Josh Sanguinetti Opening measurable

Advertisement
Idgaf about a 40. Kid’s film doesn’t lie, he’s a quality player on tape. I just really wish he’d commit and quit with the Stanford sh**

Aww you must be the idiot who tweets at him.

Plus Stanford is a **** good school

A 4.8 for someone who is supposed to be a DB doesnt concern you?

Pass
Like someone said on page 1, There is an art to running a 40. If he spent a week with a track coach I'd bet it would shave at least .15 off his time.

I very much agree with this sentiment.

But, this one is tough to me, because Sanguinetti just looks like such a natural in space.

I've only seen highlights, but he just seems to be so fluid and such an efficient mover in space, whether he's going forward, backwards or sideline to sideline. This "limited athlete" is rangy as **** covering everything deep and also is making very athletic plays at WR.

I could've told you he wasn't the most explosive, but his 40 is discouraging. I would have predicted in the 4.7 range (similar to how Jeremiah Payton ran a 4.7 -- btw watch Payton get that down to a low 4.5, high 4.4 over his time at UM.

I know he's skinny, but I still see Sanguinetti as a better safety prospect than CB. He's one of the more natural ballhawking centerfielders I've seen on tape this cycle.

He's lacking in athletic testing and isn't as explosive as I'd like, but I'll tell you what: When Belen opened the season against University last year, all the highlights indicate that Sanguinetti was the alpha athlete on that football field, not Kenny McIntosh or Don Chaney (who we all know is a stud in his own right and a supreme athlete).

Sanguinetti is wiry and a long strider. I bet he actually will become more explosive when he adds some weight/muscle as he's probably never really worked on building up his explosiveness.

I still see high upside with him despite these numbers and will happily take him in the class.

Great post.

A lot depends on your definition of “athlete.” To me, Joe Mauer is one of the greatest athletes in the world. He was National Player of the Year in football and baseball and an all-state point guard. He turned down FSU to play in the big leagues and became one of the greatest catchers of all-time.

But if you put Mauer in the combine, he’s not going to set the world on fire. Conversely, there are stiffs who can run a good 40.

Sanguinetti is a guard on the #2 basketball team in the country. A lot of his time goes to skill development. In person, he looks like a baby-faced kid with arms down to his ankles that has never seen a weight room in his life. Once he starts focusing on getting stronger and more explosive, his game will take off.

The film speaks for itself. He is a smooth playmaker on both sides of the ball.

Advertisement
It was 90 and the stats say different about being ridiculously athletic.

Men Lie, Women Lie, Numbers dont

WTF, it was a winter wonderland with three feet of snow in the Midwest yesterday. The only safe spot in the country with warm weather is S. FL with all of this global warming stuff.

LMAO, it was probably cold in Ohio yesterday. What do people think and how geographically challenged are some?

Anyhow, that 40 time sucks. There's no other way to say it. Slipped? Nah, they would let him run it again.

Sanguinetti has elite ball skills, best in south Florida probably actually. That’s what he is good at. Guys get faster and as he gets proper nutrition and a weight training program he will be alright. In college you see amazing transformations. **** look at Saquon Barkley, gained 30 pounds and dropped his 40 yard dash from a mid 4.6 in highschool to a low 4.4 at the combine

So he gets faster, guess what. Other recruits who go wherever will as well.

He isn't out of shape, he's just not fast. That isn't everything, but where a difference in a play is often determined by tenths of a second, that lack of speed is a concern.

I don't have enough information to say what you do with him. That's just an eye popping number and combined with the shuttle, worth looking into.

Sanguenettis atheltic measurables are eyepoppingly bad.

Wow skinny, light, slow, not a good short shuttle, and a 28 inch-vertical.

That guy could get overwhelmed athletically trying to cover WRs at the high D-1 level.

Kenny Mcintosh numbers are fine.

He is almost 6’1 216 pounds with a sparq of 96. Vertical of 33 inches.

Advertisement
You guys are taking those times way out of proportion. 48hrs ago this kid was a must get now he is a Plan B option? How about we just see how he does at the Opening and bring him to Paradise camp and see how he fills out going into next year. I still want him as a legit CB/S option.

U fools do realize a junior going into his senior year that’s 5’11 could still grow a whole **** inch to be 6’0 to make you weirdos happy right??

Maybe 20% of all of cfb players run a 4.5 or less regardless of position. This extra **** about laser 40 times for high school kids going into their senior years is some more slow ****.

If he was a UM caliber talent before he still is now... Jenoris Jenkins was a 4.8 guy ran a 4.6 by the time he went pro, some of y’all are slow af with this same retarded **** every season.

Advertisement
Dude is 5’11 but his length is insane , dudes arms are **** near at his knees.

Some of you don’t understand how length works , there’s 6’2 - 6’3 guys that lack length. They’re just tall.

Then there’s guys like Sanguetti, in the 6’0 range but his length makes him a lot longer than the taller guy.

Tbh, I had no idea he was so long , which makes him more intriguing.

If you believe Edge was a 4.9 guy i got some beach front property in Immokalee to sell to you. Which one of the jags safeties are 4.7 guys?
Edge HIMSELF will tell you he ran a 4.9 40 in high school. He's said this in the media on multiple occasions. He got faster in college when he learned how to eat, train, and run. This was clearly written but this time I'll put it in CAPS for you... BOTH of the Jags STARTING safeties run 4.7s. That's Barry Church (4.69 Officially at the NFL Combine) and Tashaun Gipson (4.61-4.72 depending on HAND TIME's on UVA's TRACK)

U fools do realize a junior going into his senior year that’s 5’11 could still grow a whole **** inch to be 6’0 to make you weirdos happy right??

Maybe 20% of all of cfb players run a 4.5 or less regardless of position. This extra **** about laser 40 times for high school kids going into their senior years is some more slow ****.

If he was a UM caliber talent before he still is now... Jenoris Jenkins was a 4.8 guy ran a 4.6 by the time he went pro, some of y’all are slow af with this same retarded **** every season.

I agree with you 100 with your point. When it comes to Laser times...it's more like 10% run 4.5, 5% run 4.4 and .05% run 4.3.

Advertisement
Too bad he has not participated in track as one most of the time one runs sprints in various meets and it they have a good 100m or 200m it can offset some of these Combine times as a "bad day"

In the over all SPARQ Rating Score McIntosh posted a very respectable 96.12 score
Sanguinetti posted a Rating Score of 70.71. His vertical was a pedestrian 28.5 inches.

Right above Sanguinetti scoring higher are 280 to 300 plus linemen. I hope it was a very off day!

Nike Football The Opening

Last edited:
Seen his film and the film speaks for itself, dude has crazy upside, not the most athletically gifted prospect, but I can see this dude being one of the more elite ball hawking DBs in CFB, Kid intercepts the ball like he’s grabbing rebounds.

Is he coming to Paradise? If so that will clear this situation up a lot as he will be timed there and will participate against top WRs.

Not a good 40 but who knows, maybe he slipped or had a bad run? I think it was also pretty cold up in Ohio, so a South Florida kid struggling on the testing isn't surprising

I mean the Ohio St 247 guy who covered the camp said Josh was very impressive, and he got an invite to the Opening Finals.

Freaking out over this stuff is just dumb. It's one piece of info, but not the end all be all. Anyone who doesn't think Josh is a great athlete must have never watched U School basketball. The kid is ridiculously athletic

NIKE FOOTBALL THE OPENING REGIONAL OHIO RESULTS
MAY 5, 2018 * MASSILLON WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL
SUNNY & 75 DEGREES * SURFACE: FIELDTURF

Advertisement
Back