the field isn't interesting unless you're truly a burner.

Also, he didn't talk enough about hands. Yes, Pope is explosive. And fast. But hands!
He’s describing X

Advertisement
Zion is the best ol.

Because he's developed into All ACC material? Or because he's the best of a still-mediocre group?

Thanks for posting. Don is getting 600 snaps and is number one period. 💯

That would be 50 snaps a game over a 12-game season out of ~75 total offensive plays per game on average for Lashlee? Are you expecting a lot of 21 packages?

Because he's developed into All ACC material? Or because he's the best of a still-mediocre group?

That would be 50 snaps a game over a 12-game season out of ~75 total offensive plays per game on average for Lashlee? Are you expecting a lot of 21 packages?
Early mocks has him as a first round player...I’ll admittedly say I was wrong about the kid

Advertisement
He’s describing X
I took it that way the first time I read it, but that could easily be the editing / reporting spin. Hard to know when/how his actual comments were made (at least from reading the piece). I think he was describing qualities he looks for (toughness and explosiveness). The lateral quickness seemed to clearly be in context of X. Unclear how he would evaluate YZ but expect we’d hear similar comments.

I doubt Cam holds off Chaney and/or Knighton all season long. I think we’ll see Don assume the role of lead back midway through 2021 - if not before. That’s nothing against Harris, it’s more of who has the most potential and who can get stronger as the game wears on. Maybe Lashlee will split carries between Cam and Don to keep both fresh for the 4th quarter? Then use Jaylen as the shifty change of pace RB plus sets out of the backfield. Either or, it’s finally a great dilemma to watch work out this season. I’m also wondering if Cody or Thad get carries for goalline plays or if Lashlee wants to RS them both for 2022?

about time a coach admitted that 6 and 8 couldn’t fight their way out of a wet paper bag. It’s like they thought they’d twist an ankle if they went up for 50/50 balls. I like Key, Rambo, and Mike are the starters come Baga. All 3 will be dynamic in Rhett’s offense. We’ll finally give lil Nicky some pause on who to cover in the game.

Advertisement
You two fanboys should see about meeting up instead of the internet circle jerk.

Yes doofus, anyone who disagrees with should leave so you have more time to drop these incredible evals, cause you really know football bro:

B742F83F-0334-4673-BA74-BB1B8FCC6FD9.jpeg
D753AEF6-759E-4334-AD5D-5410EAC4C3E2.jpeg
9620648B-0121-4287-99E0-C7115C0DE672.jpeg

Sounds like we need a center transfer, Gaynor isn't good enough unfortunately. I don't expect this to happen as they seem to love him but hes just way too weak.

Advertisement
I’m a little surprised everyone is writing off Thad and Brown. I think one of these guys will get some legit burn this season in short yardage. The chance of Cam not being the lead back is small guys. Lashlee referenced the rhythm was better to start the season. That’s when Cam was getting the majority of the carries.
Chaney will be the number two with little doubt. Knighton should be used as a 3rd down pass catching back. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see some 90s style two back sets in the shotgun either. Especially if another TE doesn’t show he’s ready and the WRs continue to struggle. RB is a strength of the team so why not exploit it?!?!

I’m a little surprised everyone is writing off Thad and Brown. I think one of these guys will get some legit burn this season in short yardage. The chance of Cam not being the lead back is small guys. Lashlee referenced the rhythm was better to start the season. That’s when Cam was getting the majority of the carries.
Chaney will be the number two with little doubt. Knighton should be used as a 3rd down pass catching back. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see some 90s style two back sets in the shotgun either. Especially if another TE doesn’t show he’s ready and the WRs continue to struggle. RB is a strength of the team so why not exploit it?!?!
Lol @ 'everyone'

Don was good but he wasn't great. He has the potential. But too many are crowning this kid already.

I like the idea of having 1 workhorse because it creates the competition between the guys to see who is going to be the man.
He was a tru freshman, wasn’t required to be great. He will be moving forward tho and if you can’t see that then this whole argument or post is pointless.

Advertisement
Back