Keontra Smith Junior Day tidbit

THIS!!! But I’m taking Smith as well just cause I think Richards got his mind set on offense. Plus Smith clearly wants to be a cane and he’s a dawg.
Brendan Gant is a take at Safety over Smith. Imo Smith is the kinda guy we take as a commit after we figure out how the rest of the DB board plays out.

Advertisement
Brendan Gant is a take at Safety over Smith. Imo Smith is the kinda guy we take as a commit after we figure out how the rest of the DB board plays out.

Yeah, lol, then he decides he doesn't want to be anyone's plan B and signs somewhere else like Asante Samuel last year, leaving us high and dry when Gant goes to Bama and Battle goes to OSU. Then, you'll be on here blaming Richt and company for slowplaying him.

Year after year the coaches and fans slowplay stud local kids, only to see them give us the finger when we come calling after we've missed on everyone else. Samuel is going to be a thorn in our side for years.

It's not like we're returning a 3 deep of AA's in 2019 at safety and can afford to be super choosy. We have basically Hall, Smith, and Carter coming back and a bunch of JAGs or question marks behind them. We should be taking 3 safeties this class - that's plenty enough spots to use one to take an elite kid like Smith, then save the other two for Battle, Stevenson, Gant, or whomever else is left on the board.

Spaghetti been busy with basketball he’ll get back to being a regular on campus, everybody was praising the kid a few months ago and now that he hasn’t been on campus y’all done switched up.
Crazy thing is he just visited a few weeks back and was the first Miami recruit ever to wear the all black jerseys. Had a pearsonalized visit that day to as well

Advertisement
It’s an embarrassment of riches down here. When UM is right, and we’re right now, it’s more about picking the best guy than it is having to sell too hard. When you have consistently 3 or 4 spots available at a position and 8 guys who could be elite college players you better be an excellent evaluator.

Battle
Smith
Stevenson

That’s my ideal safety class. Don’t think Sanguetti is a safety with his size. Thinking more of a nickel.

Advertisement
Ohio State leads by a lot based on what I have heard. I hope I am wrong though. Its still early, however.
Got ya. And you've heard from people you know associated with him and/or STA or just from recruiting coverage?

Would be a shame to lose out on Battle to Urban

Advertisement

They play two whole different positions. I thought Smith was a Plan B type too because of his size. I finally watched his tape yesterday and the first play (and all of the other ones) of his highlight reminds me of Trajan (yes i know Trajan isnt a safety but theyre similar sizes and hit like Mac trucks)...

They play two whole different positions. I thought Smith was a Plan B type too because of his size. I finally watched his tape yesterday and the first play (and all of the other ones) of his highlight reminds me of Trajan (yes i know Trajan isnt a safety but theyre similar sizes and hit like Mac trucks)...

5'9 185
vs. 5'11 200?

Not a flame, just saying...This kid's a lot bigger.

Advertisement
Yeah, lol, then he decides he doesn't want to be anyone's plan B and signs somewhere else like Asante Samuel last year, leaving us high and dry when Gant goes to Bama and Battle goes to OSU. Then, you'll be on here blaming Richt and company for slowplaying him.

Year after year the coaches and fans slowplay stud local kids, only to see them give us the finger when we come calling after we've missed on everyone else. Samuel is going to be a thorn in our side for years.

