Kevin Patrick - Big3R - Stretch of a stretch but

PittsburghCane

Redshirt Freshman
Disclaimer: They did not outright ask Kevin if he wants the job as he is currently employed at NC State, and he is a friend of the show going back so they didnt want to burn bridges.

BUT....

Listening to a small exchange between KP and Newberg (yes that Newberg) on the podcast

Newberg: (To KP concerning current offseason) You and I always say things will work out as they should...we will see if things work out the way they should huh?
KP: (Knowingly Laughs) We'll see. Sure. They always do....everything happens the way it should, just need a little nudging for it.
Newberg: Sometimes you just need an opportunity for it right?
KP: Put a boot in there (Kev background: Phone Call)

Take it how you want, listen to it yourself 1:09:30 Mark.

IMO Obviously Newberg was hinting at the Miami job, KP caught it and sounds like, once again this is my opinion, like he is looking for Miami to extend that offer, which Newberg alluded to. And Once KP says foot in the door it sealed it for me that he wants in. Add to that, that its rumored he really tired of moving the fam, what better then setting up shop at home in the 561-305?

If Richt and Co. offer, I think hes ours.

Extra juice: Your boy (KP) sounds like he could rap with any parents on the trail and that kids would look up to him the right way. I think he's our home run hire. Passion for the school, proven track record coaching, proven recruiter, back home where he has connections. SIGN ME UP.

Advertisement
Did they talk about his 14 million dollar buyout or his 30 year contract extension?

Did @330 Cane make a cameo or guest appearance?

That stretch would make Mr. Fantastic blush. But I think KP should be the obvious choice to replace Tool. Let's hope it's not some off the radar Incarnate Word guy or another Diaz valet.
Much respect Chise. Definitely a stretch. Grabbing at straws with the little bit of info we have. When I heard it tho his voice and reaction makes me think there is something there.

Did they talk about his 14 million dollar buyout or his 30 year contract extension?

Did @330 Cane make a cameo or guest appearance?

Im assuming that @330 Cane came up those fake news numbers lol?

Some insight on the money bruh:

Patrick, who is married and has daughters ages 15 and 12, is listed by USA Today as having made $350,000 at North Carolina State in 2017. Kuligowski made $362,500 at Missouri his last season there in 2015, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, and got a raise at UM, though Miami is a private school and does not disclose its salaries.

Verdict: We can pay way more and he **** sure ain't got no buyout like that on $350,000 a year believe that.

Advertisement
06umhall4-10-15PATRICK_CP_fitted

Im assuming that @330 Cane came up those fake news numbers lol?

Some insight on the money bruh:

Patrick, who is married and has daughters ages 15 and 12, is listed by USA Today as having made $350,000 at North Carolina State in 2017. Kuligowski made $362,500 at Missouri his last season there in 2015, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, and got a raise at UM, though Miami is a private school and does not disclose its salaries.

Verdict: We can pay way more and he **** sure ain't got no buyout like that on $350,000 a year believe that.

You're still working with numbers from last year (prior to Doeren's extension and NC State commiting an extra 750k to the Assistant Pool) the extension is definitely not for 350k/year, bruh

You're still working with numbers from last year (prior to Doeren's extension and NC State commiting an extra 750k to the Assistant Pool) the extension is definitely not for 350k/year, bruh
Respect. That said, 750 spread over 10 is 75k a coach. And they already distributed that. so even if they wanted to sweeten his deal they would be tied on that since they already added funds. Money doesn't grow on trees. And unless they gave him an extra 300k, which we can probably be sure they didn't, he's not making a contract that substantiates the numbers above.

Most HEAD coaches buyouts are less than 10 million let alone a non coordinator position coach. Cmon now bruh.

Respect. That said, 750 spread over 10 is 75k a coach. And they already distributed that. so even if they wanted to sweeten his deal they would be tied on that since they already added funds. Money doesn't grow on trees. And unless they gave him an extra 300k, which we can probably be sure they didn't, he's not making a contract that substantiates the numbers above.

Most HEAD coaches buyouts are less than 10 million let alone a non coordinator position coach. Cmon now bruh.

Why do you think Patke's our 10th coach and Urban can go out and get a top COORDINATOR as his 10th. Some schools are flush with it and we aren't, bruh. Don't give me nonsense about a billion dollar endowment, look around at the projects that are upgrading campus if you want to know where that money is going. If KP put pen to paper on an 3-year extension last week, he isn't coming period.

