Just got off the phone with Spectrum re: ACC Network

Advertisement
How to stream YouTube TV abroad with a VPN
Getting started is simple, even if you’ve never used a VPN before. Just follow the steps below to unblock YouTube TV when out of the US:

1. Start by signing up to a suitable VPN service (we recommend ExpressVPN).
  2. Next, install the VPN software. Most services offer apps for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android, so make sure to get the right version.
  3. Log in to the VPN app.
  4. Connect to one of your VPN’s US servers.
  5. If you haven’t already, create a YouTube TV account. Note that this will require a payment method linked to a US address.
  6. Try loading video on YouTube TV. It should start playing almost immediately, but if not, try refreshing the page or clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.
tenor.gif

Which is better YouTubetv or Hulu? Both have ACCN, but which is better to watch it on?

I don't have either nor tried either. I am going to look up the channels they carry versus the price and would suggest you do the same. I do think the Hulu Live comes with the Hulu catalogue which I have wanted to check out anyway. Plus I believe Hulu Live TV has all the ESPN channels that might carry Miami games. Not sure if YouTubeTV does or doesn't.

off topic but 13.99 for ESPN Plus, Disney Plus, and Hulu altogether in the new pricing plan. not a bad deal if you want more sports, access to articles on ESPN and have kids.

Advertisement
off topic but 13.99 for ESPN Plus, Disney Plus, and Hulu altogether in the new pricing plan. not a bad deal if you want more sports, access to articles on ESPN and have kids.

You'll have to be careful on this deal.

ESPN Plus will NOT have ACC Network.

"Hulu" MIGHT have ACC Network, but only as a part of their "Hulu + Live TV". For that price, it sounds like it will be "regular Hulu" (streaming of previously broadcast shows, but not live shows).

HULU + LIVE TV
More Than Just Live TV
Watch your favorite live sports, news, entertainment, and more. Plus, get unlimited access to the entire Hulu streaming library – all for only $44.99/month. Try one week free. Cancel anytime.

Caveat emptor.

I don't have either nor tried either. I am going to look up the channels they carry versus the price and would suggest you do the same. I do think the Hulu Live comes with the Hulu catalogue which I have wanted to check out anyway. Plus I believe Hulu Live TV has all the ESPN channels that might carry Miami games. Not sure if YouTubeTV does or doesn't.
YTTV is awesome....they have all the sports channels, by far the best DVR (for streaming) low price and also includes YT Red. I tried it out and would've kept it but the wife needed a couple channels they didn't have and prefers the traditional DVRs

EspnPlus is a worthless product for average sports fans.

It gets you is European soccer games, G5 & FCS football games, and out of market MLB & MLS games. Also it gives you the capability to buy UFC PPV's through its platform.

It doesn't give you the ability to watch anything that comes on all other ESPN channels.

YTTV is awesome....they have all the sports channels, by far the best DVR (for streaming) low price and also includes YT Red. I tried it out and would've kept it but the wife needed a couple channels they didn't have and prefers the traditional DVRs

Thanks. I have seen people rave about their DVR. To be honest I don't care about a DVR. What is in YT Red? Pretty much only getting either service to get Miami games and not caring much else about live TV. Hulu's library interests me as I want to try some of their originals and also like some of the shows they have (like every Star Trek).

@TheOriginalCane I understand you really love cable and might work for them in some capacity. I feel you are trying too hard here. Hulu Live TV was the first to announce that they will have the ESPN ACC network from what I can tell. So that seems to be a pretty done deal. Also the live tv means you are getting it live. Though you also get access to their library of shows.

Advertisement
Called about this a few days ago and they said they don't know yet. Basically, wait until it launches and see if we get it

Appreciate it, my wife wants to cut the cord/dish but I don’t for the very reason non of my friends who have done so can tell me how to watch all the College Football channels I need. Right now we lowered our DirectTV to pretty much the most basic package and I use my parents Directv login (they have a more upgraded package) on my Apple TV ESPN app. Just have a feeling I’m going to have to upgrade to get ACCNetwork unless it’s on the same package of SECN

Thanks. I have seen people rave about their DVR. To be honest I don't care about a DVR. What is in YT Red? Pretty much only getting either service to get Miami games and not caring much else about live TV. Hulu's library interests me as I want to try some of their originals and also like some of the shows they have (like every Star Trek).

@TheOriginalCane I understand you really love cable and might work for them in some capacity. I feel you are trying too hard here. Hulu Live TV was the first to announce that they will have the ESPN ACC network from what I can tell. So that seems to be a pretty done deal. Also the live tv means you are getting it live. Though you also get access to their library of shows.
YoutubeRed is not that good compared to the Hulu Library. But you have to watch commercials with Hulu unless you pay more.

