Kaaya ain't coming here to hold a clipboard

OP,

You sound like you write murder mysteries...
Are you the writer for Nancy Drew

Maybe the set up was dramatic but it's true.

Lot's of anger ITT but not one solid point about why Olsen is sure thing to start. Still waiting.

I think everyone is still waiting for you to make a "solid" point, unless you define "solid" as pure speculation.

And based on your prediction in the OP, I'll ask you again: would you like to wager something on that? Perhaps a lifetime ban bet?

Let's do it. Since you have 10k+ posts and I have 100, clearly posting here is very important to you so I love the payoff of your personal life crumbling. If Williams doesn't come back by game 3, I say Kaaya gets the start over Olsen.

Advertisement
Character? c'mon man. The kid was a freshman in college living it up. Love that he has an edge to him. So he rustled some jimmies good for him. For the good of the program hallelujah praise baby Jesus.

Agreed...
I played D1 soccer back in the day. My freshman year I got a DUI my first week on campus. Was on social probation with the school, and nearly flunked out. I finished captain of the team my junior and senior years and an All-American. This guy is overreacting just a bit.

Kaaya will not start this year, in fact it'd be stupid to not redshirt him. This is the perfect opportunity to put some separation between the two guys.

I don't see him coming and learning the playbook and blowing baby jesus out of the water, which is what it would take.

He already has the playbook!

There's a difference between having the playbook and being able to execute the playbook every day in practice.

Way too many assumptions. It'll work itself out on the field - likely at the expense of the fans who want to see more victories. But, hopefully for a better long-term result.

Advertisement
Olsen,Kaaya...Kaaya,Olsen...I like our chances. At least one of these guys HAS to be the truth...right?

91.jpg

/splace

Advertisement
I'm sure Olsen took a good look at Kaaya and thought "I better get my **** together"

Regardless of how it plays out, Kaaya looks like he is coming in strong and Olsen looks to be improving quickly. It's a bright future for us at the position.

this right here.

Some comp between two kids that were widely considered top 5 QB prospects in the nation is good thing!

And I don't get how everyone loves to act like Olsen had a rough freshman year because he was busy partying and crushing strange all over Miami, he wasn't. The kid had a rough year because he didn't work hard and was busy missing his far from a dime girlfriend back in NJ.

And comparing him to Raipmeis and Manzel isn't worthy either. Those crazy ****ers were out crushing ***, one against other's will, and still putting in work on the football field.

Lucky for us, it seems like Olsen has turned the corner early in his career and is busy doing what winners do...... working hard.

That being said, I personally think Kaaya will be special...real special. Peyton Manning's skills in Jason Taylor's body. But, whether I'm right or not about Kaaya, this QB comp should be fun to watch for the next couple years.

He was

I'm sure Olsen took a good look at Kaaya and thought "I better get my **** together"

Regardless of how it plays out, Kaaya looks like he is coming in strong and Olsen looks to be improving quickly. It's a bright future for us at the position.

this right here.

Some comp between two kids that were widely considered top 5 QB prospects in the nation is good thing!

And I don't get how everyone loves to act like Olsen had a rough freshman year because he was busy partying and crushing strange all over Miami, he wasn't. The kid had a rough year because he didn't work hard and was busy missing his far from a dime girlfriend back in NJ.

And comparing him to Raipmeis and Manzel isn't worthy either. Those crazy ****ers were out crushing ***, one against other's will, and still putting in work on the football field.

Lucky for us, it seems like Olsen has turned the corner early in his career and is busy doing what winners do...... working hard.

That being said, I personally think Kaaya will be special...real special. Peyton Manning's skills in Jason Taylor's body. But, whether I'm right or not about Kaaya, this QB comp should be fun to watch for the next couple years.

He was

Sick of hearing about it. I don't give a **** what he did last year. My concern lies in what he will do this year.

The people that are questioning K.O character based on his freshman year of college never been to college.

For every Freshman who makes a "mistake" and becomes a success there's hundred who flame out. That's undeniable.

As for the people talking like this was some kind of rights to passage, that's BS. He was doing the wrong **** before he got here and kept it going. Then AG had to call him out, get his family involved and he still gets suspended and left home from the bowl game. So this isn't some isolated incident and if anything, the jury is still out after a couple of "clean" months.

