Josh Sanguinetti Opening measurable

Advertisement
Another kid who shrank, was listed at 6’2 175

Opening results from Ohio:

Josh Sanguinetti 5'11.5" 173 pounds 4.86 forty, 4.53 short shuttle
Just keeping it real. That's *** bro. Even worse than the 40 is the shuttle SMH. I'd be fine losing this kid. That ain't gonna cut it athletically to be a Miami quality DB. At least Nigel Bethel has the tools to be great. Find guys with attributes like Mike Jack and let Rumph stay on their azzes.

Not a good 40 but who knows, maybe he slipped or had a bad run? I think it was also pretty cold up in Ohio, so a South Florida kid struggling on the testing isn't surprising

I mean the Ohio St 247 guy who covered the camp said Josh was very impressive, and he got an invite to the Opening Finals.

Freaking out over this stuff is just dumb. It's one piece of info, but not the end all be all. Anyone who doesn't think Josh is a great athlete must have never watched U School basketball. The kid is ridiculously athletic

McIntosh ran in the 4.84 range too at 6’0.5 216

That's not bad at all for his size. Anthony Solomon weighs 20 lbs less and ran the same 40, if you really want to dissect these things.

Again, people care way too much about testing at HS camps. Two kids can be the same speed, but if one knows the form and technique, he'
ll put up a better time. Wind/conditions also play a role.
'
This isn't the NFL combine where everyone is equally prepared

Advertisement
Not a good 40 but who knows, maybe he slipped or had a bad run? I think it was also pretty cold up in Ohio, so a South Florida kid struggling on the testing isn't surprising

I mean the Ohio St 247 guy who covered the camp said Josh was very impressive, and he got an invite to the Opening Finals.

Freaking out over this stuff is just dumb. It's one piece of info, but not the end all be all. Anyone who doesn't think Josh is a great athlete must have never watched U School basketball. The kid is ridiculously athletic
Agree, his film is good too

I live in Ohio it hit 90 today

It was 90 and the stats say different about being ridiculously athletic.

Men Lie, Women Lie, Numbers dont

Advertisement
Another kid who shrank, was listed at 6’2 175

Opening results from Ohio:

Josh Sanguinetti 5'11.5" 173 pounds 4.86 forty, 4.53 short shuttle

I said that awhile ago that he wasnt that big...which is why i never got the safety talk.

Also the u doesnt need to be recruiting 4.9 rbs. Dont care about legacy or size. Unless Mcintosh is an Lb recruit he shouldnt be high up on our list. But ive never had him that high on the list as others on here.

Sanguinetti is below avg athletically.Film isnt bad. But i would put him in the same group as Marcus Lafrance (DB), and the kid out of Carol City.

Last edited:
Disappointing time but Sanguinetti is more of a coordination athlete. Just watch his highlights or his basketball clips.

I think S&C and coaching will really help him. He’ll be a 6’, 190 lbs. corner with long arms and ball skills.

Will he ever be a 4.3 guy? Absolutely not. But can he improve and be a 4.5 guy with that length? Yes, and that is ideal.
He’s light as **** rn. He’s gotta put on at least 20 pounds. You’re expecting him to gain 20 pounds and still cut .30 something seconds from his 40 time? I think we know now why he might have lost that 5th star. I’d still take him tho.

Advertisement
Disappointing time but Sanguinetti is more of a coordination athlete. Just watch his highlights or his basketball clips.

I think S&C and coaching will really help him. He’ll be a 6’, 190 lbs. corner with long arms and ball skills.
But stuck in quicksand with suspect hips. I'm not feeling the love right now. If he goes to Stanford zero fs given.

Every year I remind ya’ll Edge ran a 4.9 his senior year of HS. I’ll bet Jaquan can’t run faster than 4.7. ****, both of the Jags starting safeties are 4.7 guys on what’s considered the best defense in the NFL. That’s fast enough for the position if you have a quick first step and instincts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
DMONEY he has the length you would like at cb. He has the basketball pedigree as well with his ball skills. But he cant run. He's a knock kneed kid if you can see and those guys never could run. He can play the boundary here though probably. Typically like those guys 6'1 + though...the Gunter's,Mike Jacksons, Michael Rumph types. They seem to have him as a top priority..those athletic numbers dont scream UM top priority at cb here. He'll be our slowest db by far if he commits.

Advertisement
Back