If all you care about is football games, I think sling and buying an antenna for the local channels is the best bc its only $25.

YT Red is their original programming and I believe has no ads

Appreciate it, my wife wants to cut the cord/dish but I don’t for the very reason non of my friends who have done so can tell me how to watch all the College Football channels I need. Right now we lowered our DirectTV to pretty much the most basic package and I use my parents Directv login (they have a more upgraded package) on my Apple TV ESPN app. Just have a feeling I’m going to have to upgrade to get ACCNetwork unless it’s on the same package of SECN
I'm going try my parents login with the app too but a lot of the channels don't seem to work. It's also said something about having to be on the same WiFi as their box, you haven't had any issues with that?

Advertisement
I'm going try my parents login with the app too but a lot of the channels don't seem to work. It's also said something about having to be on the same WiFi as their box, you haven't had any issues with that?

No I haven’t yet, honestly the only issues I have is when I try and watch ESPN on my phone. For some reason it picks up that location and shuts it down (currently it’s working). I’m a Michigan hoops fan (don’t kill me people) but I can’t watch Big aren’t Network on the app but if I use parents login for Directv I can watch it on Directv app.

LOL each Saturday I sweat a bit with a fear they will cut that 💩 off

No I haven’t yet, honestly the only issues I have is when I try and watch ESPN on my phone. For some reason it picks up that location and shuts it down (currently it’s working). I’m a Michigan hoops fan (don’t kill me people) but I can’t watch Big aren’t Network on the app but if I use parents login for Directv I can watch it on Directv app.

LOL each Saturday I sweat a bit with a fear they will cut that 💩 off
Thanks, it's weird for me too. Some channels work and others don't. I even get Palm Beach local ABC and my parents is Ft. Myers, idk if it blocks stuff due to location but it shouldn't, they are supposed to be able to watch all their channels wherever they are. Hopefully it works or I'll have to re-up YTTV for the season.

Thanks, it's weird for me too. Some channels work and others don't. I even get Palm Beach local ABC and my parents is Ft. Myers, idk if it blocks stuff due to location but it shouldn't, they are supposed to be able to watch all their channels wherever they are. Hopefully it works or I'll have to re-up YTTV for the season.

My parents live in Michigan but I currently was not scheduled to get ESPNU or ESPN News and NFL Network on my TV, but for some reason the last month or so they are working, so not sure if those have been added to my package.

Advertisement
My parents live in Michigan but I currently was not scheduled to get ESPNU or ESPN News and NFL Network on my TV, but for some reason the last month or so they are working, so not sure if those have been added to my package.
Yeah, you reminded me also that I can try ESPN app with their login if I have trouble with the DTV app. Hopefully one will work.

YoutubeRed is not that good compared to the Hulu Library. But you have to watch commercials with Hulu unless you pay more.

If all you care about is football games, I think sling and buying an antenna for the local channels is the best bc its only $25.

Commercials don't bother me. I don't mind being cheap and letting advertisers pay for it a bit. See it on IMDB and the only thing I wish is that they would line up the commercials with the original break points the shows had for them. Though we are probably a ways away from that.

I am just interested in Hurricane games. Also am well out of the viewing area. So whatever I pick would have to get me that. When I originally looked the ACC network was the biggest sticking point and at the time only Hulu had it. Looks like the other services are starting to get it.

Are you nuts? I don't "really love cable" and I've certainly never worked for any cable conglomerate. I'm not "trying too hard here".

But D Rev Lee (and others) have given mistaken information about how easy (and cheaply) it will be to get ACC Network from streaming services.

I started the thread to provide information for people who will continue to get their programming via cable, because the news about cable carriage contracts for the ACC Network had been dismal.

And I certainly provided ACCURATE information on the difference between the just-announced Hulu $13/month package and the DIFFERENT Hulu + Live offering, which is $45/month.

If you are just here to slobber over cable-cutting, or you are against accurate information, that's up to you.

I have no dog in the fight. I'm going to do what I'm going to do to get ACC Network. Feel free to start your own fan website for cable-cutters.

For those asking, Hulu + Live TV will have ACC Network. Uverse just tried raising my cable bill so I cut the cord and switched to Hulu + Live TV for $45 a month (I was already paying for Hulu, so I look at it as $39 a month). Solid selection of sports channels, so I'm recommending it to those interested.

Advertisement
Back