Kaaya ain't coming here to hold a clipboard

Advertisement
Anyone, and I mean anyone, who thinks Olsen is a sure thing to beat out Kaaya is outside their mind.

First off...Kaaya is Coley's hand picked stud recruit. Secondly...the year and a half "advantage" that Olsen is suppose to have from an experience standpoint is null and void. He's making the same mistakes a straight-outta-high schooler would make at this point.

Gonna repeat what I said in one of the practice threads from a few weeks back...the thing that most young QB's struggle with is decision making. The issue that worries me about Olsen isn't so much his decision making as it is his accuracy. We saw today the same thing that's been going on in practice.....he often makes the right read but when he misses, he misses high and badly.

Decision making , in my opinion, is more correctable than accuracy issues. The former can be helped with experience and repetitions. The latter is usually something a QB either has or doesn't.

I really hope I'm wrong...but at this point I don't think there's any way we DON'T have a full fledged QB controversy the second Kaaya gets on campus. He'll be given every opportunity to win the job.

Setting up to be a good ole 4 corner strap match type of battle --- Treon as special guest referee?

With the weapons we have all we need is a guy that can get the ball out quick, with accuracy, and not turn the ball over. We have enough of a running game with Duke and Yearby to protect whoever lines up back there...but that guy has to give the team a chance by not turning the ball over.

I just feel like I've seen this scenario before...innacurate QB's tend to stay inaccurate. I'm looking forward to seeing how Kaaya looks.

I think that is what we wanted out of Ryan Williams, but what if that ends up being Gray Crow? ---- everyone expects it to be Olsen or Kaaya, and Crow steps back, relaxes and does the little things right.

Advertisement
When was the last time a true freshman started at QB and was effective? Anywhere.

No doubt it's not ideal...but when the other alternative is a redshirt freshman who's been erratic and has issues with accuracy....you end up in the situation we are currently in.

Advertisement
We might be desperate to start a true freshman, but the only one I can think of at THE U is J-12. Even Kelley was a redshirt(I think). I like Kaaya a lot and think he is going to do very well, but let's not put him up as better than our NFL HOF QB, our two Heisman winners, or our four other NC QBs. He might have to start, but it is not a good thing if he does. Kid needs time to adjust.

We might be desperate to start a true freshman, but the only one I can think of at THE U is J-12. Even Kelley was a redshirt(I think). I like Kaaya a lot and think he is going to do very well, but let's not put him up as better than our NFL HOF QB, our two Heisman winners, or our four other NC QBs. He might have to start, but it is not a good thing if he does. Kid needs time to adjust.

Nobody is putting Kaaya up as anything or annointing him any titles....the point is simply that he will be given an opportunity to win the job given the fact the alternatives will likely be just as bad.

With the weapons we have give me a game manager who will make few mistakes and will throw the ball accurately on short throws.

Advertisement
I think it will be absolutely hilarious if Rosier wins the job.

I've been saying Rosier is the forgotten man all along and might love reading everyone debating Kaya/Osen. I have been very impressed with his highlights and think he could be a real sleeper. We can't have too many QBs.

Advertisement
OP,

You sound like you write murder mysteries...
Are you the writer for Nancy Drew

Maybe the set up was dramatic but it's true.

Lot's of anger ITT but not one solid point about why Olsen is sure thing to start. Still waiting.

I think everyone is still waiting for you to make a "solid" point, unless you define "solid" as pure speculation.

And based on your prediction in the OP, I'll ask you again: would you like to wager something on that? Perhaps a lifetime ban bet?

Let's do it. Since you have 10k+ posts and I have 100, clearly posting here is very important to you so I love the payoff of your personal life crumbling. If Williams doesn't come back by game 3, I say Kaaya gets the start over Olsen.

Enjoy your short stay.

Bump for my boy McGahee2TheHouse. Where ya at?

f
Maybe the set up was dramatic but it's true.

Lot's of anger ITT but not one solid point about why Olsen is sure thing to start. Still waiting.

I think everyone is still waiting for you to make a "solid" point, unless you define "solid" as pure speculation.

And based on your prediction in the OP, I'll ask you again: would you like to wager something on that? Perhaps a lifetime ban bet?

Let's do it. Since you have 10k+ posts and I have 100, clearly posting here is very important to you so I love the payoff of your personal life crumbling. If Williams doesn't come back by game 3, I say Kaaya gets the start over Olsen.

Enjoy your short stay.

And I'll honor my bet. PM a mod and they can get this done.

f

Enjoy your short stay.

Repped for manning up. :thumbsup_kid:

f

Enjoy your short stay.

I think you should PM the mods since you were the big mouth who made this ***** internet challenge.

Advertisement
Back