Just got off the phone with Spectrum re: ACC Network

Advertisement
I have also been trying to research ESPN+. It looks like at best it would be supplemental. Basically they show non-power 5 games or games that aren't aired anywhere else as far as I can tell. So it seems like it is Hulu Live TV is probably going to be the option unless other services start getting ACC Network very soon.

Advertisement
I have also been trying to research ESPN+. It looks like at best it would be supplemental. Basically they show non-power 5 games or games that aren't aired anywhere else as far as I can tell. So it seems like it is Hulu Live TV is probably going to be the option unless other services start getting ACC Network very soon.

idk who guaranteed plus would have it. its linear only and you don't get the channel unless you have it through reg cable (like classic or U)

idk who guaranteed plus would have it. its linear only and you don't get the channel unless you have it through reg cable (like classic or U)

Looking at @D RevLee 's statements I got that he was saying that. Maybe I took it out of context. At the very least he seemed to say you can get ACC Network games. Which from what I have been able to find I doubt you get ACC Network games on ESPN+.

Looking at @D RevLee 's statements I got that he was saying that. Maybe I took it out of context. At the very least he seemed to say you can get ACC Network games. Which from what I have been able to find I doubt you get ACC Network games on ESPN+.

if he said that, then he was mistaken. currently, Plus will not have ACCN games.

Advertisement
OK, so I called in to Spectrum (Orlando) to do the whole "I want my MTV" thing, and to tell them if they did NOT add the ACC Network, that I was going to cut the cord.

And I'm not sure if I spoke to a complete moron (I have other reasons for saying that), but I was told the following.

She said that I would have to upgrade to the "Spectrum Gold" package (apparently, in Orlando, most of us are on the legacy Brighthouse cable packages), but she said that I WOULD have ACC Network. Of course, the drawback is that I would have to take Big 10 Network and all the other ****ty sports networks, but hey, I guess I have to do what I have to do.

I would encourage everyone to make the call and see if they reach a similar outcome.

Go Canes!
Cool, now I know who to call when I want Michigan St. women's volleyball updates.

It sounds like Uverse is a disaster right now. We've been without the NFL network for about 2 months (not a big deal right now) and now CBS has been gone since Sunday. And they're losing cable customers at a rate of 8% YOY. Maybe my hopes for the ACC Network showing up on Uverse in August don't have as strong a chance of coming through as I initially thought.

ACC or ACCN only games? if its ACC games that air on reg ESPN networks then thats always been there obviously. if its ACCN games, you need to have that channel as part of your package to be able to get a digital feed.

Yeah, several people (including D Rev Lee) pretty much said that "all you need" is ESPN+. Not true.

And this thread has gone way off the path. I know there are a ton of guys who are going to tout "cord cutting" and tell you all the great ways to save $50. Fine.

But we have had previous questions to whether CABLE CARRIERS were going to add ACCN by August.

Spectrum is.

And when other cable carriers give the same indication, I would hope that we could get an update.

As for all the cord-cutters, feel free to open up a separate thread in The Lounge.

Advertisement
No deal yet for Spectrum (parent company is Charter) to carry ACC Network yet. In fact, their deal for ESPN itself has technically expired with ACC Network as one of the hangups. This almost guarantees that they will carry the network by launch day though, because there’s no way they lose ESPN.

It’s eerie silence with the other major providers. SEC Network had a lot of late deals too so hopefully we get a flurry soon.

Did u download it to your TV?

U want to go to the apps part on your TV and u should see something called Google Play Store. Click on that then search ESPN and download it.

Then once u have espn downloaded, open it and u should see a ESPN+ tab.

So you have to have ESPN+? That’s the part I can’t find an answer on. You surenit wont be part of the regular espn lineup like 1,2, U, SeC network, longhorn network etc.... you don’t have to have plus to view those

Advertisement
So you have to have ESPN+? That’s the part I can’t find an answer on. You surenit wont be part of the regular espn lineup like 1,2, U, SeC network, longhorn network etc.... you don’t have to have plus to view those

you cannot get ACCN without actually subscribing to it. ESPN PLUS doesn't give it to u. stop listening to others lol

Even if you get the ACCN, you might be disappointed. UM will have to share the network with 15 other schools, if you count Notre Shame as part of the ACC outside of Football.

Received an email from DirecTV Now. They were advertising the upcoming College FB season. They did not include the ACCN as part of their FB package channels. That may change later, but I would not count on it. Ever since AT&T took over they have engaged in pricing fights with NBC and CBS.

Advertisement
Back