Knighton

Advertisement
I went to Deerfield if Miami stopped pretending like when it comes to Broward STA (When Deerfield is one of the few teams in History to be them twice in a row) is the only team with Talent... Then yes you'll get Players from there. Miami has been playing favorites for years. How the heck you recruit Jacory Harris as a QB, but you want Denard Robinson who got stopped on the 1yrd line away from beating the number team in the nation as a DB. The U wanted only STA players for the most these last couple of years, so that's what they got. I love the U with all my heart, but THEY MESSED UP. Period. What about Jabri Price from Ely when did the U start recruiting him? They took a STA DB the same year who was trash. What about Brandon Powell who committed to the U, but they messed it up. The U is Anti Broward other than recruiting STA.
Coach Field gonna change things up with the perception at Deerfield. As for the anti-Broward bias, I think Cam Williams, TCouch, and K Smith, along with Nesta and Herbert don’t feel that way.

I went to Deerfield if Miami stopped pretending like when it comes to Broward STA (When Deerfield is one of the few teams in History to be them twice in a row) is the only team with Talent... Then yes you'll get Players from there. Miami has been playing favorites for years. How the heck you recruit Jacory Harris as a QB, but you want Denard Robinson who got stopped on the 1yrd line away from beating the number team in the nation as a DB. The U wanted only STA players for the most these last couple of years, so that's what they got. I love the U with all my heart, but THEY MESSED UP. Period. What about Jabri Price from Ely when did the U start recruiting him? They took a STA DB the same year who was trash. What about Brandon Powell who committed to the U, but they messed it up. The U is Anti Broward other than recruiting STA.

This is dumb, which seems par the course for Deerfield.

You're seriously holding what Shannon/Golden did against Diaz?

Funny how when UF/FSU get new coaches, they get a clean start. Deerfield will find grievances from 1965 to hold against Miami if needed

This is dumb, which seems par the course for Deerfield.

You're seriously holding what Shannon/Golden did against Diaz?

Funny how when UF/FSU get new coaches, they get a clean start. Deerfield will find grievances from 1965 to hold against Miami if needed
He didnt say he was holding anything against Diaz. He described the past.

If that's the list of amazing players you want to call Miami for not going after versus players from STA, I'll stick with their strategy...... who gives a **** about Brandon Powell and Denmark Robinson.

Advertisement
If that's the list of amazing players you want to call Miami for not going after versus players from STA, I'll stick with their strategy...... who gives a **** about Brandon Powell and Denmark Robinson.

Dude its plenty of Players its actually too much to name. Give Broward its respect, and you'll get their players Period. Broward is deeper than STA build relationships and they'll come. It's no reason the two kids from DBHS weren't a take last season. It's no reason the CB from Coconut Creek wasn't a take last year. Broward has Dawgs point blank period.

Knighton is a big-timer. He looks more like Dalvin Cook than Dalvin's brother. He's smart, too.

Coach Hickson (Broward native) is on him hard. Clemson is the competition.
So it’s a shot with Knighton or just a Dream?

I call BS on that miami been recruiting deerfield players hard they just don't have the grades or they bag chasers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You have some valid points that I agree with but saying Miami is anti-Broward is just way off imo.

It's the other way around... We've been ****ted on hard by Broward kids these last 3-4 classes.

I 100% agree that Miami should be more open & recruit kids from Dillard, Boyd, Ely, Coco Creek, Miramar, Piper, Stranahan etc.. We're starting to make in-roads at Chaminade, McArthur, Hallandale & Western. But the fact is the best players from those schools usually transfer to bigger schools & often times it's STA.

But Miami is not anti-Broward, we've always had plenty of non STA Broward kids on our teams throughout the years it's just we've missed on so many of the Star players from Broward in recruiting because we either had HC's who couldn't recruit (Shannon/Folden) or we had a pushover who let kids play us for fools (Richt).

Advertisement
How did UM mess up with Powell? I’m still puzzled about that.

Administration screwed him. Told him at the last minute that he actually needed to complete some
Requirement that wasn’t told to him prior. Prevented him from enrolling early (which he wanted to do). UF was right there waiting and told him he could enroll at UF with no issues. Our coaches were ****es at the admin.

Anyway, based on my recollection

Administration screwed him. Told him at the last minute that he actually needed to complete some
Requirement that wasn’t told to him prior. Prevented him from enrolling early (which he wanted to do). UF was right there waiting and told him he could enroll at UF with no issues. Our coaches were ****es at the admin.

Anyway, based on my recollection

Sounds right. Mind boggling that Miami drops the ball like that but then again, it’s not.

Advertisement
Back