Knighton

Advertisement
False. They would have taken Eaford in a heartbeat

When was this? Cause the staff seemed pretty fine when we had Huff, Solomon & Pierre committed. Or did the staff not keep recruiting others like they usually did and once Pierre left they tried to pick up contact with Eaford and he wasn’t having it.

When was this? Cause the staff seemed pretty fine when we had Huff, Solomon & Pierre committed. Or did the staff not keep recruiting others like they usually did and once Pierre left they tried to pick up contact with Eaford and he wasn’t having it.

Last Winter into the late part of the spring, then they gave up when it was apparent he wasn't interested and others started committing.

Advertisement
Last Winter into the late part of the spring, then they gave up when it was apparent he wasn't interested and others started committing.
Not true. They were contacting him but never was going hard after him. They had huff, solomon, pierre, brooks, and probably brown ahead of him.

I don't think any of the instate schools showed much interest which is why he ended up at oregon.

Not true. They were contacting him but never was going hard after him. They had huff, solomon, pierre, brooks, and probably brown ahead of him.

I don't think any of the instate schools showed much interest which is why he ended up at oregon.

Because I think they got the vibe he wasn't interested...And yeah they possibly filled up once others committed.

Here's my takeaway from this thread: (1) Deerfield Beach kids have only very rarely picked Miami; but (2) there isn't really a Deerfield Beach biased against Miami, per se; because (3) if Miami had all its ducks in a row on the field, offered each of these kids as early as they wanted, and recruited them all like 5* priority kids, then Miami has a chance of having a hat on the table; so long as (4) Baga or another $EC school doesn't offer. Does that about cover it?

If so, then yeah, until I see a Deerfield kid signed, sealed, and delivered, count me among those that won't consider one signing at UM a likelihood. Maybe this staff can change the perception... if anyone can, it's Coach Manolo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I went to Deerfield if Miami stopped pretending like when it comes to Broward STA (When Deerfield is one of the few teams in History to be them twice in a row) is the only team with Talent... Then yes you'll get Players from there. Miami has been playing favorites for years. How the heck you recruit Jacory Harris as a QB, but you want Denard Robinson who got stopped on the 1yrd line away from beating the number team in the nation as a DB. The U wanted only STA players for the most these last couple of years, so that's what they got. I love the U with all my heart, but THEY MESSED UP. Period. What about Jabri Price from Ely when did the U start recruiting him? They took a STA DB the same year who was trash. What about Brandon Powell who committed to the U, but they messed it up. The U is Anti Broward other than recruiting STA.

Last edited:
It's a difference between Treating me like a Priority and keeping in contact with me. You want DBHS kids to commit to Miami when they're being treated like Sideline H*** who only get the text "You up" at 2am in the Morning.

It's a difference between Treating me like a Priority and keeping in contact with me. You want DBHS kids to commit to Miami when they're being treated like Sideline H*** who only get the text "You up" at 2am in the Morning.
What year did you graduate from Deerfield?

Advertisement
Back