Just got off the phone with Spectrum re: ACC Network

Enlighten me. What is the best thing out there to get normal channels. A way to get the NHL package when the season comes (go Leafs) and all the other sports a man needs with some cartoon disney stuff for the little one? Feedback appreciated. I'm with Comcast now and they are pants down, ******' on me.

So Disney is about to make their own streaming service which will have most of their movies (including the Marvel and Star Wars), a lot of their TV shows, and possibly some new stuff just for it. It is going to come out pretty cheap to build up the user base but also because they already own the content they don't have to worry about paying licensing and bidding wars for it. If you aren't too picky and want to go cheaper there is some free stuff out there like Crackle, Pluto TV, Popcorn Flicks, Popcorn Flicks for Kids, Tubi TV. Probably some others. I am going to stick to legitimate ones. There are some non-legit ones but beyond possibly getting busted one day for using them supposedly some do shady stuff to try and hack your stuff. Pluto and Tubi are kind of like cable where they have channels you can scroll through. There may or may not be something you like on them but its free.

As far as sports I only looked up for college football and making sure they have the ACC Network in case some games are only showed on there. From everything I could find only Hulu Live TV plus has everything you need. Though they probably have most of what you need for other sports since they have all the ESPNs. They might also have Fox Sports Network? Beyond that people have talked about Fubo TV which is supposedly really good for sports in general but be just short of what you want for NFL and College Football.

The other thing is I believe the pay services are month to month and you can cancel them on your own. Versus the cable companies seem to hide the ability for you to understand your bill or be able to figure out what other packages you can get without calling them. So my plan would be to have Hulu Live TV Plus for college football and then drop it. Maybe I would get just the cheap Hulu package to test other stuff out during non-season?

I already have Amazon Prime just for shipping. Many people probably have the same. Well that has a lot of content on it for streaming. They keep adding new stuff as well as making their own content.

I don't have Netflix though I know many people have it even with cable. I might try that out. Though if you have that already then I am sure you have a ton of stuff already.

Those are the two major things that you might already have.

One more thing, I looked into Spectrum Choice. Which is basically picking 10 cable channels and paying a lot less for that. Which could probably really cover most people. Though they currently don't have the ACC Network so it was scratched from my list. Though it could be something up your alley for other sports and some general TV watching.

Advertisement
Agreed.

It's funny, I found a modem/wireless router at Best Buy that works on Spectrum. Paid for itself.

Then, last year, my dad passed away, and I was helping my mom take care of all of her TV/internet stuff. So I bought the same modem/router for her, but we had to take it back to Best Buy because, in addition to having cable and internet with Spectrum, she has REGULAR PHONE SERVICE with Spectrum. And you could only use SPECTRUM's piece-o-****e modem and router (yes, 2 separate components) for the regular phone line.

She's in her 70s, so I couldn't talk her into cutting the regular telephone cord. ****, she's had the same phone number since 1972 (well, we did have to change our area code from 305 to 407 when Orlando started to grow in population).
That's like when I set up Comcast, I specifically ordered a Bluetooth box, so I can move it to any tv. When the installer came, he said it only works on THEIR modem/router. LOL I almost sent him away right there but he just activated every outlet I had so I can install the extra box anywhere. These money grubbing companies man!!

Agreed.

It's funny, I found a modem/wireless router at Best Buy that works on Spectrum. Paid for itself.

Then, last year, my dad passed away, and I was helping my mom take care of all of her TV/internet stuff. So I bought the same modem/router for her, but we had to take it back to Best Buy because, in addition to having cable and internet with Spectrum, she has REGULAR PHONE SERVICE with Spectrum. And you could only use SPECTRUM's piece-o-****e modem and router (yes, 2 separate components) for the regular phone line.

She's in her 70s, so I couldn't talk her into cutting the regular telephone cord. ****, she's had the same phone number since 1972 (well, we did have to change our area code from 305 to 407 when Orlando started to grow in population).

