Katie Meyer needs to go as well

Advertisement
Why? You are not satisfied with being the higher seed and losing in the first round year in/year out? Tonight's performance was embarrassing. I actually wasted 10 minutes of my life watching.
She gets a pass for that crap from many. I don’t get it. She loses to inferior teams every year in 1st round or play in.

you can see she recruits to her system well, unfortunately her system isn’t good so it doesn’t matter.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Katie Meier has had her team in the NCAA tournament 8 out of the last 9 years and have played in a post season tournament the last 10 years in a row. Would definitely like to see them get past the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament, but to say she should be fired after 1 mediocre year is extreme and a bit of a knee jerk reaction. You can't just say fire the coach for the sake of firing her. Who are you going to bring in to replace her? Don't get it twisted, Coach Meier is still one of the top coaches in the women's game. In no way shape or form is the women's program remotely near to being as catastrophic as our men's program.

GO CANES!

Katie Meier has had her team in the NCAA tournament 8 out of the last 9 years and have played in a post season tournament the last 10 years in a row. Would definitely like to see them get past the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament, but to say she should be fired after 1 mediocre year is extreme and a bit of a knee jerk reaction. You can't just say fire the coach for the sake of firing her. Who are you going to bring in to replace her? Don't get it twisted, Coach Meier is still one of the top coaches in the women's game. In no way shape or form is the women's program remotely near to being as catastrophic as our men's program.

GO CANES!
We were awful last year as well. Both programs are on their way down in a big way.

Meier is one of the top coaches in the women’s game? Are you kidding me. She’s the definition of a regular season coach. Has zero answers when the stage is brightest. Our roster has been loaded the entire tenure she has been here and what do we have to show for it? I put L’s resume at Miami over meiers in all seriousness.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We were awful last year as well. Both programs are on their way down in a big way.

Meier is one of the top coaches in the women’s game? Are you kidding me. She’s the definition of a regular season coach. Has zero answers when the stage is brightest. Our roster has been loaded the entire tenure she has been here and what do we have to show for it? I put L’s resume at Miami over meiers in all seriousness.
Coach Meier has nine 20-win seasons at Miami. Has 2 or 3 gold medals from coaching USA basketball U18/U19 teams. Has been to the post season 10 years in a row and could've had a chance to make it 11 in a row had they not cut the season short due to COVID. Again, one can't say fire the coach without assurances that the replacement will do better. Who can Miami go get that's better than Meier? Yes, Coach Meier is considered one of the top coach's in the women's game. Maybe not in the top 5-10, but definitely in the top 20-30.

I get your frustration. I do. The women's team isn't competing for a national title and we'd all love to see them do so, but to completely disregard what they've accomplished over the last decade and say she should be canned is a bit premature and hasty to me.

Coach Meier has nine 20-win seasons at Miami. Has 2 or 3 gold medals from coaching USA basketball U18/U19 teams. Has been to the post season 10 years in a row and could've had a chance to make it 11 in a row had they not cut the season short due to COVID. Again, one can't say fire the coach without assurances that the replacement will do better. Who can Miami go get that's better than Meier? Yes, Coach Meier is considered one of the top coach's in the women's game. Maybe not in the top 5-10, but definitely in the top 20-30.

I get your frustration. I do. The women's team isn't competing for a national title and we'd all love to see them do so, but to completely disregard what they've accomplished over the last decade and say she should be canned is a bit premature and hasty to me.

the CIS way is to fire the coach and then worry about the rest later

Advertisement

No one gives a **** what your regular season record is in ncaa basketball. It’s all about making the tournament any way you can and making a run. We haven’t made it past the 2nd round. We have been the higher seed in each of her losses in tournament?

Regular season records do not mean a thing if you underperform in post season.

the CIS way is to fire the coach and then worry about the rest later
No. We have established a culture here of underperforming in post season. A lot of good women’s coaches would be licking their chops to get over that hump here. Men’s basketball is a different story. I have no answers as to who would want to come coach this men’s roster. I have confidence that a women’s coach would make a lateral move to come coach here. I don’t on the men’s side

Competing for national titles? How about getting into the third round? Team was near the bottom in the conference last year and well on its way this year.

I don't know if you fire Meier after this season but her seat should definitely be hot. But we keep extending her. It is horrible business.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don’t forget the women’s soccer team didn’t win a single game this fall. It’s unreal the Blake James remains employed. He has to be the worst AD in the P5. Entire athletic department is in shambles. What a disgrace.
Not only was women's soccer 0-9, but they scored 3 goals the entire season. 2 of those came in an 8-2 loss to Virginia Tech. I get that ACC women's soccer is terrific, but come on man. We've had 2 winning seasons the last 8 years and the best we finished was 5-5 in conference play.

Not only was women's soccer 0-9, but they scored 3 goals the entire season. 2 of those came in an 8-2 loss to Virginia Tech. I get that ACC women's soccer is terrific, but come on man. We've had 2 winning seasons the last 8 years and the best we finished was 5-5 in conference play.

you may be the only person at UM to have ever gone to a soccer match there.

No one gives a **** what your regular season record is in ncaa basketball. It’s all about making the tournament any way you can and making a run. We haven’t made it past the 2nd round. We have been the higher seed in each of her losses in tournament?

Regular season records do not mean a thing if you underperform in post season.

Yes, ultimately you play to win championships. I'm all about that, but nine 20-win seasons and 10 post seasons in a row is no small feat playing in the ACC. At the very least, I think she's earned the right to have a year or two to turn things around.

Competing for national titles? How about getting into the third round? Team was near the bottom in the conference last year and well on its way this year.

I don't know if you fire Meier after this season but her seat should definitely be hot. But we keep extending her. It is horrible business.

Again, I can certainly understand the frustration of not getting past the 2nd round of the NCAAW tournament. However, when you go back and make an honest assessment of her tenure here, in 2011, 2016 & 2017 were the only seasons out of her 15 years at Miami where one can say the season ended prematurely to a much inferior team. Aside from that, I think they've done ok. I'm eager to see how they do with this talented young group they currently have.

I was going to leave the goals scored out but, yes, if it’s possible for an 0-9 record to actually be even worse than it sounds, the 2020 soccer team managed to do it. Just awful.

Advertisement
Back