2024 Kavion Broussard 3* OT from Zachary, LA Commits to the Canes (August 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Georgia has 3 five-stars, 17 four-stars, and 6 three-stars.
Alabama has 2 five-stars, 11 four-stars, and 4 three-stars
Ohio State has 4 five-stars, 14 four-stars, and 2 three-stars.

Miami has 1 five-star, 6 four-stars, and 12 three-stars.

Draw your own conclusions from that but what I make of it is we have too many 3-stars committed right now and not enough 5 stars or 4 stars.. at least that is if we're trying to build a contender.

I would say half as many 3-stars as we currently have, plus we at least need to double our 4-stars and land 3 more five-stars.

Will we? No. But realistic ask or not, that's what it will take to build a contender.
You mope. Factor in the Zo evals. Thank you.

Advertisement
Welcome to The U!

I get hand wringing over a 3 star corner or DT. But a high 3-star OT with good measurables and film, with our staff's track record with oline, and a year after we cleaned up with top level OTs is just bleeping fine. I'm WAY more worried about DT. There we need to get some more blue bloods, and keep what we have committed. But we should feel good about this pickup for the offensive line.

3stario at work! Don't you realize that we should give them the benefit of the doubt. Didn't you see how well mario did evaluating/choosing his OC/DC last yr lol. All these guys are sleepers that will pan out.

orchid blooming GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Welcome to The U!

I get hand wringing over a 3 star corner or DT. But a high 3-star OT with good measurables and film, with our staff's track record with oline, and a year after we cleaned up with top level OTs is just bleeping fine. I'm WAY more worried about DT. There we need to get some more blue bloods, and keep what we have committed. But we should feel good about this pickup for the offensive line.
Well he's just one of 12-13 three stars so take your pick. Nothing at all wrong with taking some 3 stars. But when the blue chip ratio is this low...not ideal

Advertisement
I just want to know what he’s looking at the world.

This guy (Broussard) and like 4 other current commits will end up pushed up in the rankings.

There’s also a chance some of these 3-star guys end up as late invites to all start games.

We say that every year. Our 3-stars are really 4-stars, they're just underrated, so on and so forth. Then they show up and they're JAGS just like the services predicted they would be.

I mean, we'll see I guess. Maybe Zo is the difference and we're really evaluating a lot better than the market right now, but I'll believe it when I see it. What I've seen is Miami missing on a lot of obvious targets at DT, OL, DE, WR, and so forth, and then moving to plan B, plan C types just like we would have done in an Al Golden or Manny Diaz class.

This class overall right now to me is very Al Golden like. But we'll see how it actually turns out, there's still time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back