Kelly Bryant is transferring from Clemson.....

He also threw for 124 yards with 2 picks against Bama when it counted most.
Dude was getting demolished by Alabamas D line,
I'm not saying he's not good. My 'game-manager' comment was incorrect. He's a decent passer and a good runner. ****, he torched us last year. &hit, I wish we had him!

That said, have you seen Lawrence throw the pill? Kid is the goods, bro. He opens up their offense - a lot. It's a gamble, but it's hard to justify leaving Lawrence on the bench.

Now I hope Dabo is completely wrong. As in &hit the bed horribly wrong. I hope Lawrence has the Freshman jitters the rest of the season and we pound his ***.
Hey Im happy, Clemson has less depth without Bryant, this is good for us. Yes Lawrence is very talented, but if you watched the TExas A&M game I dont think they win without Bryant in that game. It was also obvious that the Coach trusted Bryant on the road over Lawrence. Besides have you seen the rest of their schedule? Their hardest game is vs Duke in November. Who were they gonna lose to the rest of the season?? He shouldve kept the same strategy the next 2 months..He totally ****ed this up

Advertisement
Dude was getting demolished by Alabamas D line,

Hey Im happy, Clemson has less depth without Bryant, this is good for us. Yes Lawrence is very talented, but if you watched the TExas A&M game I dont think they win without Bryant in that game. It was also obvious that the Coach trusted Bryant on the road over Lawrence. Besides have you seen the rest of their schedule? Their hardest game is vs Duke in November. Who were they gonna lose to the rest of the season?? He shouldve kept the same strategy the next 2 months..He totally ****ed this up

I hope like **** you are correct!

Rosier cant transfer unless he get a medical redshirt. To grad transfer he would have had to graduate last season, left in the offseason and played on another team this current season.

Btw, Bryant is not beating any of the top playoff contenders imo. He may even struggle against us next time. Lawrence may not be able to beat those team this year because of his lack of experience but he does have the ability to do it, so maybe Dabo is playing the long game. Maybe he is ready by season's end, surely next season. Bryant gets the ability to transfer, i feel bad for him but other positions get demoted all the time. Everyone wants Feagles benched, there is no crying. Only QBs people cry over when they get passed up for another player

Advertisement
Lol at the people who say he shouldnt transfer because hes not an NFL qb.

So what. Its even more reason why he should. Not everyone gets a shot to play 4 years of college ball. He has the right to not want to sit the bench his last year.

Last edited:
To all the folks knocking Bryant, and suggesting he wasn't a key cog to Clemson winning last year ... Y'all, clearly, were not on the CFP committee last year.

Because, according to the committee, the only reason Clemson wasn't undefeated was because Bryant was hurt in the Syracuse game.

That doesn't sound like a guy who was inconsequential to the team's success, IMO.

Im still having flashbacks of the acc championship game

Bryant should stay but Dabo screwed the pooch on this one and forced the kid's hand. Lawrence could easily get injured and put him back in the driver's seat, but Kelly feels betrayed because Lawrence is a true fresher and there's no need to force the kid on the field at the expense of Bryant's future. Bryant feels (rightfully) it's his team and wanted the opportunity to lead them back to the playoffs.

Bryant is also entitled to be upset because he's done everything Dabo asked him to do and should have every opportunity to shine as a senior the way Deshaun Watson did. Not sure what the fair shot business is about but Dabo's indignance and snyde comment about "middle school" did nothing to discredit that notion. Kelly Bryant was used to prop up Lawrence and maintain championship hopes for the team, only to be relegated to back-up duty in his final year of eligibility.

Lawrence has more talented; but can he lead and how will he respond in the clutch without Kelly as a safety blanket? Big loss for Clemson.

Last edited:
There’s some pretty bad QBs out there. I think not only could he start somewhere, he could start P5.

Think about this: Speight, who was worse for MI than Malik, got a shot as a starter after transferring ...

Look at the recent past of Miami transfer QBs.

Much like Enterprise Car Rental...might as well go professional in something OTHER than football. ya feel me?

Advertisement
THIS. Bryant is a game manager. He will not put the team on this back and win games. Lawrence on the other hand is a difference maker. As long as he stays healthy and continues to progress, he's going to be a **** good one.

Tough call to make, but Dabo made the right call. With Bryant, they win the Coastal. With Lawrence, they've got a legitimate chance at a rematch with Bama.
Impressive since they aren't in the Coastal. :confused:

I look at it like this Miami situation is different Malik isnt great but he isn't good either but Bryant balled out last year **** even mentioned Heisman and few times Clemson coaches showed no loyalty to this kid and we really can't say Lawrence is that good he really hasn't seen any real defense yet do they beat Texas A&M with Lawrence no but KB did so all of a sudden the new kid throws a few tds to weak opponents and he's the better qb really that's messed up

Advertisement
Btw, Bryant is not beating any of the top playoff contenders imo. He may even struggle against us next time. Lawrence may not be able to beat those team this year because of his lack of experience but he does have the ability to do it, so maybe Dabo is playing the long game. Maybe he is ready by season's end, surely next season. Bryant gets the ability to transfer, i feel bad for him but other positions get demoted all the time. Everyone wants Feagles benched, there is no crying. Only QBs people cry over when they get passed up for another player

Sooo your gonna act like Kelly Bryant didnt start off 21 out of 22 against us last year? And of all a sudden this year he is gonna struggle?

Bryant went up against Bama in the National Title game as a 1st year starter... you thnk he was suppose to torch their defense?? Is that the bar to give credibility to a bogus decision to bench a Senior over a true freshman??

GTFOH Lawrence isnt even going to make it to the national title... and Bryant wont be there to bail Dabo out this year.

Advertisement
Man, y'all boys tripping acting like Bryant is some bum and Lawerence is light years better than him. This ain't a Malik v Perry situation. It's not even a Hurts v Tua situation.

No way Lawerence is better than Bryant right now. There's a reason they went with Bryant to steer the ship against Texas A&M. This is a straight gamble on Dabo's part. Might work. Might bite him in the ***. But be clear, in no way has Lawerence out played Bryant.

Sooo your gonna act like Kelly Bryant didnt start off 21 out of 22 against us last year? And of all a sudden this year he is gonna struggle?
Last year is last year bro. If it was all about last year, the same team would win every year. We were out of gas as a team with a mediocre QB. Clemson was the end of a 11 week grind and they play directional school the second to last week before the season ends. I don't think there is anyway Bryant does that again or the score is that lopsided. In any case i said he may struggle

Advertisement
Back