Lamar Thomas on “short list” for WR Coach

I can hear him now. "Listen guys, when you're running to the endzone, don't let the guy chasing you take the ball away."

Advertisement
We can do better than Cooney and Thomas. There must be several former Canes that could coach these WR's up and bring out their competitiveness. Assistants should be just as good as the coordinators. Fill the staff with high caliber coaches.

How about an up-an-coming WR coach who could learn from Lashlee and has the aspiration and potential to be a future OC?

The issue we have had besides poor coaching is poor continuity.....changing staffs who have much different systems and recruit different types of guys for them, so the roster never works and the depth is all kinds of terrible for a few years. Square peg round hole. As long as Manny is here, this will be his defense so the DC hire isn't as important as the offensive coaching hires. And thinking long-term, if you expect Lashlee to work, you expect Lashlee to succeed and leave for a HC job. How about bringing a coach in to work under him and learn, then take over if that does happen? Clemson built their offensive staff this way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lamar Thomas was a good player but he’s been fired from every coaching position he’s had and has proven to be a below average recruiter. He also was arrested for beating his girlfriend twice. Once while she was pregnant. For those of you who care about these things.

Lamar has no juice on the trail, he's been fired from every gig he was at because he's a very mediocre recruiter.

I like Cooney as a Recruiting coordinator, I think we can land a good WR's coach I don't see why we have to settle, unless we're just being lazy & penny pinching.

,"I don't see why we have to settle, unless we're just being lazy & penny pinching."

I honestly hope we are changing our ways but odds are you just answered your own question

Advertisement
Advertisement
The two options results in an F and F-! Wow! Most of you complain over Stubs and this is what you want to debate?!?!

#lipstickonPig

Advertisement
Back