Knighton

Advertisement
The myths about Deerfield hating Miami need to stop. The truth is, Miami didn't recruit Deerfield well enough while Golden and Richt were here. (FWIW Glenn and a few other DBHS coaches are Miami fans)

Glenn has a great relationship with Manny. He loves Manny, says he's got "juice".

The main issue was that the last two staffs were full of squares who were terrible recruiters. They carried themselves like they were coaches from a lower tier program, like they didn't even know what that U on their coaching polo meant. Glenn said the only coach that carried themselves with the "I'm here from The U!" swagger was Dugans. (ironically)

Miami didn't come around enough. They also were late to offer a few kids. How the **** is Miami a kid's 28th offer, when they're right down the street, and the kid already has offers from teams like Bama and Clemson?

Word is, quite frankly "Diaz didn't fvck with the way Richt was doing things."
Richt didn't want dawgs. And often times Manny would want to offer a kid and Richt would make him hold off.

As far as this new staff...

They got the juice.
Hickson is a Lauderdale cat and has a great relationship with the Deerfield staff. (as well as other local staffs)
Fields is another highly respected dude.
And Manny, again, is loved by the locals.

Coach Glenn said Manny is a local dude who "just gets it".
Manny, Stubblefield and Hickson have been by Deerfield TWICE in the last couple weeks.

Manny has done an incredible job of assembling a staff with true local ties.
Hickson in Broward. Fields in Dade. (Rumph in Palm Beach?)

This is no longer amateur hour fellas. And it's about **** time.
That Dugans swagger definitely helped sign Jeudy. Oh wait....

Advertisement
The myths about Deerfield hating Miami need to stop. The truth is, Miami didn't recruit Deerfield well enough while Golden and Richt were here. (FWIW Glenn and a few other DBHS coaches are Miami fans)

Glenn has a great relationship with Manny. He loves Manny, says he's got "juice".

The main issue was that the last two staffs were full of squares who were terrible recruiters. They carried themselves like they were coaches from a lower tier program, like they didn't even know what that U on their coaching polo meant. Glenn said the only coach that carried themselves with the "I'm here from The U!" swagger was Dugans. (ironically)

Miami didn't come around enough. They also were late to offer a few kids. How the **** is Miami a kid's 28th offer, when they're right down the street, and the kid already has offers from teams like Bama and Clemson?

Richt didn't want dawgs. And often times Manny would want to offer a kid and Richt would make him hold off.

They got the juice.
Hickson is a Lauderdale cat and has a great relationship with the Deerfield staff. (as well as other local staffs)

Manny, Stubblefield and Hickson have been by Deerfield TWICE in the last couple weeks.

Lol Deerfield is not right down the street but I get what your saying. And it’s on point. Coaching wise yes under golden and Shannon Miami didn’t make Deerfield a priority. But in those coaches defense Deerfield hit a dry spell in talent and coaching after Denard and coach Art left. From 10’- 13 best prospect to come out was BP. Deerfield had Rashard Robinson for a year but he ended up at Ely.

But your right coach Glenn fw Miami as a fan. From what I heard MR and dugans mainly did a great job of establishing a relationship with the coaches at DF.

MF'er that's ONE kid. And truth be told, we didn't even recruit him hard enough. He was [this] close to signing with Miami but we were a **** show.
JJ made the right choice. He was close to signing within Miami tho. Dugans and Richt did a good job of recruiting him

Advertisement

They got the juice.

Manny just did an interview with Hurricane Hotline and you can tell he is upset about South Florida recruiting.

Joe Z and Don Bailey threw him a softball about OOS players and he said, "First and foremost, we aren't doing a good enough job down here. We are making some changes as we speak to address that."

My guess is the recruiting department is going to have a more local feel going forward.

Manny just did an interview with Hurricane Hotline and you can tell he is upset about South Florida recruiting.

Joe Z and Don Bailey threw him a softball about OOS players and he said, "First and foremost, we aren't doing a good enough job down here. We are making some changes as we speak to address that."

My guess is the recruiting department is going to have a more local feel going forward.

This would confirm Cooney replacing Doherty

They got the juice.

I hate that you had to even post this....the same sentiments were said to me by Lakeland coaches and this board SWEARS that entire staff hates Miami.

You laid it all out...literally for the DB staff and the Lakeland staff.

Advertisement

They got the juice.

Now I'm gonna print this post and I'm gonna put it right beside my bed.

Sweet dreams are waiting me.

Advertisement
How south are you talking? Jupiter maybe. From Laudy down there’s a lot of UM fans. For the first time in my life I see more UM gear than FSU or UF at the gym. My son took the class mascot home a couple weeks ago. We had him wear the turnover chain and Jim Kelly’s Gators eat boogers T-shirt. We glued the photos to his memory book for show and tell.
He didn't say fans, he said ALUMS. Miami has more FANS than UiF and F$U in South Florida. It doesn't have more ALUMS.

it's a song by Lil Duval
it’s a reference to Dropping off..gotchu

Advertisement
Back