Katie Meyer needs to go as well

These are all nice fanboy cliches but they don't mean anything. Hiring a new coach wouldn't fix the 2018 recuiting class, Dewan Huell being ineligible or the bad injury luck that we have right now.
It might fix our archaic, stagnant offense. It might fix our lack of in-state and big man recruiting. A new coach might bring in a whole new training staff that leads to less injuries.

Advertisement
I don't know anyone else who lost an entire recruiting class and had their best player ruled ineligible for an entire season.

But, please, continue to ignore facts and claim that Miami should just "overcome" crippling roster issues.
That was 2018. This is 2021. How long can we continue to blame our current failures on the FBI and Dewan's ruling?

It might fix our archaic, stagnant offense. It might fix our lack of in-state and big man recruiting. A new coach might bring in a whole new training staff that leads to less injuries.
That archaic stagnant offense wasn't an issue when we went to thee straight NCAAs.

Ah, yes. Training staff has caused injuries. And you have so much evidence to support your claim.

But it's two top assistants have been the same. And they went to the three straight NCAAs, including a Sweet 16, immediately after Huger and Konkol left.
2016 class was their best class. Haven't done anything since. Do you think it's a coincidence that Miami's first class with Adidas was their best? As I said in my previous post, if this staff weren't inept Miami would've gotten a ton of highly rated prospects.

That was 2018. This is 2021. How long can we continue to blame our current failures on the FBI and Dewan's ruling?
You might not be aware of this but the 2018 recruiting class would be juniors right now. You know, kind of an important thing not to have an entire junior class while trying to compete in a major conference.

Advertisement
I just debunked your claim that we haven't had any top 30 recruiting classes since then. You seem to be struggling mightily to support your claims.

You left out that part that reads, "Do you think it's a coincidence that Miami's first class with Adidas was their best? As I said in my previous post, if this staff weren't inept Miami would've gotten a ton of highly rated prospects."

An inept staff wouldn't have three top ~30 recruiting classes at a place like Miami after the Adidas scandal.
At a place like Miami? One and done prospects would kill to live at a place like Miami for a semester, rather than freezing their butts off in timbuktoo. At least that's what Adidas was hoping, but this inept staff found a way to F*** it up.

A lot of blah, blah, blah. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Why do we even bother to field a team? The Adidas scandal, injuries, ineligibility issues, etc. We might as well pack it up and call it a day. Geez!

Bottom line is this staff has got to do better. Start by doing a better job of recruiting. Too many quality Florida HS players are leaving the state because Miami doesn't recruit them. Recruit big men. We've had 2 quality bigs (Dewan and Tonye) recruited since 2012 when Coach L took over at the helm.

Guard play, for the most part has been good during Coach L's tenure, but we need contributing and productive bigs at some point. Can't win like that.

Advertisement
You left out that part that reads, "Do you think it's a coincidence that Miami's first class with Adidas was their best? As I said in my previous post, if this staff weren't inept Miami would've gotten a ton of highly rated prospects."
I didn't leave it out. I addressed the crux of you argument.

You were just flat out wrong.

At a place like Miami? One and done prospects would kill to live at a place like Miami for a semester, rather than freezing their butts off in timbuktoo. At least that's what Adidas was hoping, but this inept staff found a way to F*** it up.
Really? Because you just made it up and said it on a message board?

Gotta love it.

:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Advertisement
That archaic stagnant offense wasn't an issue when we went to thee straight NCAAs.

Ah, yes. Training staff has caused injuries. And you have so much evidence to support your claim.
We had legit point guards on most of those squads that masked our offensive deficiencies. Also, our stagnant offense and ill advised turnovers were part of why we blew that Loyola game.

I never said they are causing injuries, but at some point, our approach needs to be closely examined. The injuries on this year's squad are not a new problem. This has been going on for a while now.

You might not be aware of this but the 2018 recruiting class would be juniors right now. You know, kind of an important thing not to have an entire junior class while trying to compete in a major conference.
I can do math, I'm aware. We've had plenty of time to fill in those holes thru transfers and other recruiting classes. Yet we are struggling to field a roster 3+ years later.

Will you use this as an excuse next year as well? When does the FBI excuse expire? 2025?

Advertisement
We had legit point guards on most of those squads that masked our offensive deficiencies. Also, our stagnant offense and ill advised turnovers were part of why we blew that Loyola game.
We "blew" the Loyola game because our only one-and-done player dribbled a ball off his foot.

Last edited:
I never said they are causing injuries, but at some point, our approach needs to be closely examined. The injuries on this year's squad are not a new problem. This has been going on for a while now.
So you don't think they're being examined?

Cool.

Just as delusional as I thought.

I can do math, I'm aware. We've had plenty of time to fill in those holes thru transfers and other recruiting classes. Yet we are struggling to field a roster 3+ years later.
We did not struggle to field a roster this year.

Everybody got hurt.

This shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Advertisement
Back