Advertisement
Why do you think Patke's our 10th coach and Urban can go out and get a top COORDINATOR as his 10th. Some schools are flush with it and we aren't, bruh. Don't give me nonsense about a billion dollar endowment, look around at the projects that are upgrading campus if you want to know where that money is going. If KP put pen to paper on an 3-year extension last week, he isn't coming period.
None of us can speak on how much money we give our coaches becasue their private and don't give numbers. With that said I can only assume Miami wants someone that will be here for a while and not leave in 1-2 years like Taven or the dude from Wash. But to play devils advocate to my own point maybe we don't have the funds and thats that. But I am willing to be for a top DL coach and recruiter, and the fact that they just open up room in the budget for an Assistant head coaches salary, I think we coulad at least give KP 150 percent of his current deal not to mention bring him and the fam home.

What you think? Avi bet? I think hes the next coach tbh. Also, who you think we pull?

One other counterpoint, not trying to snowball but just noticed. Those aren't exactly top coordinators. Dude from Temple and a dude from Wash St. Not top Coordinators.

One other counterpoint, not trying to snowball but just noticed. Those aren't exactly top coordinators. Dude from Temple and a dude from Wash St. Not top Coordinators.

1st certainly down to put the avi up, I don't think KP will even interview. I think Chuck Partridge is a much more likely hire, don't have any direct intel on that just don't see us getting Rocker. 2nd, more to the point that they have the cash to pay their 10th assistant 800k, and Grinch is pretty well respected especially with his secondary work.

Advertisement
1st certainly down to put the avi up, I don't think KP will even interview. I think Chuck Partridge is a much more likely hire, don't have any direct intel on that just don't see us getting Rocker. 2nd, more to the point that they have the cash to pay their 10th assistant 800k, and Grinch is pretty well respected especially with his secondary work.
True that on Ohio State. He is a good coach and they have the cash. Wish we could see our contracts.
If Patrick signs you change the AVI to Willie Taggart for a week. Ill do the same if its Partridge ill do the same.

The fact that it could be one or the other of two tremendous options has me excited. Especially since alot of the Florida DLinemen are really intriguing compared to last year.

They are going to have to pay a buyout and give the new d-line coach a raise regardless of who they hire. Unless they bring in somebody who is jobless right now.

True that on Ohio State. He is a good coach and they have the cash. Wish we could see our contracts.
If Patrick signs you change the AVI to Willie Taggart for a week. Ill do the same if its Partridge ill do the same.

The fact that it could be one or the other of two tremendous options has me excited. Especially since alot of the Florida DLinemen are really intriguing compared to last year.

100% unfortunately this is the downside to getting good again, staff attrition is gonna happen. IMHO just wish we still had Kool and surprised how much hate he got here

Advertisement

Rocker makes $500K. UT published salaries two weeks ago. Gaines makes $600K at Auburn. Kul made in the neighborhood of $500K. Whatever bump Kevin got, it is most likely below $500K. If momma calls, I'm sure money won't be an issue. We will spend just as much if not more on Charlie Partridge. You can bank on that.

I would assume KP would take the same amount he is making at NC State to go to a MUCH better school, his alma mater, his home town, no state income tax, and fantastic job security under Richt.

It is what it is but would love to know what went down with Kul.

100% unfortunately this is the downside to getting good again, staff attrition is gonna happen. IMHO just wish we still had Kool and surprised how much hate he got here

Might have been me - but I think I detected a whisper that the other coaches and staff were a bit irritated at Kool for his half-assed recruiting efforts and results.

AND, that sorry SOB could have done this weeks earlier - and it sure would have made finding a replacement a lot easier.

I'm not sure how much hate Kool got earlier - but you can sure add my name to the list now.

Might have been me - but I think I detected a whisper that the other coaches and staff were a bit irritated at Kool for his half-assed recruiting efforts and results.

AND, that sorry SOB could have done this weeks earlier - and it sure would have made finding a replacement a lot easier.

I'm not sure how much hate Kool got earlier - but you can sure add my name to the list now.

Dunbar didn't take the Steelers job until 2 weeks ago...

Advertisement
Back