Knighton

He didn't say fans, he said ALUMS. Miami has more FANS than UiF and F$U in South Florida. It doesn't have more ALUMS.
What if a fan is a alum

Advertisement
The myths about Deerfield hating Miami need to stop. The truth is, Miami didn't recruit Deerfield well enough while Golden and Richt were here. (FWIW Glenn and a few other DBHS coaches are Miami fans)

Glenn has a great relationship with Manny. He loves Manny, says he's got "juice".

The main issue was that the last two staffs were full of squares who were terrible recruiters. They carried themselves like they were coaches from a lower tier program, like they didn't even know what that U on their coaching polo meant. Glenn said the only coach that carried themselves with the "I'm here from The U!" swagger was Dugans. (ironically)

Miami didn't come around enough. They also were late to offer a few kids. How the **** is Miami a kid's 28th offer, when they're right down the street, and the kid already has offers from teams like Bama and Clemson?

Word is, quite frankly "Diaz didn't fvck with the way Richt was doing things."
Richt didn't want dawgs. And often times Manny would want to offer a kid and Richt would make him hold off.

As far as this new staff...

They got the juice.
Hickson is a Lauderdale cat and has a great relationship with the Deerfield staff. (as well as other local staffs)
Fields is another highly respected dude.
And Manny, again, is loved by the locals.

Coach Glenn said Manny is a local dude who "just gets it".
Manny, Stubblefield and Hickson have been by Deerfield TWICE in the last couple weeks.

Manny has done an incredible job of assembling a staff with true local ties.
Hickson in Broward. Fields in Dade. (Rumph in Palm Beach?)

This is no longer amateur hour fellas. And it's about **** time.
I am not buying a single thing about the lip service by a Deerfield coach to Diaz, Hickson, Field, or anyone else on the staff. Our inability to get players there goes back far longer than our last staff, or the staff before that. So long, in fact, that it stands to reason that it is far more than our terrible recruiting that has resulted in the failure to land a Deerfield kid since Derrick Crudup.

Brent Schaeffer went to Rocky Flop and Stockar McDougle went to Oklahoma. Butch couldn't get McDougle and Schaeffer wouldn't come at a time the program was an absolute juggernaut (and at a high water mark in Florida recruiting). There is simply no way that the only issue (or even the #1 issue in a litany) is just "our bad recruiting." At Deerfield, they find every excuse and explanation not to come to Miami. Something else is, and has been, going on.

I really cant wait for Miami to start winning 10+ games every year. Not just cus i want them to dominate the CFB world, but to see what excuses we hear when local kids chose the hot $EC team of the year. I'm gonna guess the new excuse is gonna be "the roster is too good, he wanted a chance to play right away". Then go to said $EC school to ride the pine for 2 years and enter the portal. My crystal ball says that team is gonna be Tennessee.

I am not buying a single thing about the lip service by a Deerfield coach to Diaz, Hickson, Field, or anyone else on the staff. Our inability to get players there goes back far longer than our last staff, or the staff before that. So long, in fact, that it stands to reason that it is far more than our terrible recruiting that has resulted in the failure to land a Deerfield kid since Derrick Crudup.

Brent Schaeffer went to Rocky Flop and Stockar McDougle went to Oklahoma. Butch couldn't get McDougle and Schaeffer wouldn't come at a time the program was an absolute juggernaut (and at a high water mark in Florida recruiting). There is simply no way that the only issue (or even the #1 issue in a litany) is just "our bad recruiting." At Deerfield, they find every excuse and explanation not to come to Miami. Something else is, and has been, going on.
I’ll see this about Brent. His mom was my 3rd grade teacher. Deerfield, now this is the story from way back, didn’t like the way Miami handled Derrick. Plus Brent wanted to play day 1. He became the 1st true fresh to start at tenn. we got Jerome mcdougle. Didn’t recruit tremaine who went to NC state. Recruited denard to play ******* DB...it’s a mix of bad recruiting/evaluations/and relationships

Advertisement
Glad to hear local coaches think the new staff is moving in the right direction on the recruiting front. Hopefully we see the results follow suit.

