Kevin Patrick - Big3R - Stretch of a stretch but

So we’re just assuming that Patrick has some huge buyout because he just signed an extension, and Kool doesn’t at all ? Didn’t Kool just sign an extension/raise last year ?

If Kools salary got raise enough to keep him from going to the NFL last year , why can’t we afford to pay for Patrick with that money that’s now freed up ?
If KP agreed to a buyout as a position coach, then he’s too dumb to coach here. I wouldn’t want him.

Advertisement
Saying we can't afford KP is a ******* joke.

There is no way KPs buyout is over $500k. Can you fake insiders confirm or deny that since you're so in the know.

Secondly There is no way KP is getting paid more than $500k/yr by NCState. **** I'd say $400k is pushing it. Can you two fake insiders confirm or deny that?

Thirdly you "insiders" have no idea if Bama had to pay us a buyout for Coach Kool, do you? If we are supposed to believe KP has a buyout, wouldn't it make sense that the best ******* DL coach in the country also has a buyout, and that his buyout is at least as large as KPs? This is just simple logic. If that is the case then the buyouts will offset and this is a complete moot argument.

The point is saying we can't afford KP is simply stupid. We can afford him if we want him - The ONLY question is do we want to get him. If we think he's not worth that much money or think Partridge (who probably is cheaper) is a better deal then we may do that....or whatever. But the point is we can afford it.

But is he ready to become a DC. I think why you’ll hear CP or dude from Auburn is because they probably are more prepared to take over for Diaz once he bolts for a HC gig in 2 to 3 years. In this context KP isn’t the primary choice. Either way KP, CP, or Auburn dude are all home runs.
I don't think you base the decision on a hypothetical. Yes, Diaz might leave, but why should our next DL coach have to be the next DC? Why not just hire the best DL coach for the University of Miami D line? For that position, I think KP is the best hire.

Saying we can't afford KP is a ******* joke.

There is no way KPs buyout is over $500k. Can you fake insiders confirm or deny that since you're so in the know.

Secondly There is no way KP is getting paid more than $500k/yr by NCState. **** I'd say $400k is pushing it. Can you two fake insiders confirm or deny that?

Thirdly you "insiders" have no idea if Bama had to pay us a buyout for Coach Kool, do you? If we are supposed to believe KP has a buyout, wouldn't it make sense that the best ******* DL coach in the country also has a buyout, and that his buyout is at least as large as KPs? This is just simple logic. If that is the case then the buyouts will offset and this is a complete moot argument.

The point is saying we can't afford KP is simply stupid. We can afford him if we want him - The ONLY question is do we want to get him. If we think he's not worth that much money or think Partridge (who probably is cheaper) is a better deal then we may do that....or whatever. But the point is we can afford it.

I was going to mention this too NC ST aint bama or texas with huge budgets

Advertisement
I don't think you base the decision on a hypothetical. Yes, Diaz might leave, but why should our next DL coach have to be the next DC? Why not just hire the best DL coach for the University of Miami D line? For that position, I think KP is the best hire.

I think because Richt is big on loyalty and if he can control that aspect he will, even to a fault. I.e. his coaching staff. Only one outside of his circle just left for baga. We aren’t ready to be a puppy mill for coaches so until then I believe Richt will take this approach. Promote from inner circle.

I agree. I'm not worried about Diaz leaving. I like him, I think he's a good DC, and I think he fits our culture great. However I don't think he really does anything special defensively with his scheme and its not like he's a beast recruiter either. He has an attacking 43 scheme and he heavily blitzes. It isn't the most complicated thing in the world.

I agree. I'm not worried about Diaz leaving. I like him, I think he's a good DC, and I think he fits our culture great. However I don't think he really does anything special defensively with his scheme and its not like he's a beast recruiter either. He has an attacking 43 scheme and he heavily blitzes. It isn't the most complicated thing in the world.
I think because Richt is big on loyalty and if he can control that aspect he will, even to a fault. I.e. his coaching staff. Only one outside of his circle just left for baga. We aren’t ready to be a puppy mill for coaches so until then I believe Richt will take this approach. Promote from inner circle.
Not when it comes to hiring a DC. I don't think Coach Kool was ever going to be a DC, in Richt's circle or not. Anyone he hires for DL is going to be from the outside. Just get the best DL coach available, then when the time comes go out and find the best DC available that suits your needs. No reason to think the DL coach will be promoted to DC, or should be. Inner circle or not.

Advertisement

Didn’t they say manny was going to switch more to a 4-2-5 scheme seems unlikely now with our crappy corner depth

Didn’t they say manny was going to switch more to a 4-2-5 scheme seems unlikely now with our crappy corner depth
we're not going to be a base 425 team.
we'll use a 425 look obviously, because thats what our nickel defense is.

but when if the offense only has 2 wrs on the field, we're going to have 3 lbs.

You don't know what a 4-2-5 is. You dont have to have 10 corners. Most of the time its a 3rd safety on the field because they tackle better than corners. Hall would be a perfect fit to play the star position but diaz isn't going to a 4-2-5 anyway.

Here's is a link to NC State Head Coach Dave Doreon's contract extension. It also outlines the provision for the $750K pay increase for his assistant coaches.

It sounds like the asst got guaranteed money like Doreon did with extension. An if he or they leave the buyout is the balance of their contract. Ooooouch, if that is the case KP must be sick right now, unless he's had a Miami provision put in his coontract.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4320056-Dave-Doeren-s-contract.html#document/p3

Last edited:
Advertisement
You don't know what a 4-2-5 is. You dont have to have 10 corners. Most of the time its a 3rd safety on the field because they tackle better than corners. Hall would be a perfect fit to play the star position but diaz isn't going to a 4-2-5 anyway.

Lol yes i know what a 4-2-5 is,never said we need 10 corners i just said our corner depth sucks, depends on the personel but you need a good cover guy in the star to go against the slots because guarding the slot is harder than the boundary

Advertisement

KP is a HOF Miami Hurricane who can coach and kill the recruiting trail. Big difference.

Advertisement
Back