Just got off the phone with Spectrum re: ACC Network

@Dr.L.ThugU sales these sweet boxes.. Will get you every channel for free for a small fee to him of course.. He will program the **** out of this box and all your tv worries will be gone.. @Ecush @stevehick @FlatlandCane purchased this for themselves and several family members..

View attachment 90673
^^^^^^This guy

tumblr_md8qu41D0Q1rgrfiko6_250.gif

Advertisement
Hulu live is the way to go. Then I stream all my NFL games online without a problem through Reddit stream Links. I pay 50$ a month and get any sports games I want.

I use IPTV and stream the games live. I also get all the premium channels like HBO and newly released movies. I pay $10 pet month. I have it on my phone and screen share it and I also have a computer connected to my smart TV where I stream. Cut the cable cord. I use the provider prime streams.

Advertisement
Are you sure about U-verse? Because I’m not. How much sense does it make that it’s going to be on DIRECTV, which is owned by AT&T. But hasn’t been announced for U-verse? God, U-verse is the worst anyway. I need to completely cut the cord
I finally cut the cord about 3 months ago after saying I was going to do it for years. I left DirecTV, and now have Hulu Live. It's the best decision that I've ever made regarding cable or streaming services. I have Hulu Live, Netflix, and Amazon Prime, and my bill is still about $95 cheaper a month, compared to what I was paying for DirectTV alone. Gained a lot more, but paying a lot less!

I can understand her not wanting to part with that. It feels like such a necessity. Also if you feel its worth paying for then do it. I can't say much against it. I have been paying for cable for 2 years without being really able to use it. (can use it on one TV but not the TV I use by far the most) One thing this experience has taught me is those channels and shows I though I really wanted and needed, in reality I don't care about. They were just the best of what was available but most of it I haven't cared to put in effort to go back to. That is except the walking dead.
If you want to keep the phone number but cancel the phone service part with the cable company...set up a google phone number and port the phone number over. Then buy an Obihai device, it’s probably like $30-50 (haven’t checked lately) and program it with the ported over google phone number. You can plug in a physical land line phone (the Obihai will need to be connected with an Ethernet cable to the router tho). I’ve been using this for years. Outside of the cost of the Obihai and porting there’s no additional fee.

How? Please tell us hiw you do this.
I’m assuming thru Kodi (formerly known as XBMC). You’ll need to install it on the FireStick then install some Addon programs. Note that this is technically illegal content, so you should use a VPN.

Edit: I was replying as I read thru the posts. FYI...installing Kodi on the Firestick is pretty simple, just google it. However, getting good/stable streams can be hit or miss. If you're looking for a straight-forward flawless solution, this probably isn't it. If you don't mind some troubleshooting and tinkering around from time to time...it's certainly worth FREE (outside the cost of the Firestick and VPN service).

Last edited:
All u need is a smart TV and ESPN+ which is like 5 dollars per month. Mirror your phone to your TV and problem solved.

You will have to pay for ESPN+ for this channel? It’s not part of their original channels like ESPNU ESPNNEWS SECN ETC...?

Advertisement
Looks like some providers are starting the move to add the ACC channel. Dish and Sling cutting Fox Sports Florida from their basic line up. My guess is this is where they will put the ACC channel in to fill the hole. You have to go to Fox Sports Go to watch the Fox Sports regionals. DIRECTV and DIRECTV Now have added CBS to the local channels they have cut during contract negotiations. Already have cut NBC locals. If this lasts until Football season, lots of College and NFL broadcasts will be affected.

Hey, you should make a commercial from this. Good stuff.
I’m assuming thru Kodi (formerly known as XBMC). You’ll need to install it on the FireStick then install some Addon programs. Note that this is technically illegal content, so you should use a VPN.

Edit: I was replying as I read thru the posts. FYI...installing Kodi on the Firestick is pretty simple, just google it. However, getting good/stable streams can be hit or miss. If you're looking for a straight-forward flawless solution, this probably isn't it. If you don't mind some troubleshooting and tinkering around from time to time...it's certainly worth FREE (outside the cost of the Firestick and VPN service).

Thanks. Yea, the vpn is a prerequisite

For those who have Hulu live...

How is the DVR functionality. The thing keeping me with Directv is the whole home DVR. I know we would be able to store a little bit compared to now.

But what about if I can't sit and watch an entire game live? Can I set it to record and then start it an hour after it starts? Or do I have to wait until well after the game is over for it to appear on my DVR?

For those who have Hulu live...

How is the DVR functionality. The thing keeping me with Directv is the whole home DVR. I know we would be able to store a little bit compared to now.

But what about if I can't sit and watch an entire game live? Can I set it to record and then start it an hour after it starts? Or do I have to wait until well after the game is over for it to appear on my DVR?

You can watch it as it’s recording

Advertisement
This right here.

I haven't paid a cable bill in almost 2 years. Everything is streamed. Anything u want to watch can be found on streaming apps or a link on the internet then mirrored to your TV.
I need to learn from you. I don’t understand how any of that works.

Holding out YTTV gets it. Got my whole family on my plan. Lol Don’t want grandma to not be able to watch her Tennis and not get my sweet potato pie thanksgiving time.

Advertisement
If u just want ACC Network then subscribe to ESPN+ for $5. That's the easiest and simplest route for people with cable and a smart TV.
Ok. So when I do that, will I automatically get it on my Comcast cable or how do I watch it on the tv? I have tv apps that I access for Netflix and Prime. Will it be in that area on the tv?

Ok. So when I do that, will I automatically get it on my Comcast cable or how do I watch it on the tv? I have tv apps that I access for Netflix and Prime. Will it be in that area on the tv?
Yeah check and see if its on your TV or if u can download it. Even if your TV doesn't support the feature u can download the espn app on your phone, sign in with your cable credentials and mirror it to the TV.

There are several different ways to watch the ACC Network but I think for people who already have cable and don't want to upgrade their package ESPN+ is the best and cheapest route.

Yeah check and see if its on your TV or if u can download it. Even if your TV doesn't support the feature u can download the espn app on your phone, sign in with your cable credentials and mirror it to the TV.

There are several different ways to watch the ACC Network but I think for people who already have cable and don't want to upgrade their package ESPN+ is the best and cheapest route.
It’s not under Apps but when I hit on demand, I have ESPN 1, 2, 3, U And deportes. This is different though, right? I don’t understand mirroring either. Sorry but this is where I actually act my age...or older.

Advertisement
Back