2024 Kavion Broussard 3* OT from Zachary, LA Commits to the Canes (August 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Most guys have figured out what some dopes on twitter think has zero to do with # of canes wins
I never said it had anything to do with Twitter. I just said that part was annoying. I just use my eyes to know miami has sucked *** for 2 decades

Advertisement
3stario at work! Don't you realize that we should give them the benefit of the doubt. Didn't you see how well mario did evaluating/choosing his OC/DC last yr lol. All these guys are sleepers that will pan out.
Mario to the fans

IMG_0569.jpeg

Advertisement
3 stars signed by Mario so far:

Anez Cooper
Matthew McCoy
Ahmad Moten
Colbie Young
Jaden Harris
Chris Johnson
Tommy Kinsler
Bobby Washington
Shemar Kirk
Kaleb Spencer
Emory Williams
Jackson Carver
Demetrius Freeney
Frankie Tinalua
Marcellus Pulliam

Anyone for sure you wouldn't offer again?

You missed the point. Off season hype has nothing to do with on field results.
You're right. Just sick of **** performances for as long as I can remember. Ready to see some actual wins and results. Last yr didn't leave a great taste in my mouth. Let's see what they do this season. We'll know soon enough

Georgia has 3 five-stars, 17 four-stars, and 6 three-stars.
Alabama has 2 five-stars, 11 four-stars, and 4 three-stars
Ohio State has 4 five-stars, 14 four-stars, and 2 three-stars.

Miami has 1 five-star, 6 four-stars, and 12 three-stars.

Draw your own conclusions from that but what I make of it is we have too many 3-stars committed right now and not enough 5 stars or 4 stars.. at least that is if we're trying to build a contender.

I would say half as many 3-stars as we currently have, plus we at least need to double our 4-stars and land 3 more five-stars.

Will we? No. But realistic ask or not, that's what it will take to build a contender.
I'm not really worried about us taking 3 star developmental Oline guys this class - or really in general with mario and cristobal. We landed a monster haul last year. This years OT class isn't good at all anyways. We're getting guys that are an entirely different breed of 3stars we got in the past.

I do think Blue Chip ratio is a good indicator of actual talent. But context is also important. We laded at worst 2 of the 3 best OTs in the 2023 class. Interior OLine guys aren't really highly rated on these sites all that often. And iOL guys really just don't need to be super highly rated to have good chance of becoming contributors. OT - we absolutely want top rated guys. But we got them last year.

So 4 of our three stars are Olineman who all have the desired body types in a down OT class. One is a kicker. One is likely a very important piece to getting Trader and the rest of the Youth Ravens, at least a couple will see bumps after their senior season..

Like are people really questioning getting Wheatley Humphrey because he is a 3 star - especially when we're also getting Kevin Riley? Doubt it. And he's a guy that him being a take can entirely depend on how good his senior season is...
How many are really questioning taking Shavers, Isaiah Thomas, and Dylan Day?
And like if we get 2 or even 3 Elite DTs, how much are people really upset we took Daylen Russell? ... doubt anyone would be upset if he was dropped, but the DT being a success or not he's entirely irrelevant for.

You don't want to have class after class like this. But if we get some top DLineman, a few more DBs, and one more top WR, I think this class is great for what we needed.

Last edited:
Ah didn't know you knew me so well or how much time I spent on there. I'm friends with/grew up with and follow a lot of people who are fans of fsu/florida so of course i see it when i pop on there and there's back and forth banter between all of us... but it sounds like you're okay with mediocrity and the crap product miami has put out for 2 decades

