2024 Kavion Broussard 3* OT from Zachary, LA Commits to the Canes (August 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia has 3 five-stars, 17 four-stars, and 6 three-stars.
Alabama has 2 five-stars, 11 four-stars, and 4 three-stars
Ohio State has 4 five-stars, 14 four-stars, and 2 three-stars.

Miami has 1 five-star, 6 four-stars, and 12 three-stars.

Draw your own conclusions from that but what I make of it is we have too many 3-stars committed right now and not enough 5 stars or 4 stars.. at least that is if we're trying to build a contender.

I would say half as many 3-stars as we currently have, plus we at least need to double our 4-stars and land 3 more five-stars.

Will we? No. But realistic ask or not, that's what it will take to build a contender.

So the maximum # of 3* is 6.

What was the count last year? 10, right? How many of those 3* have already looked good in camp?

Advertisement
11694030.jpeg

Agreed. Smith has gotta stop doing that unless it's a Blue chip dude. Miami is already getting clowned on enough this cycle on Twitter from those dumbass nole and gator fans...
If I listed 1 million concerns, gator and nole fan twitter posts wouldn't make the list. Who cares?

I just want to know what he’s looking at the world.

This guy (Broussard) and like 4 other current commits will end up pushed up in the rankings.

There’s also a chance some of these 3-star guys end up as late invites to all start games.
I don’t care about how many stars these kids have, I care about how they can help this football program! And right now, if you’ve watched his film and compared him to other higher ranked players, that’s a big question mark? I hope he develops!!

Advertisement
Who hyped it up? Y’all continue to cry when you are the ones falling for the Twitter ****. You create your narratives in your heads based off what you see on social media! That’s on you guys.

Dennis Smiff and whoever else are doing their jobs and clearly it’s working cause it creates a buzz. It’s your fault of the player doesn’t warrant the buzz in your mind.

Some times I wonder the average age in this Board. It’s got to be a bunch of kids cause no way would brown adults get this upset over what’s being “hyped”

Being upset at getting 3 stars, sure I’m with you on some of these but getting upset over phucking tweets from a paid employee hype man…..hahaha that’s on y’all
Star gazers

We say that every year. Our 3-stars are really 4-stars, they're just underrated, so on and so forth. Then they show up and they're JAGS just like the services predicted they would be.

I mean, we'll see I guess. Maybe Zo is the difference and we're really evaluating a lot better than the market right now, but I'll believe it when I see it. What I've seen is Miami missing on a lot of obvious targets at DT, OL, DE, WR, and so forth, and then moving to plan B, plan C types just like we would have done in an Al Golden or Manny Diaz class.

This class overall right now to me is very Al Golden like. But we'll see how it actually turns out, there's still time.
Yeah everything you’re saying is correct and not disputing the insane amounts of Copium we display as a fanbase

It’s been good to hear early reports (granted VERY early) that guys from last class: Pulliam, Spencer, Emory, Kinsler etc at least look like they belong

Throughout the years we just lost so many guys that transfer out to G5 programs that never belonged here in the first place

It’s good that our coaches are getting to see these kids seemingly many times in person before commitments. Not to paint too broad of strokes but when it comes to that we at least seem to be getting much more recruiting resources then previous staffs, which should obviously help them make better evals

All that said and done we need to land more elites, no one should argue that

Advertisement
You want participation trophies or do you wanna see miami competing for national championships again? The more that dude hypes 3 stars and projects on Twitter the more our rivals clown us on there.
Seems like you could increase your happiness by not looking at twitter

We say that every year. Our 3-stars are really 4-stars, they're just underrated, so on and so forth. Then they show up and they're JAGS just like the services predicted they would be.

I mean, we'll see I guess. Maybe Zo is the difference and we're really evaluating a lot better than the market right now, but I'll believe it when I see it. What I've seen is Miami missing on a lot of obvious targets at DT, OL, DE, WR, and so forth, and then moving to plan B, plan C types just like we would have done in an Al Golden or Manny Diaz class.

This class overall right now to me is very Al Golden like. But we'll see how it actually turns out, there's still time.

This class is going to suck compared to last year. There’s really no question of that now.

At this point, Miami is going to be heavily dependent on their eval process. Like you said, let’s see how that ends.

Advertisement
I just want to know what he’s looking at the world.

This guy (Broussard) and like 4 other current commits will end up pushed up in the rankings.

There’s also a chance some of these 3-star guys end up as late invites to all start games.
There may be a couple pushed out, too.

Last edited:
Right and how do they do that? Probably by trying to stack elite classes. They did last yr. This year the blue chip ratio (so far) is pretty bad. Mario, who hasn't been know for being a great game day coach and someone who completely botched both coordinator hires in his first year would probably have a better shot at winning games with elite players vs 3 stars and projects, no? Recruiting is supposed to be his bread and butter. Just expected a little better for this class. There's still some time to turn it around but a lot of the top guys are falling off the board quickly
Wow, that is so insightful. Maybe send MC a note to to try to get higher rated guys. Bet he never thought of it

Advertisement
If I hlisted 1 million concerns, gator and nole fan twitter posts wouldn't make the list. Who cares?
How about absolutely sucking *** on the field for the last 20 years? Off-season hype every single year and then laying an egg when it counts. That one concern you at all?

Ah didn't know you knew me so well or how much time I spent on there. I'm friends with/grew up with and follow a lot of people who are fans of fsu/florida so of course i see it when i pop on there and there's back and forth banter between all of us... but it sounds like you're okay with mediocrity and the crap product miami has put out for 2 decades
Most guys have figured out what some dopes on twitter think has zero to do with # of canes wins

Yeah everything you’re saying is correct and not disputing the insane amounts of Copium we display as a fanbase

It’s been good to hear early reports (granted VERY early) that guys from last class: Pulliam, Spencer, Emory, Kinsler etc at least look like they belong

Throughout the years we just lost so many guys that transfer out to G5 programs that never belonged here in the first place

It’s good that our coaches are getting to see these kids seemingly many times in person before commitments. Not to paint too broad of strokes but when it comes to that we at least seem to be getting much more recruiting resources then previous staffs, which should obviously help them make better evals

All that said and done we need to land more elites, no one should argue that

Hope so. Although it's worth remembering that a lot of Al Golden's 3-stars came from his Al Golden camps, where he saw a kid in person and thought they were underrated.

We might be making better evals today, only time will tell. But it's not like we offered 3-stars sight unseen in the Golden era, he was pretty famous for his camp specials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back