Kelly Bryant is transferring from Clemson.....

Advertisement
We should inquire about Bryant.

Can't tell if serious or not but why would he want to come here only to face the same situation? He'll either go to D2 for a year and then come back to a team that needs a QB or find a school where he's guaranteed to start next season.

How is it weak? He sat behind Watson, waited his turn, did everything he was asked to do on and off the field, led his team to the CFP last year, and was completing 66% of passes through the 1st 4 games this season. Dude wants to play ball and Clemson wants to go with the talented Frosh. Both sides win.
Easy to complete 66% of your passes when you are throwing short passes. Bryant isn't a good passer especially downfield and thats why they went with lawrence. He threw only 13 tds last year and had 8 picks.

Kid waited his turn during the Watson era and did nothing wrong. I get that Lawrence is the goods but this is a bad look for Swinney IMO.

I don't think it is a bad look for him. This is big boy football - next (better) guy up. What's he supposed to do - not play the better player? No different than what Saban has been doing for years.

Advertisement
What? Is it a bad look for Richt to bench Malik? He waited his turn too. Lawrence is on another planet compared to Bryant. If these QB’s were on our team this entire board would have been calling for Richt’s head if he didn’t name Lawrence the starter in fall camp.
Exactly....people think they made it to the playoff due to him last year. No it was due to their defense and running game.

He threw for 13 TD's last and 8 int's. If he played for us everyone would have wanted Richts head if still had him as starter.

Not a bad look to play your best players. I feel bad for Bryant, but Lawrence is a better qb plain and simple.

What? Is it a bad look for Richt to bench Malik? He waited his turn too. Lawrence is on another planet compared to Bryant. If these QB’s were on our team this entire board would have been calling for Richt’s head if he didn’t name Lawrence the starter in fall camp.

I agree but in terms of the article, Bryant doesn't hold back in saying Dabo was pandering to Lawrence since he got on campus. Hard to win a QB battle that's settled from day 1. Should've made it known to him much sooner rather than have this media ****storm.

Easy to complete 66% of your passes when you are throwing short passes. Bryant isn't a good passer especially downfield and thats why they went with lawrence. He threw only 13 td passes last year and had 8 picks.

He completed 65.8% of his passes last season too. I'm not blaming Clemson for going with the better QB, but I do have a problem with people blaming the kid for transferring.

Advertisement
Can't tell if serious or not but why would he want to come here only to face the same situation? He'll either go to D2 for a year and then come back to a team that needs a QB or find a school where he's guaranteed to start next season.
FCS/JUCO is not an option. He has one year of eligibility remaining regardless of which school he goes to. He doesn't have to sit out a season because technically this is a red shirt season for him.

FCS/JUCO is not an option. He has one year of eligibility remaining regardless of which school he goes to. He doesn't have to sit out a season because technically this is a red shirt season for him.

My bad. Thought he was a true sophomore.

Ooooh.. They're one bad sack away from their season going from Sugar to chit, lol. I saw that coming He got benched for nothing, and I was talking to one of my Clemson friends about how the play calling was different the last game between both QBs. After the replay, he was right. They did call a different set of plays between the two. Well good luck with their Golden boy. Let's get to the ACC Championship game. The real season starts tomorrow.

Advertisement
Kid waited his turn during the Watson era and did nothing wrong. I get that Lawrence is the goods but this is a bad look for Swinney IMO.

that smacks to me like entitlement simply because you have "waited your turn" you deserve to start. Apply that to our current qb situation maybe for a better frame of reference.

Ooooh.. They're one bad sack away from their season going from Sugar to chit, lol. I saw that coming He got benched for nothing, and I was talking to one of my Clemson friends about how the play calling was different the last game between both QBs. After the replay, he was right. They did call a different set of plays between the two. Well good luck with their Golden boy. Let's get to the ACC Championship game. The real season starts tomorrow.

I would expect different play calling when you're going from a QB who's limited as a passer to one who's arm strength is his greatest attribute. Notice how much Alabama's offense opened up when they made the switch from Hurts to Tua? The coaches know what their quarterbacks can and can't do and tailor the offense to that. We've seen 2 1/2 years of Malik Rosier offense here to know this.

Stat comparison. Dude just isn't a very good passer. In order for Clemson to beat a Bama or OSU they need someone that get the ball down the field through the air.

Rosier vs Bryant in 2017
Rating: 131.1 vs 131.5
TD's: 26 vs 13
INT's: 13 vs 8
YPA: 7.5 vs 7.0
YPC: 3.6 vs 3.5

Advertisement
that smacks to me like entitlement simply because you have "waited your turn" you deserve to start. Apply that to our current qb situation maybe for a better frame of reference.

Should've been a bit more clear, Bryant makes it seem like he was never given a fair shake to win the job after his pretty solid success at the program.

When you only have a season left of a defensive line that's all slated to go in the 1st round, you do what you have to do. I know if we were in Clemson's position, I'd be furious as Richt to not better our chances at a national title, just to appease the feelings of the upperclassmen. Lawrence will only get better from here on out and gives them a much better chance against Bama in the playoffs.

I think that unless you are Bagma and have 12 5* QBs waithing to play, many top programs face this problem. The truth is that now Clemson is one injury away from a disaster. I do not blame any kid for transfering to get playing time. This is especially true when the guy has done all that is asked of him and is simply passed by a younger player. Living in Tampa Bay, I am intrigued by the idea of him playing for the Bulls. Stong has done a very good job with transfers..............

Advertisement
Back