Last edited:
I’ll see this about Brent. His mom was my 3rd grade teacher. Deerfield, now this is the story from way back, didn’t like the way Miami handled Derrick. Plus Brent wanted to play day 1. He became the 1st true fresh to start at tenn. we got Jerome mcdougle. Didn’t recruit tremaine who went to NC state. Recruited denard to play ******* DB...it’s a mix of bad recruiting/evaluations/and relationships
Very much correct on Denard, who is the only Deerfield player I can confirm wanted to come here. We got Jerome McDougle indeed. He went to Ely. If this staff cracks Deerfield (I'm not holding my breath), it will be the recruiting achievement of the century.

Very much correct on Denard, who is the only Deerfield player I can confirm wanted to come here. We got Jerome McDougle indeed. He went to Ely. If this staff cracks Deerfield (I'm not holding my breath), it will be the recruiting achievement of the century.
It’s not a anti Miami thing at Deerfield tho. Gotta look at each individually

manny inherited a program with so many things broken:

(a) poor local recruiting,
(b) bad coaching,
(c) poor facilities,
(d) bad evals, (
e) lack of chemistry and discipline,
(f) poor relationships with local coaches,
(g) bad S&C,
(h) lack of leadership, and
(i) poor distribution of scholarships between classes.

he's referred to this in various interviews saying "we are addressing our issues". from the outside, he seems to fixing all of them.

Advertisement

With all due respect...
And I mean with all due respect...
You don't know WTF you're talking about.

Miami HAD a Deerfield kid in Brandon Powell before they fvcked it up.

IT'S ALREADY CRACKED.

There's nothing going on there.

IT'S ALREADY CRACKED.

There's nothing going on there.

You're the same clown who was over at 247 talking out of his *** daily aren't you? You really think we have no issues at Deerfield? Stop posting. Jesus Christ reading your commentary is dumbing everyone down.

You're the same clown who was over at 247 talking out of his *** daily aren't you? You really think we have no issues at Deerfield? Stop posting. Jesus Christ reading your commentary is dumbing everyone down.
Who the fvck are you?
And WTF is 247?

You got me mixed up.

Advertisement
The myths about Deerfield hating Miami need to stop. The truth is, Miami didn't recruit Deerfield well enough while Golden and Richt were here. (FWIW Glenn and a few other DBHS coaches are Miami fans)

Glenn has a great relationship with Manny. He loves Manny, says he's got "juice".

The main issue was that the last two staffs were full of squares who were terrible recruiters. They carried themselves like they were coaches from a lower tier program, like they didn't even know what that U on their coaching polo meant. Glenn said the only coach that carried themselves with the "I'm here from The U!" swagger was Dugans. (ironically)

Miami didn't come around enough. They also were late to offer a few kids. How the **** is Miami a kid's 28th offer, when they're right down the street, and the kid already has offers from teams like Bama and Clemson?

Richt didn't want dawgs. And often times Manny would want to offer a kid and Richt would make him hold off.

They got the juice.
Hickson is a Lauderdale cat and has a great relationship with the Deerfield staff. (as well as other local staffs)

Manny, Stubblefield and Hickson have been by Deerfield TWICE in the last couple weeks.

I’ve stated in the past Diaz had a lot of differences with the way Richt handled many things. More and more, others are coming out with the same info. In fact, I can do better than that, Diaz’s actions reflect this perspective.

Advertisement

And had shoelaces played DB he might be playing or at least earning a pension.

They got the juice.

Hopefully since the staff seems to have a better relationship with Deerfield that we can get in on jaylon Knighton. He’s elite imo and would be another fantastic running back in this class to go along with don Chaney jr

Advertisement
Back