Kelly Bryant is transferring from Clemson.....

If he does that how will Richt gain that competitive advantage against UNC that posters on here believe he is doing by not naming the obvious choice at QB?

i think richt, himself, mentioned that and also he shouldn't announce his starter till Fedora announces his.

Advertisement
Dabo better hope Lawrence doesn't get hurt or this will be bad for him. He could have kept rotating themin games.....Bryant was a senior anyway and would be gone after this season. If Bryant was stinking it up or making dumb mistakes than I see a change but he's played well

Advertisement
I feel for Bryant, but Dabo is absolutely doing the right thing. Coaches constantly preach competition to there young players. If coach plays one player over another who is better simply because he's older, then coach risks having his young guys checkout. They stop competing because they feel like coach ain't gonna play me anyway.

As far as Bryant transferring, he has to do what's best for him.

I feel for Bryant, but Dabo is absolutely doing the right thing. Coaches constantly preach competition to there young players. If coach plays one player over another who is better simply because he's older, then coach risks having his young guys checkout. They stop competing because they feel like coach ain't gonna play me anyway.

and dabo knows wasting a year of lawrence isnt wise. hes only got 3 years w him till he declares and get him in there now so hes more than ready for year 2 and 3.

Dabo better hope Lawrence doesn't get hurt or this will be bad for him. He could have kept rotating themin games.....Bryant was a senior anyway and would be gone after this season. If Bryant was stinking it up or making dumb mistakes than I see a change but he's played well
He hasn't played well. He only has 2 td passes and lawrence has 9. The offense was struggling vs gt and lawrence came in the 2nd half and threw 4tds.

Advertisement
Bryant is better than Malik, so is Hurts. He got flucked by football politics, cause they knew dude was starting, and probably dam neared guaranteed him when recruiting him. College Football is a dirty game , but I guarantee if we had a career 65% passer, we probably would have been in the playoffs last year.

Clemson saw what happens in the playoffs when you bring a knife (Bryant) to a gunfight. They're not playing just to get invited, they're playing to win the championship. Quarterback play was one of their weak spots last season and they needed to upgrade if they were going to improve. Kelly Bryant is an OK quarterback. Clemson is banking on Lawrence putting them over the top.

Also, I'm not so sure Kelly Bryant is any better than Jalen Hurts. He completed a high percentage of passes but his yards per attempt is very low, thus his below average QB rating.

Has nothing to do with "competition", it's about Swinney being too pu$$y to tell Bryant that Lawrence was better.

Coaches kill me with the doublespeak...in one breath they say "compete" against a teammate, then in another breath they say "fight for the man next to you"...pu$$ies.

Advertisement
Good , now let’s have richt tote the good line and tell malik he isn’t starting so we will be done with that and that way he could pursue somewhere else to play a final year of football with the new grad transfer rule. If rosier plays in 1 play vs unc then his eligibility is done. If you know he isn’t starting then sometimes you got to look out for the kid whether they are good or not(always will thank malik for beating FSU regardless how he plays).
Did you skip the first two pages of this thread? Malik is a redshirt senior. His eligibility is done after this year no matter what happens.

Advertisement
Good for him. If he was a low 50% passer, who looked like he didn't listen to his coaches, and had poor mechanics, then sure bench him.

If you go to the **** CFP your first year starting, and continue your hot streak then next year, well then **** my friend **** that. Pull a Russell Wilson and get drafted high. Good luck kid

I hope we knock Lawrence out of the game and their stuck with a WR playing QB in the ACC Championship. That'll learn Dabo good. I hate that ******* and it has nothing to do with this. Yeah yeah, I know he got rid of ****face and his jersey douche buddy, still don't like him one iota.

Go Canes!

I have no issues with Dabo benching Bryant and I have no issues with Bryant transferring. You play the better player. If you feel the team is better with a different quarterback, you go with him regardless of the other guy's record.

This is just another reason you don't judge a quarterback solely on wins and losses.

Bryant is a talented QB - he should have no shortage of suitors. Not sure if Dabo will be a d**k and place restrictions on the kid. If not, then he will have his choice of multiple attractive destinations.

Advertisement
Back