Katie Meyer needs to go as well

Advertisement
I won't start getting into the name calling or mud slinging (enough of that going around it seems) but you're right I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't have a clue. Feel better about yourself?
That's better.

Now people won't have to waste their time reading your stuff.

Advertisement
Once more, King of Alapattah is embarrassed and has to completely change what was said.

You said it was poor.

Somebody get this guy a body bag.
Funny how you only mention their 26th ranked class (2018) but fail to mention that your same source has Miami ranked 32nd (2020) and 29th (2021). Can't have 3 consecutive classes ranked this low and expect to win in the ACC. Yes, that's **** poor if you ask me. Tomato, tomatoe!

Last edited:
Funny how you only mention their 26th ranked class (2018) but fail to mention that your same source has Miami ranked 32nd (2020) and 29th (2021). Can't have 3 consecutive classes ranked this low and expect to win in the ACC. Yes, that's **** poor if you ask me. Tomato, tomatoe!
Once again, you're changing the subject to avoid a further beat-down.

Nobody said anything about winning the ACC.

🤡

Advertisement
Once again, you're changing the subject to avoid a further beat-down.

Nobody said anything about winning the ACC.

🤡
Changing the subject? Beat down? Only beat downs I see are the ones this staff has been taking lately. LOL!!! :machinegun:

Aren't we suppose to be playing for championships? My bad if I'm setting the bar too high for this staff.
:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

On paper, being ranked 25 to 30th isn't what we should be striving for but it SHOULD be enough to field a decent team in the ACC. But let's dig deeper. This is who we've signed since the FBI cost us the 2018 class (going off of 247's rankings):

2019:
4 star guard Beverly, ranked #54 in the nation. To say he's underperformed his ranking would be an understatement
4 star guard Wong, ranked #79. I actually did not realize Wong was ranked this high. He's lived up to the ranking and then some
3 star forward Walker, ranked #226. He's been about what you'd expect so far. But at some point, he needs to evolve into more than just a raw athlete.

2020:
4 star wing Timberlake, ranked #35. Injuries have ruined his season, but while healthy he certainly did not look like the #35 recruit.
4 star forward Cross, ranked #93. No longer with the program

2021:
4 star wing Robinson, ranked #73
4 star guard Joseph, ranked #92 (still hasn't signed)
3 star guard Poplar, ranked #116

So since the scandal hit, we've signed 8 players out of high school (assuming nothing goes wrong with Joseph signing), including 6 top 100 players. Not bad recruiting, right? If you dig deeper, there are major problems with the construction of these classes:

1. There's simply not enough numbers in each class. Programs like FSU who always have good depth sign 4 high school kids in nearly every class. The transfers we've brought in recently have not been good enough either to fill the gaps
2. Losing Cross was big, not only because he could've turned into a legit 4 year starter for us, but he was also one of only 2 forwards we've signed in the last 3 years. Looking at next year's projected roster, our frontcourt is barren both talent wise and depth wise. It's a complete and utter failure to have not signed at least one or even two HS bigs in the 2021 class. So while the 2021 class has a top 25 ranking, we've failed to address our biggest need. But hey, we have a ton of score-first combo guards, so it's a great class right?
3. Of the 5 guys from the 19 and 20 classes, one is no longer with the program (Cross) and two have underachieved compared to their ranking (Beverly and Timberlake). When you sign so few players, you can't afford to have a "miss" ratio that high. Either that or someone like Beverly is not being developed correctly.

On paper, being ranked 25 to 30th isn't what we should be striving for but it SHOULD be enough to field a decent team in the ACC. But let's dig deeper. This is who we've signed since the FBI cost us the 2018 class (going off of 247's rankings):

2019:
4 star guard Beverly, ranked #54 in the nation. To say he's underperformed his ranking would be an understatement
4 star guard Wong, ranked #79. I actually did not realize Wong was ranked this high. He's lived up to the ranking and then some
3 star forward Walker, ranked #226. He's been about what you'd expect so far. But at some point, he needs to evolve into more than just a raw athlete.

2020:
4 star wing Timberlake, ranked #35. Injuries have ruined his season, but while healthy he certainly did not look like the #35 recruit.

2021:
4 star wing Robinson, ranked #73
4 star guard Joseph, ranked #92 (still hasn't signed)
3 star guard Poplar, ranked #116

So since the scandal hit, we've signed 8 players out of high school (assuming nothing goes wrong with Joseph signing), including 6 top 100 players. Not bad recruiting, right? If you dig deeper, there are major problems with the construction of these classes:

1. There's simply not enough numbers in each class. Programs like FSU who always have good depth sign 4 high school kids in nearly every class. The transfers we've brought in recently have not been good enough either to fill the gaps
2. Losing Cross was big, not only because he could've turned into a legit 4 year starter for us, but he was also one of only 2 forwards we've signed in the last 3 years. Looking at next year's projected roster, our frontcourt is barren both talent wise and depth wise. It's a complete and utter failure to have not signed at least one or even two HS bigs in the 2021 class. So while the 2021 class has a top 25 ranking, we've failed to address our biggest need. But hey, we have a ton of score-first combo guards, so it's a great class right?
3. Of the 5 guys from the 19 and 20 classes, one is no longer with the program (Cross) and two have underachieved compared to their ranking (Beverly and Timberlake). When you sign so few players, you can't afford to have a "miss" ratio that high. Either that or someone like Beverly is not being developed correctly.
Love the insight and in-depth analysis you provide here. One thing I’d like to add is the lack of post players we’ve signed during this period. Add that to everything you’ve stated and it’s no wonder we’re struggling the way we are. Injuries certainly don’t help matters but I don’t know if we’d even be a tournament team if we were at 100%. Hope things get turned around quickly

Love the insight and in-depth analysis you provide here. One thing I’d like to add is the lack of post players we’ve signed during this period. Add that to everything you’ve stated and it’s no wonder we’re struggling the way we are. Injuries certainly don’t help matters but I don’t know if we’d even be a tournament team if we were at 100%. Hope things get turned around quickly
I think we'd be a bubble team (at best) at full or close to full strength.

Lykes would obviously help us offensively, but he would also take away from some of Wong's and Kam's touches and scoring, too. So when someone says "we lose 15 ppg+ with Lykes out", I don't think that's 100% true.

Timberlake might help, but Olayni is essentially a more polished version of him. At least he could add depth

Sam would help some, but he's not a big difference maker

Miller would not help at all

So overall, I think we'd gain some offense, certainly have more depth, but would this be a team to write home about? I doubt it

Advertisement
On paper, being ranked 25 to 30th isn't what we should be striving for but it SHOULD be enough to field a decent team in the ACC.
And it has been when we didn't lose an entire class, have our best player ruled ineligible and have more than half the roster injured.

Advertisement
2019:
I absolutely agree with these three assessments.

2020:
None of Huell, Walker or Brown looked like blue-chippers in their first 10 games either.

I think this is ridiculous.

You recruit guys who you think are ACC caliber and can play in this league. If you can't get more than 3 in a class that's perfectly fine. 11-12 contributors is more than enough.

You'd be throwing scholarships at Rodney Miller types at the end of the bench who wouldn't be making a significant difference anyway.

Next year the 2018 would be seniors. So Mostly out of the woods but if everybody gets hurt again then, of course, I'm going to state the facts.
You’ve been stating the facts since, oh yeah, yesterday. You are either a troll or an AD plant sent in here to argue with fans. You literally signed up yesterday. Just stop with this mess.

Advertisement
Back