Just got off the phone with Spectrum re: ACC Network

Y’all still pay for cable?
Enlighten me. What is the best thing out there to get normal channels. A way to get the NHL package when the season comes (go Leafs) and all the other sports a man needs with some cartoon disney stuff for the little one? Feedback appreciated. I'm with Comcast now and they are pants down, ******' on me.

Advertisement
I'll also cut the cord and will go with Hulu live. Just called xfinity yesterday. They are so expensive it's crazy

I have been trying to research to figure out what I would need if I ended up cutting. This seems to be the best option that I could find. Lots of different ESPN channels including the ACC network. I would imagine that would cover all the games for being out of the area.
Yeah I agree. Did the same yesterday and Hulu live seems to be the best option, as long as youTube live does not offer ACCN

My only problem is that I have 3 Tivo Bolt boxes (with lifetime programming) that run off of a Cable Card.

I may still cut the cord, but I'm not against paying for cable either.

At the best, most of these guys are talking about paying $100 to $120 for a wide variety of cable-cutting options. If I go with the quote I just got from Spectrum, we're looking at $185 per month.

Not being judgmental at all, everyone has his/her price point, but I don't mind paying a bit more and having the TiVo Bolt. I can skip commercials with one button and I can watch shows 30% faster on the "QuickMode" setting. It's great for blowing through certain shows, especially when I'm catching up on a backlog of recorded stuff.

People still use TiVo?

Advertisement
Comcast told me they expect it in August but that I needed the sports package, which I have and is of course, an extra cost and an extra fee.
I have Comcast as well. I also have the sports package in which we pay these BS extra fees (Regional sports fee) on top of the package. They don't even carry all the sports package channels in HD even though we pay an HD fee. Glad we'll be getting the ACCN. I wonder if they'll try to increase the sports package fee?

I have Comcast as well. I also have the sports package in which we pay these BS extra fees (Regional sports fee) on top of the package. They don't even carry all the sports package channels in HD even though we pay an HD fee. Glad we'll be getting the ACCN. I wonder if they'll try to increase the sports package fee?

Jesus, some of these companies are still broadcasting non-HD? The fūck...

Comcast told me they expect it in August but that I needed the sports package, which I have and is of course, an extra cost and an extra fee.

So ACC newtwork isn’t part of the ESPN Family? Is it like a regional network that has to be paid for in a sports package, or it is part of ESPN family that is only available in their sports package

Agree, Pac 12 network isn't in HD and we don't get the Longhorn Network. Not that I care much about those but I got both in HD with Dish. I watch a lot of replays in the off-season and standard definition gives me a headache.
The rep made it sound like negotiations were ongoing but they expect to have it, and I'm sure they'll charge more if they can

Advertisement
Agree, Pac 12 network isn't in HD and we don't get the Longhorn Network. Not that I care much about those but I got both in HD with Dish. I watch a lot of replays in the off-season and standard definition gives me a headache.
The rep made it sound like negotiations were ongoing but they expect to have it, and I'm sure they'll charge more if they can

Blows my mind .. no HD on some channels. That’s like basically medieval

I wind up hooking my laptop to my tv via hdmi for PAC-12.com to get their sports in HD. Its's BS that I have to do that to watch the PAC-12 games in HD. Comcast really ****es me off!!!!

So ACC newtwork isn’t part of the ESPN Family? Is it like a regional network that has to be paid for in a sports package, or it is part of ESPN family that is only available in their sports package
That I don't know, she just sounded like that would ensure I get it.

Advertisement
I wind up hooking my laptop to my tv via hdmi for PAC-12.com to get their sports in HD. Its's BS that I have to do that to watch the PAC-12 games in HD. Comcast really ****es me off!!!!
Good call, I'll have to try that. Do you have to use your Comcast login?

People still use TiVo?

They sucked for a while and I got rid of all my old boxes, but the Bolts are pretty amazing. ****, everyone who DVRs is using something that TiVo invented.

I'm not a fan of paying the cable company $10 or $15 a month for every "HD DVR" that they "rent" to me, just so that I can pay them more money for the service too.

TiVo is solid, but the up-front cost can be high.

Advertisement
They sucked for a while and I got rid of all my old boxes, but the Bolts are pretty amazing. ****, everyone who DVRs is using something that TiVo invented.

I'm not a fan of paying the cable company $10 or $15 a month for every "HD DVR" that they "rent" to me, just so that I can pay them more money for the service too.

TiVo is solid, but the up-front cost can be high.

From what i have seen on most equipment that even if you go pretty high end you come out ahead in a year compared to the rental fees. At least that is what it was for modems. Get a 10x better modem for less than a years worth of rental.

Enlighten me. What is the best thing out there to get normal channels. A way to get the NHL package when the season comes (go Leafs) and all the other sports a man needs with some cartoon disney stuff for the little one? Feedback appreciated. I'm with Comcast now and they are pants down, ******' on me.
I mean i love Hulu but it’s preference

From what i have seen on most equipment that even if you go pretty high end you come out ahead in a year compared to the rental fees. At least that is what it was for modems. Get a 10x better modem for less than a years worth of rental.

Agreed.

It's funny, I found a modem/wireless router at Best Buy that works on Spectrum. Paid for itself.

Then, last year, my dad passed away, and I was helping my mom take care of all of her TV/internet stuff. So I bought the same modem/router for her, but we had to take it back to Best Buy because, in addition to having cable and internet with Spectrum, she has REGULAR PHONE SERVICE with Spectrum. And you could only use SPECTRUM's piece-o-****e modem and router (yes, 2 separate components) for the regular phone line.

She's in her 70s, so I couldn't talk her into cutting the regular telephone cord. ****, she's had the same phone number since 1972 (well, we did have to change our area code from 305 to 407 when Orlando started to grow in population).

Advertisement
Back