I can understand her not wanting to part with that. It feels like such a necessity. Also if you feel its worth paying for then do it. I can't say much against it. I have been paying for cable for 2 years without being really able to use it. (can use it on one TV but not the TV I use by far the most) One thing this experience has taught me is those channels and shows I though I really wanted and needed, in reality I don't care about. They were just the best of what was available but most of it I haven't cared to put in effort to go back to. That is except the walking dead.

They sucked for a while and I got rid of all my old boxes, but the Bolts are pretty amazing. ****, everyone who DVRs is using something that TiVo invented.

I'm not a fan of paying the cable company $10 or $15 a month for every "HD DVR" that they "rent" to me, just so that I can pay them more money for the service too.

TiVo is solid, but the up-front cost can be high.

To be perfectly honest, I didn’t even know they existed as a company anymore. I used to have a TiVo box way back before high definition. They were actually a pretty good innovation for their time.

Advertisement
OK, so I called in to Spectrum (Orlando) to do the whole "I want my MTV" thing, and to tell them if they did NOT add the ACC Network, that I was going to cut the cord.

And I'm not sure if I spoke to a complete moron (I have other reasons for saying that), but I was told the following.

She said that I would have to upgrade to the "Spectrum Gold" package (apparently, in Orlando, most of us are on the legacy Brighthouse cable packages), but she said that I WOULD have ACC Network. Of course, the drawback is that I would have to take Big 10 Network and all the other ****ty sports networks, but hey, I guess I have to do what I have to do.

I would encourage everyone to make the call and see if they reach a similar outcome.

Go Canes!
Not no, but **** no

Advertisement
Does anyone know about fire stick. They give me the sec, b10, and a lot of pac12 channels for whatever reason. So is it safe to assume that they’ll add the acc?

Last edited:
Care to share what you have to do to get that seriously I would like to know.
I looked on YouTube, just type unlock firestick and there is thousands of apps just have to find the right one. It took me about 2 hrs to find the perfect one. It's all about where in the us you are. And dont forget to create a VPN.

Advertisement
I plan once again to purchase YouTubeTV, monthly, from late August through the last Miami game. The past two seasons I have watched nearly every game. The exceptions were games against Savannah State, maybe one other I cannot recall. I can view the game on my phone, iPad, or large computer monitor.

All u need is a smart TV and ESPN+ which is like 5 dollars per month. Mirror your phone to your TV and problem solved.

Advertisement
Legit no need for cable/satellite. Drop it and cop 3 things: ESPN+, Netflix, Hulu. It’ll be cheaper than a cable bill and you get way more except for this mid day soap operas.
This right here.

I haven't paid a cable bill in almost 2 years. Everything is streamed. Anything u want to watch can be found on streaming apps or a link on the internet then mirrored to your TV.

OK, so I called in to Spectrum (Orlando) to do the whole "I want my MTV" thing, and to tell them if they did NOT add the ACC Network, that I was going to cut the cord.

And I'm not sure if I spoke to a complete moron (I have other reasons for saying that), but I was told the following.

She said that I would have to upgrade to the "Spectrum Gold" package (apparently, in Orlando, most of us are on the legacy Brighthouse cable packages), but she said that I WOULD have ACC Network. Of course, the drawback is that I would have to take Big 10 Network and all the other ****ty sports networks, but hey, I guess I have to do what I have to do.

I would encourage everyone to make the call and see if they reach a similar outcome.

Go Canes!
Dude. This is what I did and I get ALL the Canes games here in Orlando. I pay 44 a month for the Spectrum internet connection. I have HULU, which covers all the games. ***** Spectrum

Sling TV is only streaming source that will carry ACC Network based off their channel lineup against other packages.

@Dr.L.ThugU sales these sweet boxes.. Will get you every channel for free for a small fee to him of course.. He will program the **** out of this box and all your tv worries will be gone.. @Ecush @stevehick @FlatlandCane purchased this for themselves and several family members..

z7oRDht.jpg

Advertisement
Back