1. You need new friends.
2. You might want to cut back on your wasted time on Twitter.
3. Everyone is tired of the 20-year si*t show - you're not special.
4. Before you leave this thread - is there anything else you can find to whine about? Don't want you going away feeling incomplete . . .
5. Oh - and why don't you wait until he's trotted out to make a judgement? You a Doo-Rag Gypsy with a crystal ball and lots of beads around your neck? How did you decide on his value to the program?
6. Bet you're close to your proctologist with the relative ease you're able to reach around and pull things out of your nether region.
7. Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I never said it had anything to do with Twitter. I just said that part was annoying. I just use my eyes to know miami has sucked *** for 2 decades
Wow, that's really insightful. We've stunk. Nobody can fix previoius season records. You seem to think some
Out of all our OL targets, I think I like this guy the most. Happy he's in the class and his ceiling looks high. So much room to gain weight and get stronger.
He'll be a 4* by season end and that won't matter either----same kid, good frame. Either go with staff view or what some dopey other team fans who couldn't find their butt with 2 hands think

Anez Cooper
Matthew McCoy
Ahmad Moten
Colbie Young
Jaden Harris
Chris Johnson
Tommy Kinsler
Bobby Washington
Shemar Kirk
Kaleb Spencer
Emory Williams
Jackson Carver
Demetrius Freeney
Frankie Tinalua
Marcellus Pulliam

Jury still out o 3-4, but definitely off to a good start with evaluations.

1. You need new friends.
2. You might want to cut back on your wasted time on Twitter.
3. Everyone is tired of the 20-year si*t show - you're not special.
4. Before you leave this thread - is there anything else you can find to whine about? Don't want you going away feeling incomplete!
5. Oh - and why don't you wait until he's trotted out to make a judgement? You a gypsy with a crystal ball and lots of beads around your neck?
Nah just have fallen for the same **** every single off-season for years and years. Great post tho

Advertisement
Hope so. Although it's worth remembering that a lot of Al Golden's 3-stars came from his Al Golden camps, where he saw a kid in person and thought they were underrated.

We might be making better evals today, only time will tell. But it's not like we offered 3-stars sight unseen in the Golden era, he was pretty famous for his camp specials.
Yeah this is something we’ve talked about quite a bit. It’s a good discussion

I can’t speak for every player but it seemed like the staff was getting in person opportunities 4-5 times with a lot of kids

I’ll never sit here and pretend that just equals success

With Golden I do remember a lot of those camps landing early commitments that eventually left us at the altar…something we’ve avoided during Mario’s short time here

But I agree, we will see. Time tells.

Anez Cooper
Matthew McCoy
Ahmad Moten
Colbie Young
Jaden Harris
Chris Johnson
Tommy Kinsler
Bobby Washington
Shemar Kirk
Kaleb Spencer
Emory Williams
Jackson Carver
Demetrius Freeney
Frankie Tinalua
Marcellus Pulliam

Outside of 2 guys no one has even really touched the field yet? But hopefully they all pan out. Regardless of the recent negative posts I want the team to win...

Wow, that's really insightful. We've stunk. Nobody can fix previoius season records. You seem to think some

He'll be a 4* by season end and that won't matter either----same kid, good frame. Either go with staff view or what some dopey other team fans who couldn't find their butt with 2 hands think
I understand what you're saying, but I and people on this board can make an opinion with my own thoughts and express that opinion on a college football message board. It doesn't always have to be everyone is a mope or has blind faith.

I’m just trying to figure out where you stand sir.

I don’t give a **** what they do or don’t do. I only care that they win.

Well, then I hope I've been helpful in your endevour, as I'm not a hard man to read. I've been consistent since Mario was hired that we need to land three top 5 classes in a row in order to flip the roster back into something that can compete with the Alabamas, Georgias, and Ohio States of the world.... in other words flip it back to a roster that somewhat resembles what a Miami Hurricanes roster should look like.

Typically that means signing around the same number of 5-stars as 3-stars, with the middle and bulk of your class being 4-stars. The evals should be coming at the 4 star level - picking the good ones over the bad ones. That ain't happening for us, but it needs to.

I have not seen a team comprised of 3-stars compete with Georgia or Alabama in many years. Maybe Miami bucks the trend, but I have no reason to believe that without evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back