Katie Meyer needs to go as well

Good gametime coach, but is not getting the top recruits. Has had a problem getting top rated bigger women in the program. She depends on smaller faster teams. Just like the men's team. if you are not hitting the 3's, you are not getting a W.

Advertisement
In fairness, firing both basketball coaches is highly unlikely.

If you are going to fire someone, the men's coach makes more sense given that you can make revenue with men's hoops.

Advertisement
put one fire out at a time, fixed either the men or women's team : your greater upside is the men's team :
The way to fix the men's team would've been to not lose an entire Junior class to the Adidas scandal and then not have basically every player get injured.

The way to fix the men's team would've been to not lose an entire Junior class to the Adidas scandal and then not have basically every player get injured.
It doesn't stop there. Adidas scandal, injuries, poor recruiting, players leaving early, transfers, and on and on and on.... In the end, the HC gets paid the big bucks to drive the ship. He needs to steer this MFer in the right direction or else.

Good gametime coach, but is not getting the top recruits. Has had a problem getting top rated bigger women in the program. She depends on smaller faster teams. Just like the men's team. if you are not hitting the 3's, you are not getting a W.
Funny thing is that her coaching background comes from the post position. Mompremier's injury really hurt the team her senior year. Aside from that Miami's best players during the Meier era have been perimeter players. Katie does a good job on the recruiting circuit, but I agree with you she needs to get more production and development from her post players.

It doesn't stop there. Adidas scandal, injuries, poor recruiting, players leaving early, transfers, and on and on and on.... In the end, the HC gets paid the big bucks to drive the ship. He needs to steer this MFer in the right direction or else.
We haven't recruited poorly. We lost an entire class, had our best player ruled ineligible in 2017-18, had players kicked off the team and had ridiculously bad injury luck.

How brave of you, though.

Talking tough about a very good coach who had everything steered in the right direction until a series of calamities. I guarantee that if you fire him and bring in someone else they won't be able to flick a switch.

Advertisement
We haven't recruited poorly. We lost an entire class, had our best player ruled ineligible in 2017-18, had players kicked off the team and had ridiculously bad injury luck.

How brave of you, though.

Talking tough about a very good coach who had everything steered in the right direction until a series of calamities. I guarantee that if you fire him and bring in someone else they won't be able to flick a switch.
For the record, I haven't been pushing for Coach L to get fired. I do agree with you that we'd be hard-pressed to find someone to come in with his experience and resume. I do however think that changes need to be made to the coaching staff. This staff has proven to be pretty inept the past few years. Seems like some new blood with ties to the state could do this staff some good.

Since the Adidas fiasco, this staff has done a terrible job of recruiting. Our 2018 class had 0 players. I don't think our 2019 or 2020 recruiting classes were considered top 30 nationally or even top 5 in the ACC.

Lots of teams go thru ups and downs, but it seems we're the only ones ok with making cheap excuses. We've got to stop making lame excuses for our shortcomings. Let's do better. Let's be better. GO CANES!!

Since the Adidas fiasco, this staff has done a terrible job of recruiting. Our 2018 class had 0 players. I don't think our 2019 or 2020 recruiting classes were considered top 30 nationally or even top 5 in the ACC.
Yeah, we had zero players in 2018 because of the Adidas scandal.

The 2019 class was 26th

2019 Team Rankings

The 2020 class was 32nd.

2020 Team Rankings

This year? 29th.

2021 Team Rankings

Soooo.....

Which is amazing since we're not a top 30 program nationally.

Lots of teams go thru ups and downs, but it seems we're the only ones ok with making cheap excuses. We've got to stop making lame excuses for our shortcomings. Let's do better. Let's be better. GO CANES!!
They're not lame excuses. They're 100% true.

I don't know. It seems like you're just spitballing and getting all the facts wrong just to service your emotions.

Advertisement
So you just completely discount how "not" inept they were immediately prior to Adidas scandal and other calamities?
Coach L's staff hasn't been the same since Huger and Konkol left to become head coaches elsewhere. I won't get into details but if this staff weren't inept, Miami would've gotten a ton of highly rated prospects.

Last edited:
They're not lame excuses. They're 100% true.

I don't know. It seems like you're just spitballing and getting all the facts wrong just to service your emotions.
I'd love nothing more than to see our basketball program flourishing and doing well. I think Coach L is a nice guy, but as I said yesterday he gets paid the big bucks. This is a bottom line business and since 2017, fair or unfair Miami men's basketball has been in a tail spin. All losers can come up with a reason/excuse for losing. We need to start coming up with ways to win.

Advertisement
A few other teams seems to have bounced back just fine from the Adidas scandal, yet we're still blaming it for being stuck in the mud
Exactly. How long are we going to use it as an excuse? It's the same BS "cloud" excuse Golden used for his whole tenure. Yes, it had an impact, but at some point you need to be able to adjust and overcome and move on from it.

Coach L's staff hasn't been the same since Huger and Konkol left to become head coaches elsewhere. I won't get into details but if this staff weren't inept, Miami would've gotten a ton of highly rated prospects who played on the Adidas circuit.
But it's two top assistants have been the same. And they went to the three straight NCAAs, including a Sweet 16, immediately after Huger and Konkol left.

I'd love nothing more than to see our basketball program flourishing and doing well. I think Coach L is a nice guy, but as I said yesterday he gets paid the big bucks. This is a bottom line business and since 2017, fair or unfair Miami men's basketball has been in a tail spin. All losers can come up with a reason/excuse for losing. We need to start coming up with ways to win.
These are all nice fanboy cliches but they don't mean anything. Hiring a new coach wouldn't fix the 2018 recuiting class, Dewan Huell being ineligible or the bad injury luck that we have right now.

Exactly. How long are we going to use it as an excuse? It's the same BS "cloud" excuse Golden used for his whole tenure. Yes, it had an impact, but at some point you need to be able to adjust and overcome and move on from it.
I don't know anyone else who lost an entire recruiting class and had their best player ruled ineligible for an entire season.

But, please, continue to ignore facts and claim that Miami should just "overcome" crippling roster issues.

Advertisement
Back