Just got off the phone with Spectrum re: ACC Network

Advertisement
so watch ESPN will include ACCN games even if your provider login doesn't have ACCN sub? i find it hard to believe since you need a cable login

Don't worry sonny...RVA gets my humor. In fact...he's kinda rubbing off on me...I'm 36 and that's the first time I've ever said sonny to someone.
Lol. Yeah, we’re all good - me, you and Rev. I was laughing as I read it because I’m about a step above that plug in the tv level.

Advertisement
I see Hulu as an app but not Hulu Live. I don’t see any apps on the tv for ESPN.

Talking to a friend today who only has streaming services. He has a smart TV, roku, and the apple TV. Also just got the fire stick but hasn't set it up. He said the TV streaming is by far the worst and doesn't even bother with it. Between the other two he says roku goes the fastest. I think he sticks to the boxes because he doesn't like the sticks. So you may want to think about getting a streaming device. Personally I like the Fire TV though its all preferences. You might want to think about getting something instead of trying to fiddle around with the TV.

@D RevLee where do you find that ESPN+ has the ACC network? Is it just that it is suppose to have most/all college football streaming? If it is going to carry all the UM games I might go with that instead. Will it cover all the games even the UF game? What if the UF game is on some non-ESPN / non-Disney channel live will it still have that?

Talking to a friend today who only has streaming services. He has a smart TV, roku, and the apple TV. Also just got the fire stick but hasn't set it up. He said the TV streaming is by far the worst and doesn't even bother with it. Between the other two he says roku goes the fastest. I think he sticks to the boxes because he doesn't like the sticks. So you may want to think about getting a streaming device. Personally I like the Fire TV though its all preferences. You might want to think about getting something instead of trying to fiddle around with the TV.

@D RevLee where do you find that ESPN+ has the ACC network? Is it just that it is suppose to have most/all college football streaming? If it is going to carry all the UM games I might go with that instead. Will it cover all the games even the UF game? What if the UF game is on some non-ESPN / non-Disney channel live will it still have that?

only thing i found with the digital part of ACCN is
  • Once ACCN launches in August 2019, provided you are a customer who receives ACCN from your pay TV provider, you will have access to ACCNE via the ESPN App.
from what i found, ACCN is not included with ESPN Plus. they will have ACC Network Extra which launched in 16 but ACCN will be linear only. so no, dont buy ESPN plus if youre expecting to get acc network

I’ll say this as a general aside, but it’s pertinent to this conversation.

These cable companies and networks are getting real in their battles. I was just flipping through some channels tonight and saw that CBS is no longer available on my service (U-verse), basically their dispute has gotten to the point where now AT&T doesn’t carry CBS.

Although this is not a direct impact to what we were talking about, ACCN etc, this new ACC network couldn’t be dropping at a worse time.

There is a real battle among the companies especially during this transitory period. I can’t get CBS. I really don’t care about it now, but when football season starts I’m going to be really ****ed. NFL games, college football games, etc.

Advertisement

These cable companies and networks are getting real in their battles. I was just flipping through some channels tonight and saw that CBS is no longer available on my service (U-verse), basically their dispute has gotten to the point where now AT&T doesn’t carry CBS.

Although this is not a direct impact to what we were talking about, ACCN etc, this new ACC network couldn’t be dropping at a worse time.

There is a real battle among the companies especially during this transitory period. I can’t get CBS. I really don’t care about it now, but when football season starts I’m going to be really ****ed. NFL games, college football games, etc.

dish lost Fox Sports Florida

only thing i found with the digital part of ACCN is
  • Once ACCN launches in August 2019, provided you are a customer who receives ACCN from your pay TV provider, you will have access to ACCNE via the ESPN App.
from what i found, ACCN is not included with ESPN Plus. they will have ACC Network Extra which launched in 16 but ACCN will be linear only. so no, dont buy ESPN plus if youre expecting to get acc network

My only interest in ACCN is to get UM games that air on there. If ESPN+ has every UM game no matter where it airs on TV then I am all good with that. So far on the schedule everything is on an ESPN network or not decided yet. Well, FIU is currently list on CBSSN.

Advertisement
Looks like some providers are starting the move to add the ACC channel. Dish and Sling cutting Fox Sports Florida from their basic line up. My guess is this is where they will put the ACC channel in to fill the hole. You have to go to Fox Sports Go to watch the Fox Sports regionals. DIRECTV and DIRECTV Now have added CBS to the local channels they have cut during contract negotiations. Already have cut NBC locals. If this lasts until Football season, lots of College and NFL broadcasts will be affected.

I think there's another reason too. When Disney bought Fox, they were required to sell the local Fox Sports affiliates. Seeing as how much of the local Fox Sports programming has been college sports (which, among the Power 5, are now moving over to conference channels), I would imagine that there will be some sort of aggregation of Fox Sports channels, and you will see fewer of them in the future.

Although I will say, that when I look at my channel lineup on Spectrum, I do see a helluva lot of Pac 12 channels, and they have the weakest set of cable network deals. By that measure, we've GOT to get AT LEAST one ACC channel...

Make sure your TV is plugged in first. Use the cord with the double prong and insert the prongs into any standard electrical outlet.

Both ends of the electrical cord should be plugged in as well. It's a common mistake to forget about plugging the cord into the back of the TV.

Wow, I’m not seeing google play store. I need to go into my cable account and see if I can do something there on their website.

One quick note, and this one is not sarcastic. Most of the smart TVs allow you to update your firmware every so often, so you might want to check if you can update what's on your Bravia. The "Bravia" brand name has been out for a while, so it's hard to say what's what.

I all honesty, consider purchasing a newer TV, the price vs. feature mix has REALLY improved. You can get a pretty **** good TV for a very low price right now. I have 4 different Samsungs, and they are all less than 2 years old.

If you can't get apps, maybe you can call Sony and find out if there are any updates for your Bravia model.

Best of luck to you, sir.

Advertisement
Reddit. Feed2all. Firstrowsports.

Highly inconsistent for non-marquee matchups. Quality, consistency and availability is not there. No DVR sucks too. As a Canadian the only streams that are decent are the big games but even then the NCAA has gotten more strict about shutting them down (like grandmastreams). Plus I can just watch those games on broadcast TV most of the time. It's the rote ACC matchups that I need to stream and it's rarely a good experience.

I use League Pass + VPN for NBA and if there was a comparable option for CFB I'd use it. Hulu and Youtube don't list ACCN yet.

One quick note, and this one is not sarcastic. Most of the smart TVs allow you to update your firmware every so often, so you might want to check if you can update what's on your Bravia. The "Bravia" brand name has been out for a while, so it's hard to say what's what.

I all honesty, consider purchasing a newer TV, the price vs. feature mix has REALLY improved. You can get a pretty **** good TV for a very low price right now. I have 4 different Samsungs, and they are all less than 2 years old.

If you can't get apps, maybe you can call Sony and find out if there are any updates for your Bravia model.

Best of luck to you, sir.
Thanks man, that’s so crazy as I bought this tv in late winter/early spring of 2018

It all depends on who wins the negotiation. If the providers win, look for all of those sitting on the sideline to start threatening to drop access to channels to get their piece of the pie. If the networks win, look for provider rates to go up. Either way, the user gets F'd.

Advertisement
Back