JT4

Why do we do this every **** year? Yearby, Norton, McIntosh, etc. etc. Even guys that do make a roster have been drafted late and make much less on their rookie deals (Homer, Joe Jackson, etc.). And there's no guarantee they'll make a second contract, let alone finish out their first.

Jeff Thomas was a borderline 6th round draft pick by scouts and that was before his underwhelming start to this season. I have no doubt he will go pro, however. None. Because that's what we do.

Advertisement
Kid caught 50 11 tougher balls last year. Had fewer drops. He’s regressed - and he isn’t playing fast at the snap.

Funny people are saying that was a td if he catches it. Goes to show how ******* stupid people are here. He was getting tackled/going down even if he caught it.

Boy you are a dumb ****! It was obviously well under thrown just like the Harley pass. Kid has a noodle arm

Advertisement
Boy you are a dumb ****! It was obviously well under thrown just like the Harley pass. Kid has a noodle arm
Dude I was agreeing with you it was underthrown and his arm was being held. But the geniuses on here were saying it’s a td if he catches it. Yea maybe if Williams had a stronger arm and led him.

JT4 is not Elite. IMO inky Brevin has the Elite factor on offense. I live DJ, but not sure he is Elite. We will see what happens with Lingard
As it stands now, Brevin Jordan is the only elite player on our entire roster. Maybe some will prove to be eventually, but for now let's stop using that ******* word. Nobody but #9 has proven themselves to be elite on the field. Facts hurt sometimes.

He's a good player but his game is rough around the edges. He has no polish as a receiver. On that long pass his hand technique was horrible as he tried to catch it into his chest like a punt, enabling the defender to reach in and bat it away. You have to attack the ball with your hands out in that situation.

Several posters like @The Franchise argued with me that catch technique is overrated and guys either catch or they don't or some nonsense like that. This was a perfect example of a scenario where technique wins and 'innate catching' loses.

Thomas is also a careless and raw route runner so there are your 2 reasons why he's not as good a football player as he is an athlete.
I agree with your last paragraph but that catch would have had to be made with one hand. The DB held his other arm.
9D8DA691-ABA7-484E-ABE7-FB4B12ABC1C1.gif

Said it in another thread; it looks like he wants to do enough to get get drafted, but playing out the string otherwise.

I could be very wrong. Watch him make it to the league, play big time, then start *****ing about helmets and stuff.

Advertisement
As it stands now, Brevin Jordan is the only elite player on our entire roster. Maybe some will prove to be eventually, but for now let's stop using that ******* word. Nobody but #9 has proven themselves to be elite on the field. Facts hurt sometimes.
Agree...

He probably should have went up and attacker the ball but his arm was absolutely being held by unc defender. That’s pass interference
He would have had to come to a complete stop to jump and attack the ball because it was behind him

Advertisement
Yawn Jeff Thomas is going to the NFL, and will ball out for the Chiefs. Book it. This is his first year with a QB, and his OC is scared to go deep.

Advertisement
I agree with your last paragraph but that catch would have had to be made with one hand. The DB held his other arm.
View attachment 96715

Glad to see the Jeff Thomas excuses continuing for a 3rd straight year. For as talented as he is supposed to be according to the CIS board, he just doesn't
He would have had to come to a complete stop to jump and attack the ball because it was behind him

Come to a complete stop because it was behind him. Wow, I've heard it all now. Glad to see the CIS board is now in full year 3 of the Jeff Thomas excuse tour. And no, that's not a hold. That happens on every play where a WR doesn't create separation. Simple contact that any WR who is supposedly is as talented as he is should be able to play through.

Verbal warning. Ignore poster vs possible thread derailment.
Any receiver with any strength and balls makes that catch.

He’s a ******* 5 star. Quit making excuses you weak *** *****
He was a 4 star star you dumb ******* waste of space.

Advertisement
Back