Lashlee on Joe Rose

TrueFloridian

Sophomore
Lashlee talked offense on Joe Rose this morning.

some takeaways...

TE: He mentioned UM was at its best with two TE’s on the field last season. However, both Will and Brevin were out many games so it hurt the offense. He said he’s hoping that Mam will step up and he’s had a good offseason. He mentioned Elijah has Brevin type traits but is still a frosh and is having some injury setbacks. This season he’s looking for an identity whether to run 3 WRs or 2 TE sets.

RB: The competition is tight. He wants to have a workhorse back with 20-25 carries a game. He said there was no rhythm once all 3 guys were splitting reps equally. However, that doesn’t mean there can’t be multiple 1k rushers. He’s had that before.

OL: Scaife and Williams are battling it out for RT. He’s really high on Nelson at LT. Clark has reshaped his body and is pushing Gaynor. It sounds like Clark will play a guard spot this season then take over for Gaynor at C next reading between the lines.

WR: He said it’s wide open. They need someone to start winning 50/50 balls. Smith was the young guy he brought up first gaining 12lbs looking good. I’m betting Rambo starts game 1. He mentioned how he’s played against Bama and done it all before. They brought him here for a reason. He mentioned Restrepo as another young guy getting better. Not a peep about Wiggins or Pope FWIW.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The "workhouse back" comment is very interesting. Not sure if that is coachspeak or if he really means that.

I dont know why he wouldnt want to go 3WR sets. Anyone past Mallory isnt ready yet to be depended on full time in a 2TE set if you ask me. And we have **** near 11-12 WRs in the room right now.

If Scaife loses out to Williams, does he stay around past Spring. Isnt he a Sr? I honestly really liked what I saw from Williams last year all things considered.

Advertisement
The "workhouse back" comment is very interesting. Not sure if that is coachspeak or if he really means that.

I dont know why he wouldnt want to go 3WR sets. Anyone past Mallory isnt ready yet to be depended on full time in a 2TE set if you ask me. And we have **** near 11-12 WRs in the room right now.

If Scaife loses out to Williams, does he stay around past Spring. Isnt he a Sr? I honestly really liked what I saw from Williams last year all things considered.

I think he means it. Every time I saw him on the sideline he was screaming for the offense to move faster. Especially with the new-ish rule if offense subs a guy a out they have to wait for the defense to sub. Lash is all about speed and tempo. Hard to do that subbing in 3 different guys.

Lashlee talked offense on Joe Rose this morning.

some takeaways...

TE: He mentioned UM was at its best with two TE’s on the field last season. However, both Will and Brevin were out many games so it hurt the offense. He said he’s hoping that Mam will step up and he’s had a good offseason. He mentioned Elijah has Brevin type traits but is still a frosh and is having some injury setbacks. This season he’s looking for an identity whether to run 3 WRs or 2 TE sets.

RB: The competition is tight. He wants to have a workhorse back with 20-25 carries a game. He said there was no rhythm once all 3 guys were splitting reps equally. However, that doesn’t mean there can’t be multiple 1k rushers. He’s had that before.

OL: Scaife and Williams are battling it out for RT. He’s really high on Nelson at LT. Clark has reshaped his body and is pushing Gaynor. It sounds like Clark will play a guard spot this season then take over for Gaynor at C next reading between the lines.

WR: He said it’s wide open. They need someone to start winning 50/50 balls. Smith was the young guy he brought up first gaining 12lbs looking good. I’m betting Rambo starts game 1. He mentioned how he’s played against Bama and done it all before. They brought him here for a reason. He mentioned Restrepo as another young guy getting better. Not a peep about Wiggins or Pope FWIW.

Why on earth are the TE's always injured? We're far beyond coincidence and into pattern.

Advertisement
"TE: He mentioned UM was at its best with two TE’s on the field last season."

Our WRs were terrible last year so it's not surprising we were better off with less of them on the field at the same time. Watch what happens if it's Rambo, Harley, and Smith paired with Mallory. It will look like a different offense.

Don was good but he wasn't great. He has the potential. But too many are crowning this kid already.

I like the idea of having 1 workhorse because it creates the competition between the guys to see who is going to be the man.
Not sure if anybody crowned him as great last year? He had a solid freshman year. It’s more of a projection of the jump that people are expecting him to take from year 1 to 2.

Advertisement
Back