Kaaya ain't coming here to hold a clipboard

OP,

You sound like you write murder mysteries...
Are you the writer for Nancy Drew

Advertisement
Kaaya left offers on the table from UCLA/ USC and his whole life 2500 miles away to come here and start. No distractions, no girlfriends, no family. He is going to totally immerse himself in Cane football. He knows that Olsen screwed off his whole freshman year and will be entering competition only a couple of months behind him.

One of the best things about Kaaya's arrival is that Olsen can never get comfortable. That little grin that Olsen had during the interview after Williams got hurt will go away the first day he sees Kaaya's determination on that field in May. Olsen can't go back to the shore this summer because he knows Kaaya's not going home and will take advantage of it and we'll see if Olsen is serious about football or not.

I'm not choosing sides because I want the best player to win the competition. But Olsen's first year revealed a little bit about his character. Kaaya is leaving everything behind and taking a huge leap of faith despite all of the detractors that still are in his ear about coming to the U.

My prediction: If Williams doesn't come back (he is the ideal starter this year IMO), Kaaya will take the job by week 3 and never look back. JMO.

are you referring to an 18 y.o. freshman,first time away from home in miami with pus.sy galore to choose from. Yeah, he is a bust.

I flunked out my freshman year, got scholly taken from me due to 0.0 GPA.....I eventually earned my PhD...let that sink in and stop reading so much into what this KID did his FRESHMAN year.

Congratulations! That's a big achievement.

Uhhhgggg Sabetta either you stole this from Damien Black or you are Damien Black... Either way
[/URL][/IMG]

I think Kaaya's biggest asset this year is just being on campus to push Olsen. I personally don't think he'll get the starting nod unless KO is injured, but he's certainly got enough talent to let KO know he's coming...

OP,

Maybe the set up was dramatic but it's true.

Lot's of anger ITT but not one solid point about why Olsen is sure thing to start. Still waiting.

Advertisement
Olsen - longer in the system, next man up, Golden has a history of playing more experienced players. Already leading the offense in practice so it would take a lot of work to unseat him (though certainly not impossible.)

That's my opinion at least.

I think some of you guys need to take baby steps with respect to your expectations of Kaaya. The 1st step in his progression is to see if he can even beat out Gray Crow to be a solid #2. If he does that, I think Olsen can start worrying.

But let's get BK on campus 1st and watch him this summer/fall, before we start making him the Savior.

Baby steps, fellas.

Had Kaaya been here for Spring he'd have a decent chance of starting but I doubt a true freshman without a spring under his belt will come in and get any significant PT, regardless of talent level.

Advertisement
If Kaaya gets the nod then either A.) He is a freak with football knowledge and learning the playbook or B.) Olsen is really that bad. Realistically it would probably be B.

Anytime a guy who has been on the team for less then 4 months gets the nod then that just means to me that what he can do physically out weighs what he doesn't know mentally.

I literally laughed out loud while reading that. Man I love the optimism of Spring. Whew! I needed that.

/Still laughing

I think Kaaya's biggest asset this year is just being on campus to push Olsen. I personally don't think he'll get the starting nod unless KO is injured, but he's certainly got enough talent to let KO know he's coming...

Agreed, and if Olsen were to get injured later in the year Williams would likely regain the starting role, not Kaaya. Kaaya has a world of potential, but he's a true freshman and not even an EE.

Olsen will be the starter. I think Kaaya is going to come in a LOT better than most people think. The ONE thing I sense from the kid is he's incredibly mature and that maturity and work ethic is going to turn some heads this fall. Physically I think he's also peaking at the right time, but he is still going to be a true Frosh and adjusting to the speed of the college game is not just going to happen in a few weeks.

What it WILL do, I think, is force Olsen to ge really serious and either sh*t or get off the pot. I REALLY hope he's not in Jersey this summer f*cking off, instead of being in the Gables working with is receivers and studying the playbook, working on his technique, footwork, etc. Its time for him to step up. Kaaya breathing down his neck is going to force him to man up.

I think if its even close, Golden will go with Olsen as having more experience. BUT, I would not TOTALLY rule out Kaaya pulling a shocker here.

Advertisement
I pray Kaaya holds the clipboard for at least one year and battles his *** off next spring for the starting spot. Anything short of that means our program is in serious trouble at QB (injury, blowouts, etc.). It would be a life-felony if Olsen can't get it done in 2014 with Duke, Yearby, Gus, Coley, Lewis, Scott, Dorsett, Berrios and Walford riding with him.

I'm sure Olsen took a good look at Kaaya and thought "I better get my **** together"

Regardless of how it plays out, Kaaya looks like he is coming in strong and Olsen looks to be improving quickly. It's a bright future for us at the position.

This. Whoever ends up winning the job for the next few years at least its a competition between 2 high end prospects. We should have some pretty high end QB play in 2015, 2016.

I agree that the best player should win. That said, I like certain attributes from both. Kaaya is a stud. He came out of no where and carried his team. There is no doubt he is skilled. But Olsen has skills also. A year ago, everyone here was praising him. Yes, he messed around his freshman year... That's what most people do. I like the confidence he carries. Overconfidence can be worrisome, bit I'll take that swagger over fear any day of the week. We need guys with attitude on this team. I'm confident in both. And I have no problems rolling with either a red shirt or true freshman. May the best qb win

Advertisement
OP,

Lot's of anger ITT but not one solid point about why Olsen is sure thing to start. Still waiting.

I think everyone is still waiting for you to make a "solid" point, unless you define "solid" as pure speculation.

And based on your prediction in the OP, I'll ask you again: would you like to wager something on that? Perhaps a lifetime ban bet?

OP,

I think everyone is still waiting for you to make a "solid" point, unless you define "solid" as pure speculation.

And based on your prediction in the OP, I'll ask you again: would you like to wager something on that? Perhaps a lifetime ban bet?
139.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Stupidity...

Kaaya left offers on the table from UCLA/ USC and his whole life 2500 miles away to come here and start. No distractions, no girlfriends, no family. He is going to totally immerse himself in Cane football. He knows that Olsen screwed off his whole freshman year and will be entering competition only a couple of months behind him.

One of the best things about Kaaya's arrival is that Olsen can never get comfortable. That little grin that Olsen had during the interview after Williams got hurt will go away the first day he sees Kaaya's determination on that field in May. Olsen can't go back to the shore this summer because he knows Kaaya's not going home and will take advantage of it and we'll see if Olsen is serious about football or not.

I'm not choosing sides because I want the best player to win the competition. But Olsen's first year revealed a little bit about his character. Kaaya is leaving everything behind and taking a huge leap of faith despite all of the detractors that still are in his ear about coming to the U.

My prediction: If Williams doesn't come back (he is the ideal starter this year IMO), Kaaya will take the job by week 3 and never look back. JMO.

A lot of y'all got high expectations for a true freshman lol keep dreaming

Same people were saying similar things about Olsen. It would be best for both to end up ballers. Olsen kills it for a few years and then Kaaya gets his turn. In a game where Johnny Manziel, Winston and Luck all redshirted, I don't expect Kaaya to come in here setting the world on fire from day 1.

Advertisement
Back