Just got off the phone with Spectrum re: ACC Network

So I went from paying 140 something for a grandfathered in package where the speed was only 20 mps to paying 60 for only internet at 100 mps. Doing the speed tests I tend to be a little bit faster than what I am suppose to on either one but I am not complaining. They did try to get me to keep cable and I think were offering me a retention price but I don't really use cable or anything like it. Each person is different and if you want the cable experience and have to have certain channels then cable might be cheaper.

From what I can tell the plan price cable companies quote is rather competitive. Once you throw in all the fees and forced equipment rentals it jumps way past the other options. Though you need to do your own research on what you really want, what you are paying, and what your options are. If you already have specifics I could try and help some. Though my biggest suggestion is just cut everything and see what you are truly craving. I thought I had to have 10 different channels and once I just went with prime I didn't care for any of those channels. The only show I miss is Walking Dead.

Also while I had Prime it was originally for shipping. After I started to see all the things included in it for streaming I had even less use for cable. I have never had Hulu or Netflix as I figured I was already paying a ton for cable so no need to pay for this other stuff. Have seen so many people who pay a ton for cable, then also have Prime, Netflix, HBO and other things. If you have all those things you could probably just cut cable, spend your TV time going through that other stuff, and never really run out of new things to watch.

Really, if ESPN offered a streaming service that covered UM games I would go with that rather than looking for some of these options. Whatever option I get I plan to only keep for as long as the season goes.
Thank you for this!

Advertisement
I just called Uverse and asked for ACCN, they told me "negotiations are still in progress." I told them "adios" and cut the cord on the spot. Will be looking into Vue, YTTV, or Hulu once we get closer to football season. For now, I'm going minimalistic and seeing how it works out for me.

Advertisement
I just called Uverse and asked for ACCN, they told me "negotiations are still in progress." I told them "adios" and cut the cord on the spot. Will be looking into Vue, YTTV, or Hulu once we get closer to football season. For now, I'm going minimalistic and seeing how it works out for me.

I think I’m going YTTV for the ACCN. Seems like people here are more pleased with it and its “DVR” than Hulu-live

left uverse during nfl playoffs last year to youtube tv and it was worth it. YTTV has every sport channel besides NFL network. Its $5 more than hulu but hulu live does not have mlb network or nba tv while you tube tv does. if you have att phone plan you and you have uvese internet you get i discount i pay $30 for 300 internet fiber speed. only complain would be that it delayed but not by a lot i would like 10-15 seconds.

left uverse during nfl playoffs last year to youtube tv and it was worth it. YTTV has every sport channel besides NFL network. Its $5 more than hulu but hulu live does not have mlb network or nba tv while you tube tv does. if you have att phone plan you and you have uvese internet you get i discount i pay $30 for 300 internet fiber speed. only complain would be that it delayed but not by a lot i would like 10-15 seconds.

phone plan as in a land line or a cell phone plan? the criminals at at&t are charging me $70/month for internet right now

Advertisement
Will be shocked if U-verse doesn't sign up Acc Network
Just today around and hour ago they unveiled the studio for the Acc network and the announcers via U-verse using the espn app.

I think the minimalistic approach is the best. You get to find out what you really want to see versus what you were turning on because it was the least of the worst and you were tired of looking.

What’s the word on the street on Comcast and ACCN? I’m a Comcast subscriber. Am I going to have to add another service to watch my U on the ACCN?

did you cut the cord as well?

Not 100%.....because of my other half. If it was up to me, I’d be 100% streaming.

My ideal setup would be 100% streaming, with a high speed (100MBPS) connection and an HD antenna connected to DVR (like Tanto) for all the local TV stations & PBS.

I’d still get HBO, ESPN, etc by subscription and NFL Sunday ticket.

I’d like to run this set up, and then see how I like it after a month or two and adjust accordingly. I could always go back to a very basic cable subscription or very basic U-verse subscription if I need to

Got to work on the ball and chain though

Advertisement
What’s the word on the street on Comcast and ACCN? I’m a Comcast subscriber. Am I going to have to add another service to watch my U on the ACCN?

I called and they said they would get back to me and never did.

Worse comes to worse I'm going to just subscribe for the free week of Hulu for UNC and I'm going to the other game since it is at home. Every single other game is on comcast apparently....don't quote me on it though....

Not 100%.....because of my other half. If it was up to me, I’d be 100% streaming.

My ideal setup would be 100% streaming, with a high speed (100MBPS) connection and an HD antenna connected to DVR (like Tanto) for all the local TV stations & PBS.

I’d still get HBO, ESPN, etc by subscription and NFL Sunday ticket.

I’d like to run this set up, and then see how I like it after a month or two and adjust accordingly. I could always go back to a very basic cable subscription or very basic U-verse subscription if I need to

Got to work on the ball and chain though

I would run the numbers to see if you save money and how much you would save. Then if its significant enough present them and ask if she wants to save that money for a vacation or if being able to watch L&O reruns and Pets 101 is more worth it?

Advertisement
ACCN will have an alternate broadcast of the Florida game

• All ACC Watch Party: Miami vs. Florida
    The Week 0 Camping World Kickoff game between Miami and Florida in Orlando., Fla., on Saturday, Aug. 24, will feature All ACC Watch Party: Miami vs. Florida on ACCN. The show will include analysts Richt and Jon Beason in the Bristol, Conn., studios along with Packer and Durham, reacting to live game action. ESPN college football analyst and former Miami All-American Jonathan Vilma will contribute from Orlando.

I would run the numbers to see if you save money and how much you would save. Then if its significant enough present them and ask if she wants to save that money for a vacation or if being able to watch L&O reruns and Pets 101 is more worth it?

Point taken.

BTW, it’s more that unwatchable shlt on Bravo or other stations like that, that no self respecting male, that’s not a hairdresser or interior decorator, would watch.

Advertisement
Back