Knighton

Advertisement
Glad some are shedding light on this schools hates us crap. They hate incompetence and want their kids to succeed.

We were a **** show for a decade and a half. Going back even further, basically five good years and 5 crap ones. Literally the entire cognizant lifetime of anyone we're currently recruiting, we've sucked.

Why in the heck would people be surprised we have a hard time getting anyone. LMFAO at pointing to Jeudy and then saying Bama. No **** he's going there, 99.999999999999% of recruits would go there before here.

It's time to do work where it matters, wins and losses. We do that, we're a viable option for a kid at any school.

As for Lakeland, those dudes grow up with UF fans everywhere. We may get someone from there one day, but good luck. Coaches can like us all they want, still the odds are you're a UF fan if you're from there.

Glad some are shedding light on this schools hates us crap. They hate incompetence and want their kids to succeed.

We were a **** show for a decade and a half. Going back even further, basically five good years and 5 crap ones. Literally the entire cognizant lifetime of anyone we're currently recruiting, we've sucked.

Why in the heck would people be surprised we have a hard time getting anyone. LMFAO at pointing to Jeudy and then saying Bama. No **** he's going there, 99.999999999999% of recruits would go there before here.

It's time to do work where it matters, wins and losses. We do that, we're a viable option for a kid at any school.

As for Lakeland, those dudes grow up with UF fans everywhere. We may get someone from there one day, but good luck. Coaches can like us all they want, still the odds are you're a UF fan if you're from there.

Deerfield sends kids to schools that are awful all the time.

The only place they dont send kids to is Miami. So your point is just wrong. Seriously they send kids to ******* Illinois (if we've sucked, what exactly is Illinois) and wont have anyone even consider Miami.

Winning would get us kids at STA, Central, etc. It wouldnt do a **** thing for Deerfield

The only place they dont send kids to is Miami. So your point is just wrong. Seriously they send kids to ******* Illinois (if we've sucked, what exactly is Illinois) and wont have anyone even consider Miami.

Winning would get us kids at STA, Central, etc. It wouldnt do a **** thing for Deerfield

Give me some examples of players we were interested in that we lost to a school like Illinois.

My prediction, I'm going to be waiting a while.

I am not buying a single thing about the lip service by a Deerfield coach to Diaz, Hickson, Field, or anyone else on the staff. Our inability to get players there goes back far longer than our last staff, or the staff before that. So long, in fact, that it stands to reason that it is far more than our terrible recruiting that has resulted in the failure to land a Deerfield kid since Derrick Crudup.

Brent Schaeffer went to Rocky Flop and Stockar McDougle went to Oklahoma. Butch couldn't get McDougle and Schaeffer wouldn't come at a time the program was an absolute juggernaut (and at a high water mark in Florida recruiting). There is simply no way that the only issue (or even the #1 issue in a litany) is just "our bad recruiting." At Deerfield, they find every excuse and explanation not to come to Miami. Something else is, and has been, going on.

Stockar was at OU in ‘98 and ‘99. Drafted in 2000. Stop reading after that.

Advertisement
The myths about Deerfield hating Miami need to stop. The truth is, Miami didn't recruit Deerfield well enough while Golden and Richt were here. (FWIW Glenn and a few other DBHS coaches are Miami fans)

Glenn has a great relationship with Manny. He loves Manny, says he's got "juice".

The main issue was that the last two staffs were full of squares who were terrible recruiters. They carried themselves like they were coaches from a lower tier program, like they didn't even know what that U on their coaching polo meant. Glenn said the only coach that carried themselves with the "I'm here from The U!" swagger was Dugans. (ironically)

Miami didn't come around enough. They also were late to offer a few kids. How the **** is Miami a kid's 28th offer, when they're right down the street, and the kid already has offers from teams like Bama and Clemson?

Word is, quite frankly "Diaz didn't fvck with the way Richt was doing things."
Richt didn't want dawgs. And often times Manny would want to offer a kid and Richt would make him hold off.

As far as this new staff...

They got the juice.
Hickson is a Lauderdale cat and has a great relationship with the Deerfield staff. (as well as other local staffs)
Fields is another highly respected dude.
And Manny, again, is loved by the locals.

Coach Glenn said Manny is a local dude who "just gets it".
Manny, Stubblefield and Hickson have been by Deerfield TWICE in the last couple weeks.

Manny has done an incredible job of assembling a staff with true local ties.
Hickson in Broward. Fields in Dade. (Rumph in Palm Beach?)

This is no longer amateur hour fellas. And it's about **** time.

Well said

With all due respect...
And I mean with all due respect...
You don't know WTF you're talking about.

Miami HAD a Deerfield kid in Brandon Powell before they fvcked it up.
Yo macho you seem dialed into the Broward landscape going by your avi (only Broward ppl remember that famous interview from cat lol) and post..what makes you say Miami “****ed it up” with BP?

