2024 Kavion Broussard 3* OT from Zachary, LA Commits to the Canes (August 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It all depends on what your expectations are. If we hit on the evals, a class like this, paired with last year's class, can get you to about 9 or 10 wins a year I would expect... assuming we find an answer at QB.

But if your expectation is for Miami to look like Miami and go toe to toe with Alabama and Georgia, then it's not nearly enough talent. Not crapping on these kids but we would need far more difference makers.
Difference makers can still be added though. The 3 stars aren't preventing the difference makers from being added period.

Literally 1/3rd of our 3stars in this class are along the OLine. Last year we brought in Maigoa, Okunlola, Cohen, and Lee. All 4 will be MAJOR difference makers at some point. And then on top of them you got guys that were brought in under Mario like Anez Cooper, Kinsler, McCoy that Mario/Mirabal love. So what I'm saying is if you just look at that position group over a 3 year span - like you're saying is what we need to truly compete, are you going to say that was an elite/great/average haul? I'm going to say it was at least great - even with us taking four 3stars this year.

It's not just purely about us taking 12 three stars. It's about where they are allocated and how they affect our roster composition. Kicker? literally doesn't matter. Is one of them a center? Well best center on 247 is usually a 3star. Along DT/CB/WR/QB? Yes Absolutely agree we need 4/5star studs.. EDGE? We're done extremely well there, so if we get a 3star we'll be fine. RB? Again if we pair a 3star with an top prospect, that is fine - particularly if that prospect has some elite trait like Chris Johnson had last year with his speed....

Has he had either an OV or UV? Trying to populate the key recruit thread and as far as I can see, he's never visited.

Advertisement
1691972015044.png

Amazed that two hours after the commit, the thread is still alive, I'm able to update the OP and ask new questions. Is someone slow on the trigger finger locking this thread or is there a change in philosophy regarding the handling of pre-commit threads?

Because I and well as everyone else on here fell for that every off season. Every freaking year. Nothing wrong with being overly positive. Hopefully for once it's actually true and they do all end up being great. Like I said. I want them to win and actually be good again. It's been way too long
I’m with ya

I think it’s plenty warranted to criticize this class at this point. It’s not where we should be. There’s time.

I just think sometimes the comments both positive and negative take it too far but it is a message board so I get it

Advertisement
Amazed that two hours after the commit, the thread is still alive, I'm able to update the OP and ask new questions. Is someone slow on the trigger finger locking this thread or is there a change in philosophy regarding the handling of pre-commit threads?

They are usually closed and replaced by Pete’s ode to the commit and then his instant impact pod thread

I’m with ya

I think it’s plenty warranted to criticize this class at this point. It’s not where we should be. There’s time.

I just think sometimes the comments both positive and negative take it too far but it is a message board so I get it
Guess I was really ******* bored today 🤣...probably should have just logged off hah...Just ready for the **** season to get going so they can hopefully shut some people up

Advertisement
Well, then I hope I've been helpful in your endevour, as I'm not a hard man to read. I've been consistent since Mario was hired that we need to land three top 5 classes in a row in order to flip the roster back into something that can compete with the Alabamas, Georgias, and Ohio States of the world.... in other words flip it back to a roster that somewhat resembles what a Miami Hurricanes roster should look like.

Typically that means signing around the same number of 5-stars as 3-stars, with the middle and bulk of your class being 4-stars. The evals should be coming at the 4 star level - picking the good ones over the bad ones. That ain't happening for us, but it needs to.

I have not seen a team comprised of 3-stars compete with Georgia or Alabama in many years. Maybe Miami bucks the trend, but I have no reason to believe that without evidence.

Regardless of stars, the question is can the guys they are recruiting compete physically with what UGA, OSU, Bama , ect are bringing thru their doors.

Only time will tell.

Guess I was really ******* bored today 🤣...probably should have just logged off hah...Just ready for the **** season to get going so they can hopefully shut some people up
I’m with ya man. 15-20 years of getting our asses kicked

**** last year was the first time in my life I just stopped watching games. It was bad.

So I know we all are ready for the season to start for sure

Well, then I hope I've been helpful in your endevour, as I'm not a hard man to read. I've been consistent since Mario was hired that we need to land three top 5 classes in a row in order to flip the roster back into something that can compete with the Alabamas, Georgias, and Ohio States of the world.... in other words flip it back to a roster that somewhat resembles what a Miami Hurricanes roster should look like.

Typically that means signing around the same number of 5-stars as 3-stars, with the middle and bulk of your class being 4-stars. The evals should be coming at the 4 star level - picking the good ones over the bad ones. That ain't happening for us, but it needs to.

I have not seen a team comprised of 3-stars compete with Georgia or Alabama in many years. Maybe Miami bucks the trend, but I have no reason to believe that without evidence.
If it takes stringing together multiple top 5 classes to compete with the top programs its never going to happen.

There's too many things working against us -- stadium and game atmosphere, conference, years of mediocrity, NIL/bag game, to name a few -- to consistently stack multiple 5 stars with the bulk being 4 stars and a few 3 stars sprinkled in. We simply don't have that cachet right now.

The only way to catch up is to recruit better than the rankings suggest with superior evaluations. If we take 10-12 three stars, half of them need to pan out as 4 star level or better. Then we have to hit on our blue-chips (no Lingards, Silveras, Popes, Paytons, etc..) This, along with improving results on gameday, is the only way I see us getting back in the game of big boy football.

Advertisement
I’m with ya man. 15-20 years of getting our asses kicked

**** last year was the first time in my life I just stopped watching games. It was bad.

So I know we all are ready for the season to start for sure
Agreed. I'm usually one who just sits thru the horrible games and cusses at the TV the whole time but last yr was do brutal i was walking away from the TV as well. So many injuries on top of it. Ready to get that bad taste out of my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back