Kevin Patrick - Big3R - Stretch of a stretch but

Here's is a link to NC State Head Coach Dave Doreon's contract extension. It also outlines the provision for the $750K pay increase for his assistant coaches.

It sounds like the asst got guaranteed money like Doreon did with extension. An he or they leave the buyout is the balance of the contract. Ooooouch, if that is the case KP must be sick right now, unless her had a Miami provision put in his coontract.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4320056-Dave-Doeren-s-contract.html#document/p3
Nice find P

Advertisement
Nice find P

The only silver lining I could see is that if KP was one of the 1st people to get one of these new extended contracts And if it did have the guaranteed money clause then that would now give all the other assistance pause to sign their contract extensions realising if they want to leave they could be on the hook to the school to.

Go Canes

The only silver lining I could see is that if KP was one of the 1st people to get one of these new extended contracts And if it did have the guaranteed money clause then that would now give all the other assistance pause to sign their contract extensions realising if they want to leave they could be on the hook to the school to.

Go Canes
Definitely a different situation, seems like the timing is the worst part for both sides. Really think if the job opened up a week earlier KP would be the leader in the clubhouse. Can't blame State and think you'll see a lot more of this in the future especially if they're guaranteed years like this

The only thing that would be more expensive is the cost to buy a house. And its not like living in Raleigh is dirt cheap or something.
I have 2 step-sisters-in-laws that have lived in the outskirts of Raleigh for over 30 years. They live in the burbs so they can afford to buy groceries and put gas in their cars.

Advertisement
So we’re just assuming that Patrick has some huge buyout because he just signed an extension, and Kool doesn’t at all ? Didn’t Kool just sign an extension/raise last year ?

If Kools salary got raise enough to keep him from going to the NFL last year , why can’t we afford to pay for Patrick with that money that’s now freed up ?
If Kool had a buyout, that would mean Alabaga would have to pay the buyout to the U correct?

I asked if we were switching to a 4-2-5 because someone brought that up a few back, i said no sh¡t we would put 3 LBs out when they have 2 wide sets, we still put 3 LBs out in 3 wide and go cover one with redwine on the slot at times
in a 425 base front, they run 5 dbs as their base formation even when the offense has 2wrs on the field.
So...

Advertisement
Saying we can't afford KP is a ******* joke.

There is no way KPs buyout is over $500k. Can you fake insiders confirm or deny that since you're so in the know.

Secondly There is no way KP is getting paid more than $500k/yr by NCState. **** I'd say $400k is pushing it. Can you two fake insiders confirm or deny that?

Thirdly you "insiders" have no idea if Bama had to pay us a buyout for Coach Kool, do you? If we are supposed to believe KP has a buyout, wouldn't it make sense that the best ******* DL coach in the country also has a buyout, and that his buyout is at least as large as KPs? This is just simple logic. If that is the case then the buyouts will offset and this is a complete moot argument.

The point is saying we can't afford KP is simply stupid. We can afford him if we want him - The ONLY question is do we want to get him. If we think he's not worth that much money or think Partridge (who probably is cheaper) is a better deal then we may do that....or whatever. But the point is we can afford it.
Ok I'll play along. You have absolutely NO idea how the business of college football works. I said KP wasn't coming, period. KP signed his contract last week. KP CANNOT afford the hit as UM would have to double his salary for KP to make the move and Miami will NOT do that. Miami does not have Bama's football money, I promise. Bama's staff has a payroll of nearly 20 million so if Kool has to take a hit on his UM contract it will be absorbed by the money Bama is paying him. My source in this matter is impeccable.

Money is not the problem, they were paying kool a lot too
Exactly the point. All the ramblings about who's making what, who's got a buyout and how much is irrelevant. Go get the best DC and be done with it!

Ok I'll play along. You have absolutely NO idea how the business of college football works. I said KP wasn't coming, period. KP signed his contract last week. KP CANNOT afford the hit as UM would have to double his salary for KP to make the move and Miami will NOT do that. Miami does not have Bama's football money, I promise. Bama's staff has a payroll of nearly 20 million so if Kool has to take a hit on his UM contract it will be absorbed by the money Bama is paying him. My source in this matter is impeccable.

You literally didn't answer a single question I asked, and we all know why- because you don't actually know ****.

I don't know why you continue to say KP cannot afford the hit. and yeah we'd essentially have to double his salary but only on the initial year which counts the buyout - Thats what I literally already showed. That doesn't change the fact that if Kool had a buyout they could literally cancel out. Again, your claiming Miami doesn't have the money. Thats complete BS.
I completely doubt you know anything about KP, but even if you did, that doesn't change ****. cause the fact of the matter is, if we want him and are willing to pay his buyout and match his current salary, he'll be a Cane. You have no idea if we'll do that or not.

What do you actually know mr insider? Cause so far you haven't actually said ****.
1) What is KP's current salary, and what is the total value of his contract on his 3 yr extension that can't go past 2020?
2) What is KP's buyout?
3) What was Coach Kools buyout?
4) How much were we planning on paying Kool in 2018 and 2019?

If you can't answer those 4 questions stop pretending to be an insider.

Advertisement

Go Canes

So now the next question is did he sign one of them new contracts or not

Advertisement
Here's is a link to NC State Head Coach Dave Doreon's contract extension. It also outlines the provision for the $750K pay increase for his assistant coaches.

It sounds like the asst got guaranteed money like Doreon did with extension. An he or they leave the buyout is the balance of the contract. Ooooouch, if that is the case KP must be sick right now, unless her had a Miami provision put in his coontract.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4320056-Dave-Doeren-s-contract.html#document/p3
Doesn't mention who exactly got part of that pay increase. Maybe KP did. Still, that contract doesn't mention that the assistants would have to buyout the rest of their contract. Doeren would if he were to leave, which is standard for head coaches, but I've still never heard of an assistant having to buyout the rest of their contract.

Amazing how two dudes from Ohio have the inside track on the situation.

330 just joined CiS to be exclusive to the Patrick threads. TheGoodButtPlumber riding up his rear to try and legitimize the claim.

Yea, I mean here’s a legit question I had asked 330 on another thread:

You just joined a couple of days ago and are claiming exclusive knowledge on a contract extension which quite frankly only 2 or 3 people could know the details of, if it exists.

So assuming you are being truthful, why was it so important to you, the holder of this exclusive knowledge, to go to the trouble of signing up for an account on CIS, to pass on this knowledge?

So, if I can get some rationale here I might be more open minded about believing this, otherwise....

Exactly the point. All the ramblings about who's making what, who's got a buyout and how much is irrelevant. Go get the best DC and be done with it!
Yea, I mean here’s a legit question I had asked 330 on another thread:

So, if I can get some rationale here I might be more open minded about believing this, otherwise....

Easy question for you, when is the interview?

Advertisement
Back