I’ll say this..for today’s kids in Broward UM still holds weight, but not like UF or SEC schools do. On field success and off field stability is key to changing that perception. If we prove we can churn out high level talent to the league and compete nationally for chips then the Broward problem will be a thing in the past

Advertisement
Stockar was at OU in ‘98 and ‘99. Drafted in 2000. Stop reading after that.
What does that say exactly? Oklahoma was historically mediocre in the 90s. We didn't get McDougle out of high school or JUCO. He committed to Oklahoma during the Jorn Blake regime when they were terrible. Even under probation, we were easily the better program at the time. And he still didn't come here.

Clueless post.

The bitterness of not getting any Deerfield kids is causing you guys to make-up silly theories. I'm TELLING yall that there is no anti-UM **** going on at Deerfield. It's not really up for debate. I'm TELLING yall, not guessing. Unless you're closer to the school than I am (which would be impossible at this point) then you're purely speculating.

What Deerfield kids has Miami even wanted?

*Juedy? Lost him to Bama. That doesn't prove ****. We lose kids to Bama all the time.
*Eaford? Apparently we were extremely late to that party. (late on a 4-star LB lol)
*Dorlus? One of the top-3 DT's in all of South FLA and we didn't even offer.

I'm sure I'm missing a couple but yall act like they've been loaded with Miami caliber players who are going elsewhere. Many of their kids aren't/weren't even being recruited by us. They have a lot of kids that go to Utah, Akron, Georgia State, App State, MTSU, etc. Right now they have a handful of players that are (or will be) Miami caliber. (most they've ever had probably) So let's see how their recruitment pans out.

Coach Glenn works his a$$ to get exposure for his kids. One thing he would love is for his kids to be represented all across the country...different schools and conferences. He would gladly send a kid to Miami but he's also not gonna force one of his kids to sign up for a dumpster fire. Manny actually has a great relationship with Deerfield and respects Glenn since he looked out for Manny/Miami during the Ashton Pierre recruitment. (not going into detail but Manny thanked Glenn for helping us dodge a bullet)

Like I said, yall need to let this **** go. There's no issue at Deerfield.

And FYI, I spoke to Knighton and he didn't necessarily shun the idea of Miami when I brought them up. He just said that he hasn't spoken to us in a couple days and that he saw that we recently got a 2020 commitment at RB. Couldn't really get a read on him. Seems like he's just letting the process play out.

Advertisement
The bitterness of not getting any Deerfield kids is causing you guys to make-up silly theories. I'm TELLING yall that there is no anti-UM **** going on at Deerfield. It's not really up for debate. I'm TELLING yall, not guessing. Unless you're closer to the school than I am (which would be impossible at this point) then you're purely speculating.

What Deerfield kids has Miami even wanted?

*Juedy? Lost him to Bama. That doesn't prove ****. We lose kids to Bama all the time.
*Eaford? Apparently we were extremely late to that party. (late on a 4-star LB lol)
*Dorlus? One of the top-3 DT's in all of South FLA and we didn't even offer.

I'm sure I'm missing a couple but yall act like they've been loaded with Miami caliber players who are going elsewhere. Many of their kids aren't/weren't even being recruited by us. They have a lot of kids that go to Utah, Akron, Georgia State, App State, MTSU, etc. Right now they have a handful of players that are (or will be) Miami caliber. (most they've ever had probably) So let's see how their recruitment pans out.

Coach Glenn works his a$$ to get exposure for his kids. One thing he would love is for his kids to be represented all across the country...different schools and conferences. He would gladly send a kid to Miami but he's also not gonna force one of his kids to sign up for a dumpster fire. Manny actually has a great relationship with Deerfield and respects Glenn since he looked out for Manny/Miami during the Ashton Pierre recruitment. (not going into detail but Manny thanked Glenn for helping us dodge a bullet)

Like I said, yall need to let this **** go. There's no issue at Deerfield.

And FYI, I spoke to Knighton and he didn't necessarily shun the idea of Miami when I brought them up. He just said that he hasn't spoken to us in a couple days and that he saw that we recently got a 2020 commitment at RB. Couldn't really get a read on him. Seems like he's just letting the process play out.

-We weren't late on Eaford...There were interviews with him long before his senior year. And he was near the top of UM's board.

- Ricardo Louis went out of his way to clown UM when he chose UM

- Didn't James Pierre pick some BS school over UM

- Aaron Robinson-- okay like you said nothing wrong with Bama. Can't blame him.

- Strowbridge chose UNC over UM

Again you may be right, but it does appear UM is 0for **** near life there.

-We weren't late on Eaford...There were interviews with him long before his senior year. And he was near the top of UM's board.

- Ricardo Louis went out of his way to clown UM when he chose UM

- Didn't James Pierre pick some BS school over UM

- Aaron Robinson-- okay like you said nothing wrong with Bama. Can't blame him.

- Strowbridge chose UNC over UM

Again you may be right, but it does appear UM is 0for **** near life there.
Eaford was not at the top of miami board. They weren't going that hard after him.

Advertisement
Crudup went to Deerfield Beach HS - the backup QB behind Dorsey for a year or two.

He's the only one I can think of that we got from the school.

Very much correct on Denard, who is the only Deerfield player I can confirm wanted to come here. We got Jerome McDougle indeed. He went to Ely. If this staff cracks Deerfield (I'm not holding my breath), it will be the recruiting achievement of the century.

Advertisement
Back