It's not like we're returning a 3 deep of AA's in 2019 at safety and can afford to be super choosy. We have basically Hall, Smith, and Carter coming back and a bunch of JAGs or question marks behind them. We should be taking 3 safeties this class - that's plenty enough spots to use one to take an elite kid like Smith, then save the other two for Battle, Stevenson, Gant, or whomever else is left on the board.
The problem with this is Asante Jr should have been a take the entire time. Keontra Smith isn't even a pure S. He's a hybrid S/LB. And we're already taking 4 LBs this class. Plus we have Frierson and Blades who potentially could move to Safety in the future.
The top safeties imo are Battle, Richards, and Gant. Stevenson also if you don't count him as a Corner. Those 4 are all takes. Three of them haven't picked a school yet. I absolutely would want to get a sense of how this DB class will play out before accepting a commitment from Smith. December is ******* 8 months away dude - if he's even going to sign early. We have plenty of time.
I've said this but:
1. Stevenson
2. Chris Steele
4. Jaden Davis
5. Jordan Battle
6. Kaiir Elam
7. Brendan Gant
8. Josh Sanguinetti
9. Te'Corey Couch
And of course Richards and McIntosh have a spot.

So imo you take the highest 5-6 AND Richards and McIntosh and thats our DB class. Im sure I missed a couple guys, but the point is Keonta Smith as a hybrid shouldn't be one of our top priorities.

The problem with this is Asante Jr should have been a take the entire time. Keontra Smith isn't even a pure S. He's a hybrid S/LB. And we're already taking 4 LBs this class. Plus we have Frierson and Blades who potentially could move to Safety in the future.
The top safeties imo are Battle, Richards, and Gant. Stevenson also if you don't count him as a Corner. Those 4 are all takes. Three of them haven't picked a school yet. I absolutely would want to get a sense of how this DB class will play out before accepting a commitment from Smith. December is ******* 8 months away dude - if he's even going to sign early. We have plenty of time.
I've said this but:
1. Stevenson
2. Chris Steele
4. Jaden Davis
5. Jordan Battle
6. Kaiir Elam
7. Brendan Gant
8. Josh Sanguinetti
9. Te'Corey Couch

So imo you take the highest 5-6 AND Richards and McIntosh and thats our DB class. Im sure I missed a couple guys, but the point is Keonta Smith as a hybrid shouldn't be one of our top priorities.

Why are all you're takes so bad?

How is Smith not capable of being a true S. He posted a 4.5 laser 40 at the Miami Opening and some of the best testing numbers there. He's an excellent athlete, even by Safety standards. If Jaquan can be a good safety, so can Smith. Plus just watch his film. He moves well, can hit, and cover. Seems like a prototypical SS to me.

Thankfully, the coaches realize this is a kid you take. Steele, Gant, Elam are all ridiculous longshots, waiting on those guys is a great way to end up with 3 jags at DB. You really just don't get how recruiting works. Not even Bama can just wait on all their top options

Why are all you're takes so bad?

How is Smith not capable of being a true S. He posted a 4.5 laser 40 at the Miami Opening and some of the best testing numbers there. He's an excellent athlete, even by Safety standards. If Jaquan can be a good safety, so can Smith. Plus just watch his film. He moves well, can hit, and cover. Seems like a prototypical SS to me.

Thankfully, the coaches realize this is a kid you take. Steele, Gant, Elam are all ridiculous longshots, waiting on those guys is a great way to end up with 3 jags at DB. You really just don't get how recruiting works. Not even Bama can just wait on all their top options
Did I say he can't be a good safety? No. I said "He isn't a pure safety". Idk if you watched his highlight tape, but he's basically a ******* LB. Sorry but hybrid S/LBs are not high priorities in my eyes. Out of those players I listed WHO EXACTLY is he a take over?
I'll list them again for you:
1. Stevenson
2. Chris Steele
3. Jaden Davis
4. Jordan Battle
5. Kaiir Elam
6. Brendan Gant
7. Josh Sanguinetti
8. Te'Corey Couch

We will take 5-6 DBs (not including Richards or McIntosh who very well could play safety). How many of those guys are you passing up to take Smith? Thats the ******* question dude. we have no DBs committed right now, and there are 8 months till ESD in December. Plus we are already taking 4 LBs. There is plenty of time to make a move for a Hybrid S/LB, but he should not be the highest priortity right now. Obviously recruit him, but no way in **** he's a take over any of those 10 guys I listed.

Advertisement
Back