Of course no one has mentioned how much more prepared he'd be if had taken last season seriously. And please don't compare Olsen to Manziel and JW, it's ridiculous (I hope it's not but it is). And please stop with the "laid" BS. You can party and get laid and not get suspended and ball out.

I'm also not saying that he can't be a good QB and I'll root for him as hard as any of our Qbs. But I think Kaaya's attitude, leadership, size and athleticism are better than Olsen. Kaaya put his team on his back and beat the best comp in Cali. Olsen got hurt his senior year so he hasn't played a ton of live in the past two years. Obviously I hope I'm terribly wrong about Olsen and I'll gladly take the *** ban bet.

Advertisement
Pretty sure no players plans are to come in and sit on their *** for a year, but when reality hits you. With tons off new plays, formations, and the speed of the game. Then you are speaking of the QB position. In which it is very rare for anyone to come in, and take even the trashiest players job.

You guys seriously need to pump your Kaaya love fest down. If it's like anything else. Come mid season, and a new QB commits. He will be the next savior.

Kaaya will be sitting in Olsen shadow for sometime, and if anyone has half a brain. They will see that as a great thing.

OP,

Lot's of anger ITT but not one solid point about why Olsen is sure thing to start. Still waiting.

I think everyone is still waiting for you to make a "solid" point, unless you define "solid" as pure speculation.

And based on your prediction in the OP, I'll ask you again: would you like to wager something on that? Perhaps a lifetime ban bet?

Let's do it. Since you have 10k+ posts and I have 100, clearly posting here is very important to you so I love the payoff of your personal life crumbling. If Williams doesn't come back by game 3, I say Kaaya gets the start over Olsen.

Enjoy your short stay.

Advertisement
OP,

Enjoy your short stay.

does that mean you took the bet? cause the line moved after today....

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who thinks Olsen is a sure thing to beat out Kaaya is outside their mind.

First off...Kaaya is Coley's hand picked stud recruit. Secondly...the year and a half "advantage" that Olsen is suppose to have from an experience standpoint is null and void. He's making the same mistakes a straight-outta-high schooler would make at this point.

Gonna repeat what I said in one of the practice threads from a few weeks back...the thing that most young QB's struggle with is decision making. The issue that worries me about Olsen isn't so much his decision making as it is his accuracy. We saw today the same thing that's been going on in practice.....he often makes the right read but when he misses, he misses high and badly.

Decision making , in my opinion, is more correctable than accuracy issues. The former can be helped with experience and repetitions. The latter is usually something a QB either has or doesn't.

I really hope I'm wrong...but at this point I don't think there's any way we DON'T have a full fledged QB controversy the second Kaaya gets on campus. He'll be given every opportunity to win the job.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who thinks Olsen is a sure thing to beat out Kaaya is outside their mind.

First off...Kaaya is Coley's hand picked stud recruit. Secondly...the year and a half "advantage" that Olsen is suppose to have from an experience standpoint is null and void. He's making the same mistakes a straight-outta-high schooler would make at this point.

Gonna repeat what I said in one of the practice threads from a few weeks back...the thing that most young QB's struggle with is decision making. The issue that worries me about Olsen isn't so much his decision making as it is his accuracy. We saw today the same thing that's been going on in practice.....he often makes the right read but when he misses, he misses high and badly.

Decision making , in my opinion, is more correctable than accuracy issues. The former can be helped with experience and repetitions. The latter is usually something a QB either has or doesn't.

I really hope I'm wrong...but at this point I don't think there's any way we DON'T have a full fledged QB controversy the second Kaaya gets on campus. He'll be given every opportunity to win the job.

Setting up to be a good ole 4 corner strap match type of battle --- Treon as special guest referee?

Setting up to be a good ole 4 corner strap match type of battle --- Treon as special guest referee?

With the weapons we have all we need is a guy that can get the ball out quick, with accuracy, and not turn the ball over. We have enough of a running game with Duke and Yearby to protect whoever lines up back there...but that guy has to give the team a chance by not turning the ball over.

I just feel like I've seen this scenario before...innacurate QB's tend to stay inaccurate. I'm looking forward to seeing how Kaaya looks.

Advertisement
Back