Just got off the phone with Spectrum re: ACC Network

TheOriginalCane

So say good night to the bad guy!
Premium
OK, so I called in to Spectrum (Orlando) to do the whole "I want my MTV" thing, and to tell them if they did NOT add the ACC Network, that I was going to cut the cord.

And I'm not sure if I spoke to a complete moron (I have other reasons for saying that), but I was told the following.

She said that I would have to upgrade to the "Spectrum Gold" package (apparently, in Orlando, most of us are on the legacy Brighthouse cable packages), but she said that I WOULD have ACC Network. Of course, the drawback is that I would have to take Big 10 Network and all the other ****ty sports networks, but hey, I guess I have to do what I have to do.

I would encourage everyone to make the call and see if they reach a similar outcome.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
OK, so I called in to Spectrum (Orlando) to do the whole "I want my MTV" thing, and to tell them if they did NOT add the ACC Network, that I was going to cut the cord.

And I'm not sure if I spoke to a complete moron (I have other reasons for saying that), but I was told the following.

She said that I would have to upgrade to the "Spectrum Gold" package (apparently, in Orlando, most of us are on the legacy Brighthouse cable packages), but she said that I WOULD have ACC Network. Of course, the drawback is that I would have to take Big 10 Network and all the other ****ty sports networks, but hey, I guess I have to do what I have to do.

I would encourage everyone to make the call and see if they reach a similar outcome.

Go Canes!

I live near you. I am in Central FL, too. I am cancelling and going with HULU Live. Saving a TON of money bc I only watch football.

Advertisement

Go Canes!

Can you go ahead and check U-verse for me? And while you’re at it check some of the other services too. Also, I need some work done on the outside of my house. Give me some prices for a full paint, and steam cleaning my roof.

Thanks in advance,
OCCC

That's what I wondered because they already have the acc extra. I was hoping that's what the acc network would turn into.

I'm wondering the same. I'm 99.9% confident that UVerse will eventually have ACCN, but just in case it doesn't happen by the time the season starts, it would be great to know if ESPN+ is a viable backup option.

I'm wondering the same. I'm 99.9% confident that UVerse will eventually have ACCN, but just in case it doesn't happen by the time the season starts, it would be great to know if ESPN+ is a viable backup option.

Are you sure about U-verse? Because I’m not. How much sense does it make that it’s going to be on DIRECTV, which is owned by AT&T. But hasn’t been announced for U-verse? God, U-verse is the worst anyway. I need to completely cut the cord

Advertisement
Can you go ahead and check U-verse for me.

Thanks in advance,
OCCC

I've got chat transcripts with UVerse from two different chats in the last 3-4 months where they assured me that they would carry ACCN, in writing. I did that because they were giving me a great deal (basically 50meg internet, plus basically all the cable channels, including sports package, but no movie channels, for about $100/m), but it required a two year commitment. I said ok, but you have to assure me that ACCN will be available.

I do recommend that you do the same. If you log in to your account, the chat feature is great and you can talk to a rep while still getting your work done. Worst case, it gets logged as another customer request for ACCN and you can tell Blake the next time you see him that you did your part, as he CONSTANTLY requested.

I have SlingTV so I am curious to see if that will just add it to the sports package that I have already. Hopefully so, since they included SEC channel

Advertisement
Ive been using SlingTV with ESPN+, might try Hulu this year.

Usually if I'm driving, I stream WQAM 560 through the radio.

...I do get strange looks from me banging on my steering wheel and shouting at the top of my lungs though...

Do you have a setup to watch on the road? I mean while you’re not driving obviously

Are you sure about U-verse? Because I’m not. How much sense does it make that it’s going to be on DIRECTV, which is owned by AT&T. But hasn’t been announced for U-verse? God, U-verse is the worst anyway. I need to completely cut the cord

By the time the season starts, no I'm not sure. But sometime in the next year, yeah I'm pretty confident.

I've tried cutting the cord before, didn't like it. I like my DVR, and I like to punch a button and have the TV come up and punch in the number of the channel I want instead of having to surf, wait for loading, buffer, not be able to pause and rewind with the same functionality. End of the day, I'm now paying for cable about the same as I would for a decent cord cutting provider, and cable is still an upgrade over streaming, IMO, so the price would have to be substantially less for streaming to get me to switch.

I do miss Verizon FIOS, not available in my area, but those ******** were also super expensive and inflexible on discounts and pricing.

By the time the season starts, no I'm not sure. But sometime in the next year, yeah I'm pretty confident.

I've tried cutting the cord before, didn't like it. I like my DVR, and I like to punch a button and have the TV come up and punch in the number of the channel I want instead of having to surf, wait for loading, buffer, not be able to pause and rewind with the same functionality. End of the day, I'm now paying for cable about the same as I would for a decent cord cutting provider, and cable is still an upgrade over streaming, IMO, so the price would have to be substantially less for streaming to get me to switch.

I do miss Verizon FIOS, not available in my area, but those ******** were also super expensive and inflexible on discounts and pricing.
Tried a few streaming options and completely agree. All of their DVRs are terrible, also you can't watch locals out of the area. Plus, as you said, they know you need high speed internet and high/unlimited gigs to stream. I got a better deal bundling with Comcast, without the aforementioned issues.

Advertisement
Back