Kelly Bryant is transferring from Clemson.....

Stat comparison. Dude just isn't a very good passer. In order for Clemson to beat a Bama or OSU they need someone that get the ball down the field through the air.

Rosier vs Bryant in 2017
Rating: 131.1 vs 131.5
TD's: 26 vs 13
INT's: 13 vs 8
YPA: 7.5 vs 7.0
YPC: 3.6 vs 3.5

Completion %:
Rosier - 54.0%
Bryant - 65.8%

Can we not compare Bryant to Rosier? Not saying Bryant is elite, but they are not the same player

Advertisement
I would expect different play calling when you're going from a QB who's limited as a passer to one who's arm strength is his greatest attribute. Notice how much Alabama's offense opened up when they made the switch from Hurts to Tua? The coaches know what their quarterbacks can and can't do and tailor the offense to that. We've seen 2 1/2 years of Malik Rosier offense here to know this.

Bryant is better than Malik, so is Hurts. He got flucked by football politics, cause they knew dude was starting, and probably dam neared guaranteed him when recruiting him. College Football is a dirty game , but I guarantee if we had a career 65% passer, we probably would have been in the playoffs last year.

Last edited:
This is Bryant's way of telling everybody that he knows Lawrence is the better QB, but just doesn't want to admit it. Instead, he puts the blame on Dabo for not giving him a fair chance.

Advertisement
Kid waited his turn during the Watson era and did nothing wrong. I get that Lawrence is the goods but this is a bad look for Swinney IMO.

Disagree. This is D1 football; not everyone gets to play.

It would be a bad look if he played Bryant more than four games, which would bar him from transferring for this year and would rob him of his redshirt. Swinney simply went with the better guy and allowed Bryant the opportunity to pursue opportunities elsewhere. There's nothing wrong with that and I actually think he handled it well.

Advertisement
Should've been a bit more clear, Bryant makes it seem like he was never given a fair shake to win the job after his pretty solid success at the program.
Should've been a bit more clear, Bryant makes it seem like he was never given a fair shake to win the job after his pretty solid success at the program.

He may feel that way but that doesn't mean he didn't get a fair shot. He was splitting reps and Lawrence has been putting up better numbers. Similar situation here I think. And all Swinney was going to do is switch the order not bench him. It looks like he was going to continue getting reps and given a chance to still compete. Got to earn it on the field just like people on here are clamoring for Richt to base his personnel decisions on.

I say he may go to Arkansas, since he has some familiarity with the Chad Morris offense. They are pretty bad right now.

Advertisement
Good , now let’s have richt tote the good line and tell malik he isn’t starting so we will be done with that and that way he could pursue somewhere else to play a final year of football with the new grad transfer rule. If rosier plays in 1 play vs unc then his eligibility is done. If you know he isn’t starting then sometimes you got to look out for the kid whether they are good or not(always will thank malik for beating FSU regardless how he plays).

Advertisement
Good , now let’s have richt tote the good liine and tell malik he isn’t starting so we will be done with that and that way he could pursue somewhere else to play a final year of football with the new grad transfer rule

If he does that how will Richt gain that competitive advantage against UNC that posters on here believe he is doing by not naming the obvious choice at QB?

he got his feelings hurt thats why he gone, its the smart move for Clemson cause the other kid is way better.

Advertisement
Back